UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dingle Dangles

merledogs

Well said Snow with regard to the planning process and the pod.

I often follow the LDPB (Lake District Planning Board) planning process, which is much more rigorous because we are in a national park, and see that neighbours objections are frequently discounted. An example of this comes from my own family experience. My aunt had a fabulous view from her kitchen window and then the house next door was sold. The new owners put in for planning permission to demolish it (it was a wreck and would have needed extensive renovation) and build another much larger house in its place. When my aunt saw the plans she realised that not only was she going to lose her view and be left looking at a blank wall but the new house would be coming right up to the dividing fence which she felt was detrimental for a number of reasons: loss of privacy, loss of light etc.. She therefore sent in an objection but, although the planning committee members stated they were sympathetic to her objection, nonetheless the improvement to the site and gardens that the new owners were going to be making outweighed her objection and planning permission was granted. Unlike Mrs Nasty-Cow she didn't fall out with the new neighbours over it and in fact they have become great friends - even though she still misses her old view.

You never know, despite Mrs Nasty-Cow holding a prominent position with the council, she may have pissed off other council employees and they will be glad to shove it to her by ensuring your pod stays put. Also, going to the opposite end of the argument, as a public servant she should not be getting preferential treatment.

I hope you feel better soon Owl :GroupHug:

Alex have you had a nice hot bath to help the aches?

Hope everything goes ok Owl :flowers:

I got a text message at 8.30 this morning asking if I was free to cover in Ashton. As it's only 15 mins from home and a short day (10-4), I figured I might as well, especially since I am not working till Friday! Only a super short lunch break though - 20 mins! Just about had time to run to Costa and get a hot chocolate and a snack :)

Marion I haven't had one yet but will do so once they stop faffing and finish the ruddy job.

They are still faffing. Ran out of guttering so one has gone to B&Q. Once they have finished putting the guttering up, there is still a bit of fascia above my patio doors to do, the bay roof to felt over and some finishing off to do. Gonna be dark soon and I don't want them having to come back another day to do it.

I just had an email from the president of the International Monetary Fund advising me that they are giving me £3.5 million pounds :confused:

That must be because I never emailed back to claim it ! in my defence I was too busy talking to the widow of a dictator who needed me to help her move her late husbands fortune from Nigeria to my bank account :D

• Like 3

It's now been a week since Nog last vomited, he's been back on his previcox for 4 days, and we have slowly added back his usual dry chappie dog food to the chicken & cottage cheese, I started leaving a handful of dry food down at night as he's got a habit of getting himself a late supper just before bed which he had stopped doing when he went off colour. Pleased to report that the past 3 nights he's gone and got himself his late night snack, as well as helping himself to dry food after he's eaten the chicken stuff I put down for him so he's clearly got his appetite back, additionally he is now playing with toys and spending more time with us rather than spending his time asleep in my bed, his coat is looking a lot better and we have sausage shaped poo as opposed to cow pats, over all he's a whole lot brighter and I appear to have my dog back :cheer:

• Like 1