UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dingle Dangles

merledogs

Sooooo today was hamper day ... here was me all smug thinking I had averted disaster last week when I realised I'd only bought 6 hamper baskets and needed 7 but rushed out to Home Bargains and managed to grab an odd one - doesnt match the others but hey ho, then this afternoon after faffing about all day putting it off (as you do lol) I took everything into the conservatory and piled it onto the tables and realised 2 things - a) it wasn't just the hamper I had miscounted and I'd only bought 6 of everything not 7 .... and b) the things I had bought and made didn't look like a hell of a lot when put into the baskets plus some stuff I had been waiting for from China hasn't arrived even though they claim to have sent it 6 weeks ago :confused: soooooo off I toddled to Home Bargains again (gawd I LOVE that shop) and spent another £23 :confused02: but managed to get everything I needed for the 7th hamper plus some little bits and bobs to go in the others so now they look much much better. Its taking me forever to actually wrap the damned things in cellophane though and I've only done 2 so far *eeek* - next year I will NOT be doing hampers lol

Hahaha, Jazz, that is hilarious!! Glad Trudy has slept well for you. My tattoo reads " smile like you've never cried, fight like you've never lost, love like you've never been hurt, live today like you'll die tomorrow" fits my life perfectly... i have somehow deleted the picture, must have been when i was faffing with photobucket albums

That bread recipe sounds very yummy!

it is my week for freebies this week, my hairdresser had a new product she wanted to try, it is this stuff

http://lorealprofessionnel.co.uk/products/haircolour/index-haircolour/hair-chalk-hub/

only lasts a couple of washes and as my hair was pink already but faded slightly we put the pink over the top, it is really good as you don't have to wash it out afterwards, i can imagine kids will like it for the school holidays, i will however need to wash my hair tonight so i will see if it stays put or not

Nice one Griff. I never colour my hair, well apart from doing the highlight thing when I was much younger, so that hair chalk isn't for me but nonetheless I love the idea :)

I am about to make turkey spagetti from a recipe from our Rosemary Connelly diet book. I've made it several times and its very tasty so I am looking forward too it. If anyone wants to come for tea you'd better get a move on as it will be ready in about a half-hour.

By some miracle I got an appointment with my doctor this afternoon, told him my tale of woe and after prodding various places he announced I have myofascial pain syndrome..it may be in addition to fibromyalgia, or it may have been the culprit all along. The bad news is there's no cure for it, but if it gets worse he recommends acupuncture.

Suzeanna - hope you feel better soon :GroupHug:

I've had a horrendous day at work - project I am working on involves a real a******. Unfortunately his own boss, who is also on the project team, is wary of saying anything to him cos a****** is friends with our chief exec. My boss's boss, who is also on the project team, didn't give me any support. Feckin tossers.

Hope you get it sorted Alex :flowers:

I went shopping today to get an outfit for the Christmas quiz tonight. I ended up getting a slightly short and risqué Mrs Christmas outfit from Ann Summers - figured with thick black tights underneath I was ok :laugh: Anyway, it turns out it isn't fancy dress now :angry: :rolleyes: I will have to keep it for another occasion :) I also bought a fab ring - I saw it in the jewellers when I was getting mum's Christmas and birthday present. I didn't get it at the time, but went for a wander and then decided I'd regret it if I went home and didn't buy it, so I went back. It is beautiful - simple silver band with a shiny star on it :)

Good for you Gooster, the ring sounds gorgeous :)

Has Trudy improved any from just being home Alicia?

I am getting asthma type symptoms but my inhaler has no affect on it so it must be something else causing it. I was coughing earlier in the week but I am just wheezy and short of breath now.

Good job I wrapped my Crimbo pressies up yesterday as I came up short for my sis-in-law. She always is very thoughtful about what she gets everyone for Christmas and over the years I have had some lovely gifts from her and my brother. I've got her some Occitane (spelling?) soap in a boxed gift set but need something to go with it. My brother is a nightmare to buy for but I think he'll be pleased with what I've got him this year; a polo shirt with his beloved Carlisle Utd's badge on the front - and it's grey which is his favourite colour. Of all the fantastic colours in the palette why would anyone choose grey? :rolleyes: :laughingsmiley: