UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Flippin' Faffing

merledogs

well that was a surprise!!! the rice turned out o.k.... well not o.k........ brilliant! it was just like the sticky rice that the local chinese takeaway give us, my dad is going to be so chuffed as he has been trying to figure out for years how they do it Lol, that is twice i have cooked something and it has been edible!

Jazz, is that twice you've been let down now?? can you not state you need your spare room as some times you may need extra help/overnight care?

• Like 2

im entitled to one spare room, but I have a 3 bedroomed, so need to go down to a 2

they sent me a letter saying I can bid ... on a 1 bedroomed place! back on the phone, so at last they are going to send a medical form. ive spoken to this same woman, each time ive said can I have one, think she got the message today lol

Glad your food was good Griff - mine smells amazing, just waiting on the rice to cook now :)

Had a text from my dad before, he said that Ted had just legged it upstairs the fastest he has for a long while :) Dad thinks it is the steroids working, I want to deserve judgement for a few days. Knowing Ted, he was probably jet propelled up there by his little windy bottom :laugh: :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Fingers crossed the meds are helping Jayne

Now wondering where all these battlefields are. I'm going up to my beloved Scotland for a hols soon with any luck. We have had a strange haunted experience while up there (not to do with fighting). Was a bit nerve racking in the dead of night, middle of countryside pitch blackness lol

Bless Archie and his tinfoil lol

Hope you get to see something you fall in love with Jazz

Whereabouts in Scotland are you going Michelle? It's still my dream to move back there. I know it can't happen for a good few years for various reasons but I'm not giving up on it and will make do with a couple of visits a year for now.

Uhm yup...but am now waiting for a bus to take me to work!

At current work place they don't allow contractors to park on site due to lack of spaces so you have to park in the business park and catch one of their buses in. These are well serviced with one every 15 minutes...so how come every day I manage to get there just as one departs giving me 15 minutes to wait to the next one!!

However, work all though not challenging is still going well...and I can wear jeans into the office :-)

xxx

im entitled to one spare room, but I have a 3 bedroomed, so need to go down to a 2

they sent me a letter saying I can bid ... on a 1 bedroomed place! back on the phone, so at last they are going to send a medical form. ive spoken to this same woman, each time ive said can I have one, think she got the message today lol

you would think as you have something really valuable in a 3 bed that the council would really want to help you downsize and help you find a suitable 1 or 2 bed wouldn't you

hope you find something soon

Morning

Glad Ted seems to be doing a bit better.

My mum has gotten fed up with her vets and taken Toby cat to see my vet instead. Old vet just said lets wait and see what happens, despite him being obvisouly not right :( They've done no blood tests or anything - just given him metacam. It looks like he's suddenly become blind, which is why he is so reluctant to move. He went to my vet this morning, and they've kept him in to do blood tests and a couple of other things, to try and get to the bottom of it. His kidney values were raised when they were tested in November, which means he shouldn't have been on metacam in the first place. It's really frustrating - the old vet is the one I used to use, and they took the same wait and see approach when Marmite got ill. By the time we switched vet (due to house move), she was too ill to help :( Fingers crossed the tests show something and Toby is going to be ok. I don't think mum's going to be going back to the old vet any time soon.

Hope the new vet helps!

Great about the boiler man, it:s too cold for no heating.

Eve,I have been awake since 4.45 when the alarm went off and up since 8 but the comp room is very cold...window open to let workmen plug in extension lead so using my phone to log on.

Jog on the spot Murtle or belly dance to keep warm!

Oh Sophie, sorry to hear Toby cat still isn't right, sending good thoughts for him today and hope the vet can do something to sort him out

Jacobean, have a nice time when you head of to scotland and glad the tablets seem to b helping

Jazz, i hope you can get something sorted out with your housing

Gooster glad ted seems to feeling better

Murtle, hope you haven't got too cold waiting for the next bus

my aunty has just been, picked up my karcher window vac to try before she buys one and to pick up the headstone brochure to try and see if we can decide which headstone to go for. going back to the vet with laney today... think he is going to say he needs him in...oh joy!!!!

How'd Laney get on at the vet?

Toby has a diagnosis - high blood pressure. They're starting him on meds right away, and once he's a bit better can decide about further investigations to see if there is an underlying cause or whether it is idiopathic. Can't believe the other vets didn't pick up on it - his blood pressure was on the very high level of normal when it was tested in July, and one of the most common signs of high b.p. is sudden blindness and dilated pupils, which is exactly what Toby's had for the last few weeks. Grrrr :mad: At least we now have a diagnosis, and a plan of action.

Agility training tonight - Logan and Kia's turn. Need to stop somewhere and get some sausages on my way home, as I have no treats to use. Logan will work for his ball, but I don't fancy my chances asking Kia to do anything without copious amounts of tasty food.