UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jimmy Jammering

merledogs

Hope you managed to get into the woodshed Eve, and I hope you spent a warmer night having wrestled the bed down Owl!

The central heating turned on at 6am and the temperature has reached the giddy heights of....wait for it....59degrees. I think I may need to turn it up. I still remember when I moved into my mother's cottage after her death...very very old place, with a central fireplace in the living room and that was it. I used to be in the kitchen cooking wearing a sheepskin coat and woolly hat, and we had to scrape ice off the inside of the bedroom windows, it was absolutely bone freezingly cold. It wasn't much better when we had a fire going as our dobe planted herself in front of it, and pinched most of the heat.

• Like 1

could you boil a kettle to get into the wood shed?

I will try and bring some warm weather back - however I only have a 15kg luggage allowance, so it may not fit in my case :biggrin:

Told Mr G I won't be at the next 2 Wednesday classes as will be away. He has told me to take loads of photos so he can see - told him I will and put em on Facebook so everyone can see them. Me thinks I need to tidy up my Facebook a bit before adding him as a friend (as he said I can add him) :laugh: Have been restrained and kept most of my Mr G talk to here, as it's a bit more private here :)

• Like 1

Something to cheer you up Amy & Michelle - I've taken a 2 week booking from an Oldies Club Supporter & the deposit has been paid so it's a confirmed one :)

I will pay commissions once I have balance payments if that's okay to cover me against any cancellations.

Sorry I am nowhere near your transport run.

• Like 1

Glad you didn't get stuck on the stairs permanently with the bed Owl!

Eve, glad you defrosted your bolt on your woodshed

Gooster, i agree with the others i think you should fetch back some warmer weather

been to get my blood done and dropped off my sample..... the woman taking my blood was coughing all over me!!!!!!!! i will now wait and see if i get something nasty. it keeps trying to snow here..well it is either snow or freezing mist or something, my bro is off to iceland today (the country not the shop!!) to see the northern lights...apparently he has a good chance of seeing them on friday, i would be really narked if i paid all that money and then didn't see them

that is great news whizzie

Great stuff Whizzie. No problems waiting until you know for sure and have received funds yourself. Thanks very much

Alex are you ok. You're very quiet?

Glad you got the bed down ok in the end Owl. It's easy to get yourself into a whole heap of trouble when you live alone. I got stuck in a room once without a door handle and had to get it open by pulling underneath.

Eve glad you got shed door open. Don't know if a spray with de-icer is a good idea or not.

Griff really hope you don't catch her germs and the results are good.

Those who can't sleep. Have you got a good comfy pillow?

Amy hope lots of people come forward quickly to help with the run and they all miss the snow

Have sent my CV out far and wide and contacted agencies. I've also sent off for my practice licence to book-keeping institute so will be ready to get clients in within days

Thats fab Liz Wagtails is filling up nice and quickly. Once established do you think you will offer short breaks as well?

Ooh I'd love to see the northern lights.

Good luck with CV and book keeping Michelle. Sadly only 1 offer so far for 25min stretch.

Jayne cant wait for the friend request to be accepted as we can have a nosey at him then :laugh: