UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dingle Dangles

merledogs

Oh how lovely Suzeanna. Welcome little Beau or Bo - a lovely name for a wee hamster :) Can we get photos?

It's a lovely day here so taking advantage I have tried to get the worst of the crud of the paving stones in the garden. I have some Patio Magic stuff to put on to give it a really good clean but I can't put it on a wet surface and I've just scrubbed it all with hot water and washing up liquid. Also I would have to exclude Archie and be confident it won't rain for 5 to 6 hours afterwards so basically I'm stuffed :rolleyes:

Get Archie to pee on it Marian, the paving slabs on the corner of our path were half under the hedge until we cut them back but this meant that the slabs were covered in both green and black very slippery mold. I intended to get out there and put stuff on it and clean it off but Nog had other ideas, normally he's a squatter but he decided for some unknown reason to pee up the hedge, I've never seen any commercial product work as fast as his pee :laughingsmiley: it literally dissolved a path right through to the pink slabs underneath and then the effects kinda spread out so within a few moments over half the slab was free of mold. Typically I can't get the sod to pee there again to do the other half! LOL

• Like 1

aww thanks, i think my pup is the devil, no wee's out doors today, we have been trying a lot and i have put a pee pad outside that she has wee'd on so her smell is there

Jazz, that is really nice of you and hopefully if we find that laney does settle down with other dogs then we could perhaps look at that in the future..... i would love another wonky old staffy

i was told today that a lady by me is having to have her staffy PTS tomorrow..... i really love that dog

called my consultant to see if he had done my referral...yep, rang the urologist to see how long the wait is............... booking for february!!!!!!! if i see a female urologist which his secretary has suggested i could be seen 30 december....i hope the urologist agrees

Hammie piccies please.

Hope water infections disappear.

Hope owl is ok xxx

Hope the poopie learns to pee outside soon.

Ooo new lappie is exciting, very good for putting it away till Christmas!

We are off to France. I want to be home snuggled sorting out home stuff! I am a home girl really who likes bits of travel.

xxx

Edited by murtle

I am ok and getting back to full strength, thank you murtle.

Welcome new pup and new hammy.

I am no good at feuds. I made the first move to awkward neighbour and explained I had a builder coming to look at moving the pod. She was weeding on her front garden and looking so wretched, I could not bear it. Pod is in breach of planning regs anyway, I would have to move it as too near boundaries for a temp building just over 2 1/2 metres. Apparently this lady and her husband were so distraught at what I had done that they had been in a right state and were thinking of selling up and moving. I was somewhat hacked off at getting a lecture on how inconsiderate and hurtful I had been in not discussing more in detail what I was doing, in view of their long friendship and shared history with my mum. Then she went on to say she could not see why I don't want to sleep in the house while Wispa can have the garage with a heater. She just can't see why I need a space that is ours alone, even if it is a tiny one. I was quietly fuming because anything within our house is not hers to decide, but zipped the lip and thought I would sort that out at a later date when I was not fuming. OK so I am a wimp, but feuds poison the soul, and I feel rather sorry for someone who gets into such a state over something like that.

Edited by owl

I couldn't wait so am on new laptop :rolleyes: 'Tis nice not to have to copy and paste the 'e' all the time. Windows 8 takes some getting used to - can't figure out now to do nuffink at the mo but am sure once I get into it I will like it. Am loving the touchscreen though, but forgetting that I can use it.

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 1

You are right, Feuds are very draining owl, and it also sounds like she has issues wholly unrelated to you and your pod. Seems like you are in the wrong place and a suitable target. Hope the builder can do something suitable, easy and cheap. xxx

Well done for trying Alex!!

We are stopped in a motorway hotel for the night. Makes the trip much easier for us!

Bon nuit

xxx

Bad day at work yesterday - all down to one person who was being an a****** and telling me I was wrong about something. Then he had to apologise afterwards because I was right and he was wrong.

BTW Moaning :tired:

This Windows 8 is doing my head in but think I'll get there in the end. Nice to have the option of a touchscreen though.

Fingers crossed for today - I have to get a contract signed off by our Chief Exec and Operations Director. Not the easiest thing in the world, especially when the contract value is over half a mil.

Edited by merledogs

Owl, so sorry you are having ongoing problems with your neighbour over your pod. I would have thought that any right minded person could understand the need of a few square feet that you could call your own. Surely she must see that you are there to care for your Mum. Maybe you need to tell her about the 2 a.m. sleep walking episodes and then she might understand more fully how bad your Mum has become. She may not realise quite how dependant your Mum is on your help. We all need a safety net and yours is just a few feet to call your own.

Oh they want me there right enough, but not in a way that changes anything. And if this lady had this important friendship with my mum for so long, why has she not popped in to visit her in the past 3 years? I just have to remember that as murtle has said, she has issues not related to us.