UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dingle Dangles

merledogs

I so know what you mean and totally sympathise Snow.

I am so bloody sick of selfish dog owners who either don't keep their dogs under control or fail to clean up after them. The number of people I see walking their dogs OFF-LEAD around the town is gobsmacking. They cross busy roads with the dog running free!

And then there is someone who walks their dog or dogs every night past the front of our house and then down the back lane. The dog/s invariably poos either on the pavement outside our front or at the back as you come out of our gate and the owner just leaves it. It absolutely bloody infuriates me! Ruby went out to work one morning and stood right in a pile. I have tried to catch the culprit but they must come either very late or they vary the time. My local council have started spray painting warnings on pavements and road surfaces where this sort of thing has been i.d as being a problem. I'm going to request that they do our street and the back lane. I doubt that will stop the culprit but I am going to put a dummy CCTV camera on our back wall with a bloody big warning sign - that may stop them using the back lane but I have no where to put a camera at the front. I swear if I do catch them I will smear their face with their dog's s***!

And breathe.

I am about to cook myself a steak from the box of high quality free range fillet steaks and chicken breasts that were delivered this morning. I got a rice cooker for Christmas so I have used it for the first time and hope that I have had success at making the very tasty but plain rice that I ate a lot of in New England a few years back. If it's just like ye olde boiled rice I shall be very disappointed.

Forgot the reason I came in here for - Griff how did your appointment go?

I so know what you mean and totally sympathise Snow.

I am so bloody sick of selfish dog owners who either don't keep their dogs under control or fail to clean up after them. The number of people I see walking their dogs OFF-LEAD around the town is gobsmacking. They cross busy roads with the dog running free!

And then there is someone who walks their dog or dogs every night past the front of our house and then down the back lane. The dog/s invariably poos either on the pavement outside our front or at the back as you come out of our gate and the owner just leaves it. It absolutely bloody infuriates me! Ruby went out to work one morning and stood right in a pile. I have tried to catch the culprit but they must come either very late or they vary the time. My local council have started spray painting warnings on pavements and road surfaces where this sort of thing has been i.d as being a problem. I'm going to request that they do our street and the back lane. I doubt that will stop the culprit but I am going to put a dummy CCTV camera on our back wall with a bloody big warning sign - that may stop them using the back lane but I have no where to put a camera at the front. I swear if I do catch them I will smear their face with their dog's s***!

And breathe.

I am about to cook myself a steak from the box of high quality free range fillet steaks and chicken breasts that were delivered this morning. I got a rice cooker for Christmas so I have used it for the first time and hope that I have had success at making the very tasty but plain rice that I ate a lot of in New England a few years back. If it's just like ye olde boiled rice I shall be very disappointed.

Forgot the reason I came in here for - Griff how did your appointment go?

If you could put up a movement sensor light that came on when they passed being 'lit up in lights' might discourage them.

A few years ago a neighbour was very annoyed to regularly find a pile on sand he had at the top of a three car length drive.

A couple of us who had dogs got accused, which we denied.

Eventually he found the culprit. A neighbour from five doors away walked her poodle last thing every night. She actually walked up the drive with the dog on the lead and waited while it left its deposit then walked away.

He was speechless.

Snow, off lead dogs with careless owners bug the hell out of me, hope you next outing is a bit more successful

Yantan, my appointment was o.k, i had been rushed through and to begin with it was 6 months of antibiotics and then he examined me and i am being rushed through for a camera... oh joy! then when i rang my dad to see how the pup had been after being crated and left for 20 minutes i was greeted with the news laney was a jibbering shaking wreck who had gone to bed, when i got home he still wasn't right so shot down to the vets with him, they think he has hurt his leg again and has become incredibly stressed over the puppy, she is very hard work and in 2 weeks we have managed 3 outside wee's and no poo's and laney really isn't keen... we are alternating them on the sofa/crate and playing with her so she doesn't bother laney too much... hope he comes round soon

Glad your appointment was OK Griff :)

Archie was the nortiest and most challenging pup I've ever had but with consistent training and a super big brother who helped him learn (once he got over the shock of having his world turned upside down by a pesky pup) the boy came good. I can't say it was overnight - it was a long hard climb during which Ruby threatened to take him back to the rescue on more than one occasion - but we both love him so much now and couldn't imagine life without him. I don't know what I would have done when George went to the Bridge if hadn't been for The Archibald keeping me going.

I still swear though that I will never have another puppy!

Snow, off lead dogs with careless owners bug the hell out of me, hope you next outing is a bit more successful

Yantan, my appointment was o.k, i had been rushed through and to begin with it was 6 months of antibiotics and then he examined me and i am being rushed through for a camera... oh joy! then when i rang my dad to see how the pup had been after being crated and left for 20 minutes i was greeted with the news laney was a jibbering shaking wreck who had gone to bed, when i got home he still wasn't right so shot down to the vets with him, they think he has hurt his leg again and has become incredibly stressed over the puppy, she is very hard work and in 2 weeks we have managed 3 outside wee's and no poo's and laney really isn't keen... we are alternating them on the sofa/crate and playing with her so she doesn't bother laney too much... hope he comes round soon

Maybe Laney could do with some Rescue Remedy or using a DAP spray.

I bought him a dap collar last night at the vets (they are damn expensive!)we also have a diffuser and i have got some stuff off my homeopathy lady. Hopefully all will work out ok, things were going ok for the first two weeks.

happy new year to you all! See you in 2014