UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Flippin' Faffing

merledogs

Not sure what's going on but hope you get a good outcome Jazz.

Scary stuff Whizzie. Glad you're all ok

Amy cakes lol. Now you've had it

Hope Oh's migraine is gone or nearly Suzeanna. They're so debilitating

Sorry you've hurt your shoulder Loobie and hope it's better very soon

Fingers crossed for Laney's claw

Good luck with the de-cluttering. I've been having big sort outs since Christmas. It would seem it was so I could add a load of my dad's things instead cos we had a phone call from stepmother yesterday asking us to come get his stuff. How lovely.

I got on really well with the lady who was running it but 2 of the directors accused her of theft, had her arrested, but it was all cleared, no evidence. the lady resigned

so the nasty people have taken over. because they cant get at her, they are taking it out on me, who has joined another forum shes on

ive had the 'heavies' at the door, so waiting to see whats next

Rob & I love University challenge, back last year when Rob was staying with his mum during the week as he was working here and we had yet to move he tried to watch it at his mums but her dog Sal went ballistic every time the bell or buzzer went off on screen, she was very distressed by it and they ended up not being able to watch it at all. Now Robs mum never used to watch it so we don't know why Sal would have reacted like that as she doesn't react that way to doorbells or door buzzers - she barks at them and at the phone *eye roll* but not the pawing panting anxious stuff that happened over the ones on UC. Fast forward to last week, at the moment Sals staying with us as mil isnt well and cant walk her, we'd forgotten about the UC thing so as is our habit we put it on and once again as the bell or buzzer rang Sal got upset, we tried everything to try and calm her, sitting on the floor with treats etc. holding her and talking calmly but in the end had to give up watching it as she was getting more and more wound up. So last night was UC night again, we ummed and ahhed and decided to give it another go Rob and Sal were out in the kitchen and he shouted through for me to let the opening intros play through and then pause it until he came in ready to watch so I let the opening music play - as soon as the music started Sal literally flew in from the kitchen, pawed at my leg and arm and started panting open mouthed in obvious distress - and that was just to the title music not the bell or buzzer! So we didn't even bother trying to watch it as she was so upset - her heart was pounding like mad and she ended up climbing into my lap and desperately needing hugs and reassurance, just from the opening music it took her a good 20 mins or so to calm down. What astonished me most was that it was the music she recognised and reacted to instantly not the bells or buzzer sounds.

Sending positive thoughts for Ted's visit to the vet today :GroupHug:

I woke up to find some snow had fallen overnight. There is a jolly cold wind out there that chills to the bone. I have topped up the bird seed, suet and meal worms. The birds are making a right mess around their feeding station as they toss stuff around with gay abandon :rolleyes:

Has anyone been following the finding of Richard III's remains? I am fascinated by it all.

Snow how strange Sal's reactions are to U.C!

Jazz I am thinking of you and uncle Albert.

good luck Ted

Owl, hope you have enough supplies to keep you going and you and wispa are soon not snowed in

awwww poor sal.... how very strange, is she a rescue and it could relate to her past??

Jazz, hope you can sort something out and good luck with the house viewing

Suzeanna, i vote you head back to bed for a couple of hours

just seen my neighbour, she hasn't been well and had moved my bin all the way down the drive as one of the idiots round here keeps blocking access for the bin crew... he has been told repeatedly about it but doesn't care, she had to warn him the other week that he was on our private driveway and he should ask permission..... a few days alter he was back doing the same again..... i have announced very loudly this morning if i catch him i will break his legs! he is so inconsiderate and just thinks he can do what he likes.... well he has met his match!

Yeah she is a rescue but mil has had her about 8 or 9 years now she was about a year old when mum got her I've been wracking my brains to try and figure out what might have triggered it, as an experiment I went on you tube and found a clip with lots of quiz show clips, music and bells/buzzers - absolutely no reaction from Sal until I played just 10 seconds of the UC title music then she once again flew in here from the lounge and pawed my leg madly, so I immediately turned it off and distracted her.

Good luck for Ted at the vets. Hope it's something easily diagnosed and he's soon on the mend.

More :GroupHug: for Jazz. Fingers crossed the bullies - cos that's what they are - leave you in peace. Wishing you luck with the exchange viewing.

Snow - Kai is the same when live football's on the TV. He can't bear to be in the room when it's on. We worked out it started when OH and stepson, both mad Spurs fans, were watching a Spurs v Arsenal match and Adam (stepson) was yelling at the ref and cheering madly when Spurs scored. He doesn't seem to bother if it's on the radio, just the TV, but as soon as the ref's whistle blows for kick off, Kai's off! Wonder if Sal picked up some vibe from Rob when he was watching UC that worried her?

Icy cold here too and we've just had a hailstorm. The birds in our garden are really messy too Marian. Looks like the blue tits are feeding the chaffinches - the bluetits chuck all the stuff out of the feeders and the chaffinches hop around underneath pecking away at the 'windfall'. I've never seen so many varieties of birds in one place since we started putting out lots of feeders. We have blue tits, great tits, crested tits, coal tits, nuthatches, chaffinches, gold finches and even a great spotted woodpecker, as well as the usual sparrows and blackbirds.

i would guess that it is something from her past Snow, wouldn't it be great if they could just tell us what had happened? you will have to watch UC on mute with subtitles!!!

i think we were forecast snow today but we have glorious sunshine...granted it is a bit nippy out but the sun is streaming through the window (it could honestly pass for summer)

Thanks for the positive thoughts for Ted, he is 9 in a couple of weeks, so he's not really 'old'. I just don't think of things going wrong with him yet as in my mind he's still a puppy :(

We have snow here, it's weird though as when I came out of the gym there was a snow storm. Drove a couple of miles home and there it is bright sunshine :unsure: Still plenty of the white stuff on the ground, but no fresh stuff falling :)

Very odd Snow...our lucher Dylan has one thing that freaks him out..equally odd...if I pick up my glasses case and he's sitting next to me, he jumps off the settee and rushes over and sits on the other one. If I put my glasses on out of the room he takes no notice, so it's not the glasses that do it.

Snowed hard here earlier, but blue sky now. Unfortunately it was enough to make them cancel my fascia fitting for today, hope it's better tomorrow.

do you have a glasses case? thats a loud snap when that shuts, scares mine

mine got used to me watching strictly, and sitting back to watch it, so they got a cuddle on my lap. the first bar of music and they were both there waiting lol

the lady has changed her mind for todays viewing. I dont mind in a sense, as the road is really busy at rush hour near there