UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jimmy Jammering

merledogs

Hiya Sophie and hello again cindere528 :-)

Jazz don't go doing too much!!

Suzeanna, hope you feel better soon

Jacobean glad you have been granted your licence thing

Gooster how many days to Egypt????

the dogs have gone wild in the snow this morning..... diez is 12 and has been leaping round like a very mad thing...... she will pay for it later but didn't have the heart to stop her

Hi Sophie - I need to know more about your Podenco! I love 'em :)

I was also wondering how your extension was going Cindere.

Good old Diez proving that the old adage "there is life in the old dog yet" is true:) Our old Parson Jack Russell, Kim, always took on a new lease of life when there was snow about. Even though toward the end she was very stiff with arthritis I remember her wriggling on her back in the snow and singing her delight - she then got up and had a mad run round which we didn't think she was still able to do.

There's no snow here and not much forecast :( The higher fells do have a covering on their tops though which looks lovely :)

Why do so many schools close every time there is a threat of snow? When I was at school it was open no matter what and I can remember trekking through thick snow to get to it on some occasions. Teachers would leave their cars at home and walk, often several miles, to get in. I also remember my friend's dad taking his tractor round remoter homes to pick up kids to get them to the main road where they could catch the bus. On one occasion when it was REALLY bad snow, to much hilarity from the rest of us, he drove his tractor with a trailer full of children a good number of miles to deliver them safely to school. No doubt the health and safety police would say that that was not allowed now. Eye roll.

• Like 1

totally agree Yantan, the schools do seem to shut too easily nowadays... i can remember going to school with snow and then it began snowing again and the school said right we are closing, those who can get a lift go, those on school buses will be at least an hour and you could well get snowed in at school or you can leave now and walk home..... i left and walked home, got soaked to the skin and was bl**dy freezing but we had a right laugh, seems that parents keep their kids off for the slightes thing nowadays too... we had to be literally dying to get a day off

oooooooooo gooster that has gone really quickly you will soon be in the luffly hot sun!!

Lol i have just noticed the title added to my avatar LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

We've got a fair amount of snow. Just took the dogs for a run down the field. Logan kept losing his ball in the snow, and Kia actually had a run around and didn't just stand still shivering and looking miserable.

I grew up in Canada, in the middle of the prairies. Schools never closed due to snow or cold weather. I have clear memories of one time when mum insisted we go to school despite the fact that there was a massive blizzard. Only about 10 kids and 2 teachers showed up, and we got to spend the day in the library and computer rooms playing games and reading. It was fun! I was back in Edmonton for a week at the beginning of December - there was snow (lots of it), but life goes on as normal. Everyone takes care driving, and everything is better prepared to cope with snow. I chickened out today and am working from home - didn't fancy getting stuck at work for the weekend.

Eek, snow not that deep but car in front of me did a spin in country lane, main road very slow & a mini stuck at bottom of hill into our village. I'm home & have walked the dogs - deer everywhere just sitting in the snow in the middle of the fields, so a couple of those nervewracking chase moments as dogs disappear over brow of hill but then thankfully return. Road seems better than it was tho snow still fallling so hoping hubbie will get home safe when he finishes at 4.

Snow in Pembs has brought power line down. Power surge on return has damaged power boards at my friends house so hoping WagTails is okay. 2 powercuts in as many weeks - last one turned out to be a lorry crashing & bringing lines down

Morning :wavey:

I've decided to de-lurk. Its been a while, but I started lurking again a little while ago. Looked at my profile yesterday, and realised I haven't posted anything since we lost Sophie and Sky nearly 2 years ago. Which means I'll need to sort out an introduction of Kia, our podenco girlie.

Hope everyone is doing well, and will try to contribute regularly.

Hello Sophie lovely to see you

There is no snow here , just 32 degree sunshine

I'll get my coat...........

• Like 1