UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dingle Dangles

merledogs

Moaning :tired:

Snding healing thoughts for poorly dogs :GroupHug:

Positiv thoughts jazz :GroupHug:

Well they didn't do much yesterday apart from take the old guttering off. Bloke had van trouble but his ickle apprentice came and started the job. He was such a lovley boy (only 18 and ickle). He asked me if I had a Samsung charger cos his phone had just died. Saw that it was a really old knackered phone so I dug out my old Samsung Galaxy Y which I recharged and gave to him. He didn't want to take it at first but I made him cos it would just have sat in my drawer along with the other zillion or so old mobile phones. When his boss turned up later, he said that because I had been nice to Lewis he was going to re-felt the bit above the bay and paint the wood trim for nothing. So folks, good deeds breed good deeds :wink: I was happy until Lewis said I reminded him of his nan :mad: I think he meant personality so I didn't take offence :laugh:

• Like 2

morning all

I have man flu. its official. I want to ring a bell and someone come to wait on me. yeaa right! lol

why did I say id give a friend a lift this morning and evening. oo in an hour and ive only had 1 coffee

have a nice day

vroommmmmmmm

Jazz, feel better soon

Owl, shame the roof couldn't be flattened a bit..... you really are a nicer person than me as it would have been all out war with your horrid neighbour if she lived next to me!

Merledogs, what a lovely thing to do..... what did you think of the samsung galaxy y? i am thinking of getting those for my parents (when i eventually manage to save some money!) but they have never had smart phones before

had to take the holter monitor off diez today and they used adhesive bandage to hold it on, i used the chemical stuff to dissolve the adhesive but she still bit me.... i have a lovely purple bruise right on my forehead, i know she didn't mean it and i did feel very sorry for her but it still bloody hurts Lol

Nice one Alex :flowers: As the people who reunited me with my little wallet said they like to treat people as they hoped to be treated themselves and generally found that kindness breeds kindness.

Fingers crossed for Trudy's return on Tuesday :biggrin:

Poor you Griff and poor Diez. That must have hurt her to cause her to bite her mum. I hope the bruise fades fast :flowers:

Suzeanna it's nice to see you post :flowers:

I am starting with some sort of chesty cough. It's been niggling for about a week now but I woke up this morning to a bit of a rattle and a definite wheeze and I generally don't feel so good :(

Jayne did you get my email?

Just replied to your email Marion :flowers:

There is a company by me that does a full oven clean for £35 - I haven't had it done yet, but I think it would be well worth it :)

Was supposed to be going shopping with mum and dad today, however when dad phoned me up, he told me they had had words and there would be an atmosphere. I told them I wouldn't bother and instead had an afternoon on the sofa catching up on tv and drinking tea. I now have to go to the farm to sort Blue out, and I really would rather stay indoors where is is warm! Never mind though - I have the whole week off to stay warm and chill on the sofa :)

It was ok griff but the screen was way too small. I have the Galaxy S3 mini now which is better but am going to get the full size one next time I change it.

Got my new mattress set up on the floor upstairs after getting the blokes to carry it upstairs for me. The old bed is in bits on the landing so I may take it to the recycling center tomorrow.

Blokes have put the new fascias and soffits on but need to come back tomorrow to finish off.

Take it easy Yantan. The dreaded lurgy is not to be trifled with. It has come back and hit me again.

griff, I doubt if I am a nicer person than you. The reason I act in a moderate way and take the moral high ground is that it is a good way to make the other person feel and look like a prat. Strategy more than morality I fear!

• Like 1

Owl in these days of economic cutbacks etc. most councils have had their incomes slashed to the bone, I highly doubt any council is going to be willing to spend the kind of sums it would take to force you to take down the pod for the sake of a couple of foot here and there, and devaluing a property isn't actually grounds for refusing planning anyway - I know this for a fact as when my mum tried to object to the change of use of next door to a residential care home she was told property value was not a valid reason, similarly I hang out on a property website from time to time and planning issues come up regularly and property value, spoiling views, etc. doesn't factor into objections at all. She can only really object on grounds of noise or you being able to look into her windows or something and she most certainly cannot object on the grounds that she cant now shout across your garden to the other neighbor - thats pretty damned intrusive of HER anyway.

Thanks snow. Neighbour says I can look into her windows, but I have tried to see if they are visible from the inside of the pod. Only from one angle, and you can only see the top of her window unless you stand on a chair! And I have offered to put up a screen. The council may well make her case a priority because she holds a respected position in a different department. But when I told the planning officer that one complaint was that she would now feel uncomfortable chatting across my garden, he laughed out loud. :D

I suspect that when the enforcement officer comes out, neighbours will be in for a few surprises. They seemed pretty sure that both the council and their solicitor will support them 100%

Bad people are bad enough to deal with, but good people with bee in bonnet can be worse. Not that there would be any bees on their premises. Perhaps a pretty butterfly might be allowed to visit a flower by prior arrangement if it wiped its ickle feet first.

Feeling quite poorly today, the cough has mostly gone but I think it must be a post viral effect. I am very weak and shaky. No temperature thank goodness,