UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Flippin' Faffing

merledogs

Wow that is uber organised Alex with the shopping :cool02:

Today I am having a new boiler fitted - cant wait cause we havent had any hot water since moving in in December (thank goodness for electric showers :)

The painkillers the doctor has put me on are so strong that they are knocking me out for about 4.5hrs at a time, thing is when they wear off the pain is just horrendous

Has anyone been following the finding of Richard III's remains? I am fascinated by it all.

Yes, me :)

I live only a few miles from both Bosworth Battlefield and Leicester, so it's all local news to me.

There's a display opening in Leicester on Friday showing all the stuff they've found, so I may pop along and have a look at that next week (it'll be too busy on the first few days).

• Like 1

I live only a few miles from both Bosworth Battlefield and Leicester, so it's all local news to me.

There's a display opening in Leicester on Friday showing all the stuff they've found, so I may pop along and have a look at that next week (it'll be too busy on the first few days).

Oh lucky you! One of these days I will get down to see it all myself.

I remember that they had also recently found that the battlefield wasn't where they've attributed it all these years.

A few years ago we went to Culloden up in Scotland. What a strange feeling the battlefield had. We neither saw nor heard a bird singing and yet they were all around the immediate area. We had George and Archie with us and neither of them were happy walking around - so much so in fact that we cut our visit short.

Hugs to all suffering at the moment, constant pain is very wearing I know.

Why can nothing be straightforward in this bloody house? The guy turned up this morning and started work removing the fascia boards..the theory was the fascias would be replaced and the soffits overclad. I went to tell him I was just going to walk Rosie and would get him a coffee on my return and found him in, shall we say, not the best of spirits! As he removed the fascias the soffits were just falling off, and as this house is built on steel framework not timbers, that means he's going to have to put timber in place so he can connect the soffit to something. Poor bloke is self employed too, so only gets paid per job, not how long the job takes, and this will add at least a day to it. Now I'm scared the whole blasted roof is going to collapse or something, it would be just our luck. Dylan isn't happy..the noise is disturbing his sleep, he's abandoned the back bedroom and gone downstairs to the settee!

Oh lucky you! One of these days I will get down to see it all myself.

I remember that they had also recently found that the battlefield wasn't where they've attributed it all these years.

Yes, that's right, I'm still not sure exactly where the battlefield is now meant to be, but I had a very odd experience about 10 years ago when driving down the lanes in that area. I could sense people dead & dying in one of the fields, and women & chiildren going amongst the bodies, looking for their loved ones :mecry:. At that time, the whereabouts of the battlefield wasn't even disputed.

If you do come down here, remember to let me know. You're more than welcome to call in for coffee & cake :)

• Like 1

Yay for the new boiler Loobie. Ours is very old and runs on oil so very expensive but I dread it packing up as we just can't afford to replace it just now. Love the tobacco tin - do you collect them? Sorry, I missed why you were in such pain. Hope it's something that eases off soon.

Lucky thing Cindere, I'd love to see those exhibits.

A few years ago we went to Culloden up in Scotland. What a strange feeling the battlefield had. We neither saw nor heard a bird singing and yet they were all around the immediate area. We had George and Archie with us and neither of them were happy walking around - so much so in fact that we cut our visit short.

Totally agree with you Marian. Culloden is the most atmospheric place I've ever been. You can almost feel the presence of those fallen soldiers.

Why can nothing be straightforward in this bloody house? The guy turned up this morning and started work removing the fascia boards..the theory was the fascias would be replaced and the soffits overclad. I went to tell him I was just going to walk Rosie and would get him a coffee on my return and found him in, shall we say, not the best of spirits! As he removed the fascias the soffits were just falling off, and as this house is built on steel framework not timbers, that means he's going to have to put timber in place so he can connect the soffit to something. Poor bloke is self employed too, so only gets paid per job, not how long the job takes, and this will add at least a day to it. Now I'm scared the whole blasted roof is going to collapse or something, it would be just our luck. Dylan isn't happy..the noise is disturbing his sleep, he's abandoned the back bedroom and gone downstairs to the settee!

How annoyng Suzeanna. Our house is the same - one simple job always leads to multiple problems and several other things needing done.

Good luck with the house viewing today Jazz

Eve I keep meaning to tell you but the turkey you sent Archie as part of his SS parcel has been a huge hit. He's called Tinfoil and gets a good mauling every evening when Archie goes daft after our tea. Last night he was delighting in trying to stuff Tinfoil thro the handle of another toy followed by a good 10 minutes of making Tinfoil squeak!

• Like 1

Good luck with the viewing Jazz :flowers:

Hope everyhing goes smoothly now with your house Suzeanna :)

Has your GP referred you for physio Loobie?

Am quite looking forward to getting home tonight, I put a chicken curry in my slow cooker before leaving this morning, so hopefully that should be smelling good when I get back :biggrin:

Loobie, ask for a referral to the "pain clinic" at your local hospital (i think it is actually called the pain management clinic), they can offer different things other than tablets that your gp can't give you... tens machines, steroid injections etc, they also offer stuff like meditation to help you deal with the pain... hope you feel a bit better soon.

Well done on the shopping merledogs.... i did some online shopping he other week with asda but was narked i had to spend £25 before i could check out

Jazz, i hope the house is suitable and you can organize a move soon

Oh dear Suzeanna... your house sounds like ours! i swear it is bloody jinxed Lol

Gooster...today must be the day for currys, i have just made a veg curry in my new pressure cooker gadget thing and i am going to attempt to cook rice.... this could all go horribly wrong... this is what i have

http://www.qvcuk.com/cooks-essential's-2.5L-Digital-Multi-Function-Compact-Pressure.product.801384.html?sc=801384-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-801384

i have the teal one and i love it!

Yantan, Cindere528, eve and Suzeanna, my dad says that the battlefield at Kineton is really creepy and eerie too

Eve I keep meaning to tell you but the turkey you sent Archie as part of his SS parcel has been a huge hit. He's called Tinfoil and gets a good mauling every evening when Archie goes daft after our tea. Last night he was delighting in trying to stuff Tinfoil thro the handle of another toy followed by a good 10 minutes of making Tinfoil squeak!

Tinfoil :unsure: :laugh: Glad he loves it.

sorry my link thingy wouldn't work, if you go to qvcuk.com and look under kitchen and cookers/toasters and look for a digital pressure cooker or search for item number 801384.

i have done the rice.... just scared to look in case it is welded to the pot Lol