UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jimmy Jammering

merledogs

I am sorry to say that Faith, who had been doing so well, crashed late morning. We rushed her to the vet knowing there was only one option. By the time she was on the table she had gone into organ failure and her veins had collapsed. The vet was very kind and gentle and got her over the bridge as fast as he could. She had been the biggest and strongest and in the end it hit her worst.

The springer x still has hacking cough but is eating ok and seems fairly cheerful in site of it. I took liquorice and manuka honey over for him and the collie girl who has just started to cough.

Thanks for your supportive comments. The lady concerned may have been ill or upset or about something, and it could be that I happened to wander into the firing line.

Oh how sad for the people who were caring for the pups Owl, and you having the unenviable job of taking them to the vet. I hope the springer x and collie soon recover from the kennel cough..did the vet ever discover what was wrong with the pups, was it parvo, or something else? There is an article in the local paper about a dog who was very ill after licking his paws when he'd walked where they had been gritting the roads, you don't suppose it could have been something like that...some sort of poison?

Thought to be parvo, they weren't sure at first. The pups haven't been anywhere outside the quarantined room in the house, and were in cat carriers when going to the vet. I doubt if they went anywhere to pick stuff up on paws before they came to us.