UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dingle Dangles

merledogs

Lol, she is most deffo real!!!!! she is balck with a white flash on her chest and one tiny little white toe, i haven't any piccies yet as i am trying to get the dogs used to each other. she is a staffy, 9 weeks old and from wales.... the lady who had her said her son was terrified of him and she needed her gone asap so we did a 300 mile round trip to collect her. both of my dogs have been really good especially delaney who is fear aggressive, he does try to chase her but as she gets a bit bigger i won't worry so much. we had been looking for over a year now and diez has been so depressed after her op i had a word with the vet and he said there was nothing to lose, she hasn't cheered up any but doesn't seem upset either... i have a feeling my old girl might not be here much longer.... gutted as i wanted her to teach the pup the ropes. she is going to be called Deagan with think which is gaelic for dark haired, i have to get her in at the vets for her jabs as although the lady said she had been jabbed for the first lot she has no paperwork...same for worming and fleaing and she said the farmer did the jabs??????? i am guessing i may have a puppy farm staffy then, oh well she is safe now

Gooster, i too have been down the walk in centre... i have another water infection (only finished 2 courses of antibiotics on friday) so i feel your pain, make sure you drink plenty of water to flush things through and i was told pearl barley helps, boil up a pan of it and drink the liquid. hope you feel better soon

Jazz, hope you are feeling better today

i promise to get a piccie put up as soon as i can of our new addition, i had forgot how hyper pups are! didn't help her being fed bakers either

change of plan.... she can't be called deagan as diez thinks i am calling her, she is very very bold and both dogs have just given her what for, it is early days so i hope they can come to a compromise and get along TBH i am not to worried about diez as the worst she would do is a little snap but i reckon laney would have a proper bite so iam being very careful

change of plan.... she can't be called deagan as diez thinks i am calling her, she is very very bold and both dogs have just given her what for, it is early days so i hope they can come to a compromise and get along TBH i am not to worried about diez as the worst she would do is a little snap but i reckon laney would have a proper bite so iam being very careful

It's early days.

One of my bitches took 3 weeks to accept a pup in the house. She wouldn't go near them and sent them packing with plenty noise if they dared to go near her.

After three weeks the barriers would slowly come down- first, coming in from the garden she would trot beside the pup rather than keeping her distance. Then a short bounce towards to the pup then she would remember she didn't do puppies and would draw away.

A couple of days later she would start playing with the pup for short periods and that was it.

I did make sure the pup took a warning from her when given and didn't annoy her.

ive been to a reptile rescue today with massive snakes. corrrrr when you see them up close you realise how really lovely they are.

then we went to see the man who runs D.W.A.R.F. he has crocodiles, box turtles, loads of other reptiles. hes in a normal house in a cul de sac. I dont know how he has that much land for all the animals. think ill google his house ....

Can't wait to see pics of poopie :wub: When we got Ted, Charlie wasn't keen. When Ted walked into a room, Charlie would get up and walk out :rolleyes: :wub: They are best buddies now though :)

Hoping your water infection is cleared soon :flowers: They aren't the most pleasant of things to have :unsure:

I don't blame you for wanting to move somewhere warm and sunny Loobie - I am counting down the days till I go to Cuba (26 days...) I can't wait to be warm again!!

Morning.

I hope things settle down with the new puppy soon.

Also hoping the water infections clear up soon :flowers:

I had a good weekend. Didn't manage to make the banana bread, as I forgot to buy coconut milk, but its now planned for tomorrow after work. I did make chocolate truffles, and had my sister and BIL round to taste test for me. They went down well :) Managed to make mint, orange, coffee, almond, ginger and orange flavoured ones.

It is wet and miserable out here, though quite warm. We're trialing a new agility club this evening - I'm hoping it'll combine the good bits of two of the other clubs we train at so I can reduce our training evenings down to 2.