UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jimmy Jammering

merledogs

Lol @Murtle and eve

Jacobean, good luck with the job hunt..... when you find another make sure you tell your boss that the constant pestering whilst on leave was the straw that broke the camels back!

Lil Angel i hope you can sort your transport run out... i don't drive so can't help i am afraid

Helly, that is the sort of thing i would do and hence don't entertain facebook, (well that and not wanting my past finding me!) hope you didn't offend anyone too deeply!

laney has cut his paw open...oh joy, knew i didn't usually walk him in the snow for a reason! have bathed it in salty water and will have to keep an eye on him.

Hope Laney's paw heals soon. I usually have to put vaseline on Kai's big hairy paws if he's out in the snow else he gets little compacted snow balls stuck between his toes. My big cuddle monster loves being out in the snow - he's been out there running around and roaching in it all afternoon

And remember Jayne, his mates can see your stuff on his wall too...... a vital point I forgot this week when I shared an anti Islamic funny on my wall and then remembered all the OH's friends in Egypt will see it :) :ph34r:

Hello Helly - waves madly!

Eve Georgie Porgie used to have the same trouble as Kai with snowballs between his tootsies. I wish I'd known about the vaseline trick!

i do have pawz boots for him but thought he would be o.k... if we get anymore snow i will deffo be using them!!! there is some lovely cream stuff you get from pets at home called paw wax.... it does the same as vaseline but i must admit i am some what addicted to the smell!!

just done my good deed and loaned out diezs stroller (which she hates) loaned it to a lady whose dog has spinal damage hopefully the dog will like it and they can get back to family works

Griff - I have a tin of paw wax at home that I used to use at flyball for indoor tournaments. You are more than welcome to have it if you want (not sure how much is left in it, but am sure there is a fair amount left).

No confirmation from Mr G yet. he's probably busy at work or something :)

Amy - not sure about short breaks yet other than late availability & possibly very off season. Some of the costs, like cleaning and laundry. are the same regardless of length of stay & it can be hard to match breaks up to make whole weeks. Also WagTails is looked after by my friend who is not necessarily available to clean midweek - she will do a much better job than using an agency I'm sure.There are also other factors with twice weekly turnaround like needing to buy more towels & bedding etc. I'd consider exceptions for friends of course.

Sandra - thank you for the enquiry. I hope you got my reply. I have wouldn't posted it here until you'd mentioned it. I don't mention anyone by name without their agreement

Hope poorly paws mend soon & everyone stays safe in snow/freezing fog etc x

• Like 1

Amy - not sure about short breaks yet other than late availability & possibly very off season. Some of the costs, like cleaning and laundry. are the same regardless of length of stay & it can be hard to match breaks up to make whole weeks. Also WagTails is looked after by my friend who is not necessarily available to clean midweek - she will do a much better job than using an agency I'm sure.There are also other factors with twice weekly turnaround like needing to buy more towels & bedding etc. I'd consider exceptions for friends of course.

Sandra - thank you for the enquiry. I hope you got my reply. I have wouldn't posted it here until you'd mentioned it. I don't mention anyone by name without their agreement

Hope poorly paws mend soon & everyone stays safe in snow/freezing fog etc x

Liz - have you given people the option of bringing their own towels and bedding? A friend of mine who has a cottage in our village that she rents out does that and charges £7 less per week if she doesn't supply those. Your friend would still have to clean but would be one less thing to do/supply. She also only does short breaks out of season or at short notice if she doesn't have a booking for the reasons you state

Edited by eve
  • Like 1

Nice to see you, Helly.

It was worth getting the bed down, we had a nice cosy night by the fire and it was a lot easier to get up this morning. I have taken 2 poundies from Sheffield to Cheshire, my eyes are tired from snowy landscape even though I had shades on. One more to shift tomorrow before the next lot of snow hits, then I think we will be snowed in.

Glad it was worth getting the bed down Owl. Hope you have another snuggly night by the fire. Re getting snowed in - that's one thing about living in France - though we're down a lane that is off the beaten track and no access to vehicles unless you live there, there was a guy from the village council out early this morning with a tractor and snow plough attachment clearing the snow off the lane. Last year when it was really icy he was out with a trailer full of grit making sure everyone could get off their driveways. Never saw that happening in the UK!

:wavey: to Helly. Lovely to see you here again.

Glad you had a lovely warm sleep Owl.

Alex are you ok? I am missing you and your posts.

Hello Helly :-)

Hello everyone and thank you for accepting me Jayne...I loose track of who is who / compared to their user names on here! Some I know, some I get confuzzled about.

love and hugs all!

• Like 1