UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Flippin' Faffing

merledogs

hmmm I am not a single white female style...but could you share which one and how Alex please?!

We are in need of a new duvet too and that sounds ideal (for the same reason as the new duvet cover set...)

Doh, it was Debenhams not John Lewis :rolleyes: It is this 10.5 tog one murtle. There is also another Silentnight 13.5 Egyptian Cotton one with 70% discount.

This website shows the voucher codes (not just for Debenhams, I've also used other codes off there, like Laura Ashley and the Ocado one today. I just chuck a load of codes in and see which one does the job. The one I used yesterday was either XF76 or YC72 (XF76 I used for the bedding as well). Think those codes expire within the next few days. It's free delivery at the moment as well. Happy shopping :flowers:

Edited by merledogs

Yes Griff, they are coming next Monday to do them. I went to see my GP last Monday about the muscle spasms in my back, and mentioned to him about the low dose aspirin and the link to macular degeneration, he said he hadnt heard that. When I told him I'd rather risk a stroke than go blind, he cheerfully pointed out that you can go blind with a stroke too! I thanked him for that information and he grinned and said that's ok, I aim to please. Didn't know whether to laugh or hit him! That pressure cooker sounds great, last time I used one I ended up with stew on the ceiling :confused:

It was my son in law's mum's funeral today...hope they are all ok.

Just back from the beach where we got somewhat damp in driving rain..... and Jed and China were soaked because she was chasing him and they went into a rock pool - except it was more a swimming pool and they both went underwater.

Got a very strange look from a neighbour's visitor as we got out of the car at home because I had taken their drying off clothes - so explained to him it may look as if I have 5 dogs in hoodies,teeshirts (and in Reg's case a bright green towelling wrap!) but that in the time it took to get home (15 mins) they had gone from soaking to slightly damp and the house would be better off without wet dogs racing around it.

They were happy this morning because another friend called round unexpectedly so they got a treat from her instead.

• Like 1

ooh, noone reminded me to post about the link between asprin and macula degeneration....

My thoughts are as follows - asprin prevents strokes and tends to keep you alive longer, so you are more likely to get macula degeneration the older you are (the old name was age related macula degeneration...), so those patients in the study who were on asprin probably lived longer than those who didn't get macula degeneration who didn't take asprin. Also as asprin is a corrosive (think how it causes stomach ulcers), it may corrode and weaken already weakened retinal vessels, causing bleeds that lead to wet macula degeneration. There is no correlation between dry AMD and asprin, just wet AMD and asprin. In the grand scheme of things, wet AMD is only 10% of all AMD diagnosed, but is responsible for 90% of all blindness caused by AMD. Most people who you will hear of getting AMD will have the dry type, for which you can do nothing about really. My advice to prevent AMD is to stop smoking and eat lots of green leafy vegetables - spinich, curly kale etc are all full of luetin which all help prevent AMD :)

Feeling a bit more rested, away tomorrow and back Sun. Thanks for asking about mum, she is still in a dozy dream but seems happy. Hope we can get her alert enough for opthalmologist in 3 weeks time. He may find her hard work! She has the macular degeneration which people have been discussing but last time the consultant said it was stable at present. Auntie on the other hand is mentally alert but physically getting weaker at an alarming rate and feeling more tired every day. No one can do anything, it's a combination of several conditions and she is 85.

THank you Alex x

Sorry to hear that Owl, age can be so cruel.

I have had a productive day so far as work goes, it's strange so far as I don't feel like I need to challenge myself too much which is giving me time to work and contemplate what I want to do work wise.

Moaning : tired:

Glad to see it's getting lighter in the mornings.

Max has been vomiting intermittently for a couple of weeks. He'll vomit one day and then go for two or three days without vomiting. Yesterday he was sick three times and this morning he's just vomited and is groaning :( Highly unusual for Max to let you know he's ill so I am going to get him some Gaviscon to settle his tummy but I'll take him to the vet if it persists.