UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dingle Dangles

merledogs

feel beeter soon Jazz, take plenty of fluids

welcome home Murtle

hope your workmen have done a good job Merledogs

Yay, well done Nog

well done archie too

i started Diez on the selgian tablets, it will take 2-4 weeks for an effect to be seen..... her behaviour didn't fit with senility so as much as i hate them i gave in and used a pet corrector with the command stop when she began whining..... after 5 sprays i can now hold up my finger and say stop and she does! she slept through until 8am this morning and i had to get her up, i am sure she will start whinging again but i am more convinced it is behavioural now... i haven't given her the selgian today as we want to see if there is any change in her

Glad poorly pooches are on the mend, now poorly humans take note and get better too!

Rather concerned for a neighbour over the road from me...I was chatting to his wife the other day and she said he felt ill when they were on holiday, and now he has no feeling in his hands or feet and has had to be signed off work, for the first time since he started at 15! (he's mid fifties now.) She said the GP didn't know what was wrong but having looked up symptoms, it isn't encouraging...Parkinson's or MS seem to be the most likely, unless it's a side effect of diabetes, which I don't think he's got. I do hope I'm wrong, he's one of those quiet chaps that just says hello but if he sees you have a problem with the car, he'll be straight over to fix it without being asked. My son's mother in law has definitely got dementia...as has my daughter's father in law. Oh how I dread getting older.

my builder changed the lights in the living room and bedroom. they were the multiple ones. its so dark in the living room with just a single light, but the room looks bigger. same for the bedroom

hes done the step at the front door as the forecast said no ice, but it was icing up by 6pm,so hope the concrete sets

Looking good Snow :) Hope you have some winning scratch cards in there :)

Am sure Trudy will be home soon :flowers:

Hope the guttering man sorts it out for you Alex :)

Went to Tesco tonight to take a dress back, the dress went back and I ended up spending £120 :wacko: Definitely the most expensive dress I have ever returned :laugh: :rolleyes: I did however buy all 8 seasons of 24 on DVD, some new knickers and some Baileys (as well as some food!)

Sorry to hear about your neighbour, suzeanna.

I have discovered something which has left me reeling. I am gradually working through and sorting out mum's paperwork, and it is clear that her dementia started long before we became aware. I thought she had gas from British Gas and electricity from Eon. I have now found that in theory she is getting both gas and electricity from BOTH of them and paying twice over for all her fuel bills by direct debits set up ages ago, This morning will be spent finding out exactly who has been supplying her and getting the other one to cough up an impressive rebate. Knowing what the energy giants are like, I bet they will try to wriggle out of it.

Snow what a lovely idea :)

Jeepers Jayne that was some return to Tesco! Are you having a mammoth session of 24 over Christmas? We have all the series too and are planning on watching them over Crimbo coz we suspect the telly will be shite as usual.

Suddenly Christmas is coming too fast for me. I am starting to get behind with my preparations in part because I have my paid work to do. Our DW has opened her health shop and I am working behind the till tomorrow afternoon to enable her to take delivery of her next batch of stock. I did ask her if she was sure she wanted me fronting the shop as I am hardly a great example for a health shop :rolleyes:

We are doing a trade as she is going to walk Archie on a Thursday when the shop is closed in exchange for my stint in the shop on Wednesday :)

Right I must go and get on with my pencil packing. If you see me on here again today - shout at me!