UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Flippin' Faffing

merledogs

Sorry you had problems Whizzie. It could be worth finding out who owns the land and mentioning it to them. The owner of the horses may be unaware that they behave like that. If it happens again, try and make yourself as big as possible, flap your arms and shout 'get back'. Usually that will stop them for long enough to get out of there.

I have ordered my new sofa :biggrin: :biggrin:

• Like 1

OOOO loobie, that sounds awful! hope you feel better soon

Gooster i like the sofa

Whizzie, if you can find out who the owner is then tell them of the behaviour like gooster says, if they can't fence the horses off then at least a sign warning people would be helpful... you can then make a decision at your own risk to enter, one of the fields by us had a stallion in it and they had a great big sign on it warning you it was a stallion and you enter at your own risk (he was always lovely with me...well apart from biting my finger and breaking it Lol) with regard the numpty who has mucked you about with the booking, try not to let one eejit put you off

Merledogs, sorry to hear kinky cat isn't healing so fast but i am pleased to hear she definitely knows where home is

Jacobean, i am glad your dad has realized what your step mother is like, hopefully he can put this all behind him now

Hope you feel better soon Loobie.

New sofa - lovely. I am pondering a new suite for us in the not too distant future. Current one is definitely tatty & under the throw one cushion has a tear in it! Need to sell some holidays first!

Thank you for hints re horses. When the one wandered close to us it didn't seem aggressive but I'm less sure about the sudden thunder of hooves once we were past & they really were right on my heels. I really wasn't expecting that and have never experienced a horse breathing down my neck before! Having tied 3 dogs up a few metres away I did do some flapping & shooing trying to get them away so that poor Charlie Girl could get through & join the rest of us but the horses were pretty resistant and quite snorty! I won't be going back that way anytime soon!

Jazz, that is terrible...... did they give you a good reason as for why you are suitable to foster and not to adopt?? if they take him back i would tell them to shove their fostering up their a*se! there are heaps of rescues who would rip your arm off to foster for them.

HLGS euuuuuggggghhhhh hope your ringworm clears up soon and the you never get scabies Lol, one of the lads at work had that poor thing got given a very hard time

Jazz that sounds terrible, did they just turn up without notice. How can you have been fine to foster before & then suddenly you are not?

Sorry to hear you are infested Sam. Will they let you through passport control with passengers? ;) Only joking, I know it's fungal really.

I appear to have ringworm on my ankle ! most of Dogstar's team have had it at one point or another :confused02: anyone who thinks working with animals is glamorous is deluded !

OH has picked up ringworm a couple of times from grovelling around taking wildlife photos. I assume that yours is a more exotic variety though!

the 'kin rescue sent someone to pick albert up!!

kin b*************************s!!!!

no they didnt get him!

Oh no :(

I don't understand why they are happy for you to foster and not to adopt? It's got to be better for an old boy not to be moved again.

Edited by Karen