UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dingle Dangles

merledogs

Jazz, is that the chap who is on the telly quite a bit? the one who had a great dane and went on GMTV and that andrew castle bloke was a bit of a t*sser with him?

Loobie... wouldn't blame you for wanting to move to sri lanka, it is a beautiful place so i am told

Bl**dy hell Gooster that time has flown by!!!!

Right, deagan was renamed regan but the vets receptionist was unimpressed that it didn't start with a D so with out further ado please welcome Dakota

WP_20131216_005_zps8d4027eb.jpg

WP_20131216_007_zpsc61de8c7.jpg

sorry they are a bit blurry and not very good but it is a new phone and the button is on the right handside and i am left handed Lol

we have had quite a peaceful morning so far, she is now insured, vaccinated, wormed...will be flea'd this afternoon and microchipped at second vaccination

all the staff loved her and my vet came out of doing his pre surgery rounds to come and meet her

Even with blurry photos I can see Dakota is a beautiful ikkle pup :wub: Griff it took us about 3 weeks to name Archie. He spent one week being called Dennis and another week of being Bertie then a week of babby, pup pups, tinkle, ow-you-little-sod and no-don't-do-that and then finally - Archie :)

I've just spent a few hours with some old friends and we got nicely caught up :)

well think of us lot when you are sunning yourself and we all have the post xmas blues and are freezing our bits off!

Lol beautiful....dakota has been called lots of other thing this morning Lol, i am sure she must think her name is No haha

i am trying to get her to pee and poo outside but it doesn't matter how long i spend out there she won't go and within 2 minutes of being inside she pee's/poo's on the carpet she is still a baby though, i really must try to find my how to train a puppy book, it is nearly 9 years since i have done it but she has learnt sit and stay in 1 day!

She is ikkle isn't she? She looks well settled there.

I expect she has not had any training so far so it will all be new to her. Sometimes it takes a little while until puppies feel safe to toilet outside. I'm sure she'll catch on quickly.

One of my pups answered to 'uh,uh' as she heard it so often.

i think she is happy in the garden as she spends most of her time killing leaves and running like the bl**dy wind Lol, i have had to resort to taking her on the lead, she has been out when both dogs do their business but nothing, i may stick a rag in her pee next time she wee's on the carpet and pop that outside so she has her scent outside. i don't mind too much as she has only been her 2 days and is a baby, we have pee pads down that allege they are scented but i don't think so!

i think she is happy in the garden as she spends most of her time killing leaves and running like the bl**dy wind Lol, i have had to resort to taking her on the lead, she has been out when both dogs do their business but nothing, i may stick a rag in her pee next time she wee's on the carpet and pop that outside so she has her scent outside. i don't mind too much as she has only been her 2 days and is a baby, we have pee pads down that allege they are scented but i don't think so

It is not so much about being afraid in the garden as leaving her scent there for another animal to find.

remember to clean it up with an odour neutraliser or biological washing powder.

Take her out on the lead and stand still looking bored or inspect the ground carefully- anything but look at her. Let her sniff around in circles but not wander about as she will get too interested in things to go.

When she does go praise her and use a cue word such as 'busy' as once she knows it it means she will go when you use the word. Give her the praise and a tasty treat where she goes so she associates it with toileting. Some bitches prefer to go to the same place each time.

With my pups when they started to go inside I interupted them by saying 'uh. uh' and gently but quickly scooped them up and too them outside saying 'outside' as I go. I then put them down and hung about to see if they would finish. If I have been quick enough they usually did and then i could praise and treat as above.

If I found a puddle then it was my fault for not be attentive enough. I would not say anything to the pup , just clean it up.

I don't like paper or pads indoors as I think it confuses and you still have to train them to go outside so double work.

A friend ended up having to take newspaper out on walks and put it down for her dog to go.

I bet she is keeping you amused.

Edited by blackmagic

she has had a wee........Outside!!!! i have had all 3 on my own this afternoon and it was o.k, this evening diez has told her off a couple of times and well laney hmmmmm i am a bit bothered by him, if she runs about he chases her and she rolls over and he sniffs her bits, he won't let her run round at all and when he has had her on her back he has put his mouth round her neck.... he hasn't bitten her or anything and he has woofed at her a couple of times but i don't know if that is normal or because of his "issues"

Blackmagic i agree i'm not too keen on the pads myself

i am knackered!!!

• Like 1

I can't believe there is only a couple of weeks of 2013 left!!

Took another sample into the gp today - apparently the infection is still there, so the nurse has sent it off to be analysed :unsure: She hasn't given me any more antibiotics though, so I hope it is nearly gone :unsure:

Lovely pup, and hurrah for the outside wee. I have a new arrival too, rather smaller though :D . We wandered round a pet shop at the weekend and I was captivated by a little Syrian hamster, black banded...never seen one before. (The colour, not a hamster!) Anyway, I may have mentioned it a few times, and said what a shame we got rid of our old hamster cage ages ago. Yesterday afternoon, OH came in, dumped his bag then went back out to the car and came back clutching a new cage with all the necessary bits and bobs, and a double box containing....the hamster! After some consideration we've called him Beau..or Bo...either Beau Brummel or Bo Diddley, but whichever spelling it sounds the same. He's very smart in his black coat with a white band round his middle, and (whisper...a bit on the portly side.) I've been out to get some stuff he can exercise and climb on, and have picked him up a couple of times with no sign of him trying to bite. Next step will be convincing Dylan that he isnt an early xmas snack.

• Like 1

Oh how lovely Suzeanna. Welcome little Beau or Bo - a lovely name for a wee hamster :) Can we get photos?

It's a lovely day here so taking advantage I have tried to get the worst of the crud of the paving stones in the garden. I have some Patio Magic stuff to put on to give it a really good clean but I can't put it on a wet surface and I've just scrubbed it all with hot water and washing up liquid. Also I would have to exclude Archie and be confident it won't rain for 5 to 6 hours afterwards so basically I'm stuffed :rolleyes: