UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Flippin' Faffing

merledogs

The assessor bloke has been re my insurance claim for new flooring. It's gonna cost £2k, which is over the threshold they are allowed to self approve, so has to go back to the insurance company for approval.

Car is back in today for squeaky clutch, which they were supposed to have fixed week before last but whatever they did made no difference. Something to do with the bushes (whatever they are). Why do they tell you to drop the car off at 8 am if they aren't going to look at it until gone 2pm? I have to go to Bolton later to collect a coffee table which I bought off eBay and I have some errands to run beforehand, so I want the ruddy car!

RMF : Reason I am not posting as much is that I use my tablet quite a lot now and I find I can't post to the Refuge on it for some reason :huh:

do they do an ipb app for your tablet Alex? :flowers:

Hope you get your car back soon :)

Have picked Ted up from the vets - his x rays were normal, so we had 2 options, referral for further tests at the cost of £1k, or try steroids to see if they help. We have decided to go down the steroid route for now.

Journey home from the vets was interesting, it has been really snowing hard this afternoon, but I don't think any gritters have been out, and as this is a hilly area lots of cars were getting stuck and sliding all over the place. My car was fine though, he likes the snow. Not keen on ice, but snow we can cope with :)

Alex is it a squeaky clutch pedal or is it the actual clutch squeaking? if it is the pedal there are some plastic bushes at the top of the pedal.... i used to just lob a load of grease on them, hope you get it sorted and get the car back and get your errands run.

Gooster, think you did the right think trying the steroids first, hopefully they will sort ted out without the need for further tests

just been on the phone to my aunty, the subject of headstones were mentioned and again at least 3 names have been mentioned who can't / won't pay, hopefully there is enough cash in the account to cover it but if not it will come down to my dad and aunty again i really don't think my dads relatives have any shame, the cheapest option is to put back the old headstone but my nan hated it and you can get something quite classy for a few hundred quid more.

we just got a little bit of snow!!!!!!!!

Car is back home. They have usex a different type of oil, a synthetic one, so will see how it goes.

Need to go to Bolton later. I expect the snow will be a lot worse than it was here.

Edit : yay, managed to post. Just cant use the quick reply.

Edited by merledogs

British Gas are here doing my annual boiler service , have someone training so a very senior engineer with him which is very fortunate as they have found some problems including a blown gasket ! Luckily its all covered on my plan and they are arranging for another engineer to attend to get it fixed

meanwhile I am still clearing the house ready for the move , another 8 bags packed ready for charity shops in the morning , huge bag of fabric recycling and more bags of rubbish

63 days to go......

gosh Sam, that will fly by!!!! i am sure the charity shops will be well pleased with your donations, my neighbour does an afternoon in the local scope shop and she is always on the cadge for stuff.... only problem being whilst i know i have too much stuff i am very attached to it Lol. hope they mend you boiler soon

Yay merledogs well done!!! did you have to get an app?? hopefully your squeak will now be solved, squeaks knocks and rattles was one of the jobs i specialized in..... not by choice but as i was the smallest i could be shoved in the tailgate boot footwell etc Lol

snow has gone.... we now have rain!

gosh Sam, that will fly by!!!! i am sure the charity shops will be well pleased with your donations, my neighbour does an afternoon in the local scope shop and she is always on the cadge for stuff.... only problem being whilst i know i have too much stuff i am very attached to it Lol. hope they mend you boiler soon

I have so much stuff I am driving around sharing it out between charity shops ! they are very happy to see me rock up as its all very good stuff and I could have sold it on ebay but I just didn't have the time ! also I have relied a lot on charity shops over the years when cash was tight so I feel its good to be able to pay it back now to them

Whats happening with the house Sam are you selling up or renting it out?

We are renting it out , one of Marks friends is a letting agent who has managed my late fathers flat for many years so we know she is trustworthy. She is very confident she can let it out with in a very short time so we have to get it empty and repainted ( another family friend is doing that )

Morning all

I have read lots and can't remember where I got too...

Hugs to peeps and pets xxx

Jazz hope the house is perfect for you.

I am enjoying this no stress work. It is giving me time to think while earning money which makes a lovely change!!!

We have cold sunshine, those who have snow....please don't share ;-) keep or melt it!!!

Well done on the food shop Alex.

• Like 1