UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jimmy Jammering

merledogs

Arternoon

Martyn has taken this afternoon off to spend it with me and is currently fast asleep in an armchair lol

Lovely to see you back Sophie and looking forward to seeing pics

Cindere pleased extension finished and you're happy with it

Lovely to see doglets going potty in the snow. It does make some go giddy lol

well the buses have been cancelled so my mum is stuck in the city centre..... hopefully she will be able to hail a taxi and get home if not she will have to wait it out in town, it is odd as the weather was worse this morning yet they ran the buses and got everyone into work and now none of them can get home..... i have ventured as far as the back garden..aren't i brave Lol. i have really enjoyed seeing the snow and i hope we get a proper summer like i used to get when i was a kid in the summer holidays.

Glad martyn is enjoying his afternoon off!!!!

my brother emailed yesterday from iceland and said it was warmer there than in the uk Lol... hope he can fly back in o.k

We have snow...not tempted to go back out in it yet! They were right it started mid morning and has just for deeper and deeper!!

I really want to live in a house where OH and I can be a little less on top of each other. He likes noise, I like quiet...argh......

I think the difference between snow here and snow in countries like Canada and Norway etc. is that there they can pretty much count on having snow every winter and so they spend the money on the infrastructure to deal with it, whereas here we haven't got a ruddy clue what the weather might be like next winter or summer hence we get caught out with floods and snow. The other thing that makes it different is that our atmosphere here is much wetter - not explaining this well am I LOL but anyway Derek the weatherman said it as did some arctic explorer guy, our snow is wetter so that makes conditions much more slippery.

Correction: apparently its that theres more moisture in our atmosphere not that our snow is wetter as such, but the moisture in the air means our snow stays wet or summat lol

Griff - hope you're mum makes it home ok. My OH came home at lunchtime in fear he wouldn't make it home if he'd left it much longer. He didn't fancy the 3 mile walk home for some reason :jealous:

Today I have rediscovered spotify - have listened to lots of music I haven't heard for ages.

I do agree with you Snow, and in addition when we went to Vancouver and it snowed a train got stuck over the water as the track iced over and the buses got stuck and blocked the roads! The snow was similar to what we have here today, and was the last day of our holiday. We left pronto for the airport! Luckily that was still running although also delayed. We watched them spray de-icer on the planes and then they had to be given clearance quickly as it has a lifespan of use before it needs to be done again!

Rural France where the in-laws live the have a nice local with a tractor who towed OH's car up the hill this time last yer due to the snow, so not that dissimilar...but MIL has lots of food in as there are no local shops so knows she could get stuck do a few days / week!

Not everywhere copes so well with it, but I think in areas who are used to snow they are more prepared for it and don't always feel the need to go to the office or out shopping.

• Like 1

awwwwwww what a beautiful photo!!!!

my mum made it home eventually, the buses were not reinstated at all and after a 45 minute wait she managed to get a taxi...... she was not amused!

i do think in this country we should be a bit better at things as it is quite a regular occurrence now

those who haven't got snow yet...... i am sure it will arrive soon!!!

permission needed to scream :angry:

Last night it was my uncle's birthday gathering, and I elected not to go as I was going to ride Blue. However the arena was frozen, so I went to the gym instead. I then get an arsey message from my mum yelling at be for going to the gym. Then she posted on my FB wall asking why I went to the gym. Now I have just got a message on FB telling me that she is taking Ted to the vets next Friday for x rays on his back end as his legs have been a bit wobbly recently. That in itself is fine, but she is taking him when I am away on holiday, so now I will spend all holiday worrying about him :mecry: :angry: He has been limping this week as 2 nails on his back paws were cut to the quick by his groomer, so they have been sore for him when he has been walked (I had to carry him around on his walk on Tuesday as they were bleeding). Am sure that is what the problem is at the moment, but why did she have to book him in when I am away??!!