UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jimmy Jammering

merledogs

Lovely long break Jayne - how many days till Egypt? :biggrin:

4 sleeps - fly out on Wednesday :biggrin: Might start packing tomorrow - usually I pack a couple of weeks before, but as I am going with my dad, we are taking 2 cases so we are packing half of my stuff on one case and half in the other case :)

i had trouble posting too suzeanna i use chrome and did what snow said and it worked!!!

ooooooooooo not long now Gooster, now with charlies claws (i think it was charlie wasn''t it) if you think they are bothering him get some duck tape... thats what i use for diez when she goes lame down to her claws... just make sure you don't trap any of his fur!!!

Edited by griff

That's a good idea Griff - will remember that for the future :flowers:

Spoke to mum and dad about Ted last night and they said the vet did some neurological exams on him that he failed :( I suppose the thing is that if the x rays find something, it's not immediately life threatening :unsure:

Murtle, you have my sympathies - I am feeling delicate this morning and I drank with a full stomach :unsure: Taking it easy on the cross trainer this morning :)

I wish I did have room in my suitcase for all my fab fugee friends :)

It's my aunt's 80th birthday today and she had a little gathering at her home last night of close friends and family who all shared a Chinese banquet.

She absolutely loved the sponsored seed I got her :) The idea came from here so thank you Sam :) Ruby painted her a picture of the glorious view from her sitting room window in acrylics. As she plans to move to a smaller place this year she said that will be a great reminder to her of her old home of 40 odd years. If she can get the place she wants she will have equally glorious views so fingers crossed for that!

My 18 year old niece baked and decorated her birthday cake and not only did it look fantastic it tasted it. My aunt had a fabulous evening.

My aunt's collie dog Joss was looking fantastically well. He was taken from poor conditions where he never got out and was fed inappropriate stuff so he was huge. My aunt got him from a local rescue just a short time after he came in. She's worked hard with him to get his weight down - he's perfect now - and she has introduced him to the outside world and a wealth of new experiences and he's just blossomed. He loves having human interaction so was in his element with all the guests. He delighted in walking up and down under the length of the table to say hello to every guest by gently popping up under the tablecloth to place his head onto their laps.

• Like 3

Sounds great, and how nice that Joss is in top form.

I haven't been posting much as either too much has been going on or I have been resting up. On Friday we went out tracking a missing mini horse in horrible conditions, not one of my lodgers but a different one near Heanor which is 35 miles away. We had to call off the search due to snowstorm, Wispa was up to her belly and exhausted and we couldn't see a thing, but extensive leafleting by the horsey community brought a call from someone in the village yesterday morning who had heard him neighing in the night. By a miracle he had jumped into a garden - with the sleigh he had been pulling still attached - and got wedged between the house wall and a discarded Xmas tree. He was completely sheltered, good thing too as he was clipped off. He survived 2 nights in remarkably good condition. He was in better state than most of the searchers! Wispa and I are still recovering. She was well suited up but I am realising that although she is the picture of health with rippling muscles etc, she doesn't have the limitless stamina in extreme conditions at 6 that she did at 4. I did have 2 very strong young equestrian ladies to take turns at handling her across soggy fields with a load of snow on top of the mud. Even so, one fell over, the other nearly vanished down a badger sett, and I stepped into a snowed-over stream. We were glad that our support vehicle which came to collect us turned out to have heated seats.

Horses don't leave helpful messages like dogs do, and if the prints are snowed over it is really difficult. I'm proud that Wispa took one sniff of his blanket, looked completely gobsmacked, had a think and then proceeded along the route he was seen taking after he bolted.

Edited by owl
  • Like 5

Well done Wispa and Owl. I really enjoy reading about your adventures. I hope you are both feeling nice and rested now.

We are about to partake of a sort of coq au vin type chicken casserole. I say "sort of" because it was made with what was available in the fridge and got a quarter bottle of red wine chucked in that Ruby didn't want to drink. I hope it's tasty.

oh well done Owl and wispa!!!!! rest up and get nice and warm!

Gooster, i hope Teds tests turn out o.k

Yantan, sounds like a great time was had by all and glad Joss enjoyed himself

Jazz, glad the washing machine engineer arrived!

Jacobean, enjoy your last day of freedom

disaster has struck... laney has ripped his claw off his back paw in the snow....he was only in the garden having a wee!!! at what point do i worry and go to a vet?? he did it about 30 minutes ago and there was a lot of blood, i have bathed it in salt water, tried the flour method to get it to clot and then recleaned it when that didn't work then tried a stypic pencil.... it is still bleeding slightly i think (he now won't let me look at it!) the snow is still falling and it will be tricky to get to the vets... do you think he will be o.k overnight? i have given him some metacam

thanks Owl, it has stopped bleeding..... just fed him and then he wanted the toilet so had to pop his boot on (he was not happy!!) but when i took the boot off there was no blood inside, it did look like the texas chainsaw massacre in the living room Lol, he is currently sleeping of his trauma!

i reckon we have had about another 2 inches of snow today