UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jimmy Jammering

merledogs

I had a sour cherry test tube shot for Xmas - most unusual taste a bit like cherry flavoured cavonia cough syrup have to say I didn't finish it, probably should have just downed it rather than sipping at it lol

Being the tightfisted bargain mad person that I am having had a quote from the travel agents who listed the holiday we're interested in I have been trying to beat it, posted it up on mse and a travel agent from a big chain has emailed me and thinks they can reduce the price once I see what they can do I will then compare that to the doing it myself prices I have been researching for the past 2 days. Last night we played musical chairs with me arranging the dinner table chairs to the smallest seat width and pitch configuration of the possible airlines we'd be flying with as yet again they have gone and reduced the size of the economy class seats, since we cannot afford/don'twant to pay for premium economy (adds an extra £600 to the cost of the holiday) its looking likely Rob and I will have to sit apart on the flight, he needs more leg room and I need the width and you can't have both unless you pay for it ....so we'd be hoping to book him an exit row seat which will give him plenty of leg room but those seats have the tables in the arms of the seats so that reduces the width by a couple of inches so would make it very uncomfortable for me to sit next to him.

Sounds like a complicated business booking a holiday Snow but I'm sure it will be worth it when you finally get that well deserved break. We're trying to book a week in Scotland, somewhere near Glasgow that takes dogs, in late April. We've lost our free digs as my son has selfishly moved in with his girlfriend who has a cat. I think she should board the cat out for a week so we can stay but she's not having it lol.

Lots of "don't be ill" thoughts being sent Laney's way. Hopefully just an off day.

Hope that Laney perks up :GroupHug:

I watched a Michael Portillo program about trains journeys around Switzerland last night and I'm smitten. That's with Switzerland not Mr Portillo! I love trains and the swiss scenery was stunning. I've started googling train holidays now :)

I've had a brainwave - and after having had a sleepless night that's a major miracle in itself! Reading the chat here about typing and reading whilst on, or off, a treadmill the following idea came to me.

What if we could only get on the internet if we provided our own power? A half-hour on a treadmill or exercise bike or cross trainer or anything else of that ilk created the power for a certain amount of internet time. It would not only help reduce the problem of greenhouse gases but turn us into a nation of fit people.

Or does this only seem a great idea because I am basically operating in a fog of tiredness & unable to see very apparent downsides?

Karen I have enjoyed all the Portillo series of train journeys. I think he's turned out as a good presenter in a very Michael Palin way.

As I have a very active imagination I have several possible outcomes for Sam's impending news :laughingsmiley:

• Like 1

AAArrrrggggg I have just spent almost 2 hours cleaning my kitchen after my Tesco delivery. A carton of thick double cream had burst and the delivery guy didn't spot it until he'd carried the crate through into my house, lord knows how but thankfully none dripped onto the hallway carpet, however my kitchen looked like there had been an explosion in a gloss paint factory and there are Spirograph patterns of white greasy cream all over my black kitchen rug!!! Once he spotted it he balanced the crate over my sink, but this just meant the cream ran in rivers all down my cupboard doors of course they are white so I keep spotting dried streaks every time I look up, so I have had to wash the whole lot down. Add to that all the shopping in that crate was covered in cream so had to be washed, just hoping nothing has got water in it now and been spoiled.

I've scrubbed the rug several times and used Mr Muscle carpet cleaner but I can still see where the cream was, and its all along the rug not just one small area, its not a cheap rug either, so I'm not happy. The delivery guy thanked me for not shouting at him and said he'd be reporting it to Tesco so if the rug is damaged theres a record of him having caused the mess. I'm just waiting for the rug to dry and will see if I can still see the marks and if so I'll be ringing them to find out what they intend to do about it.

Morning! Just!! Not much to report today

Michelle - do come & find WagTails on Twitter. I'm also there are WhizzieC but not using that one. I am hoping that Oldies Club will link up, retweet etc so you have as much chance as possible of getting your commission bookings. Who is it who would do this please - Victoria or Angela?

Im following you from my grooming profile @waggytailsgroom . Victoria runs @oldiesclub and is on there herself as @cycas

I watched a Michael Portillo program about trains journeys around Switzerland last night and I'm smitten. That's with Switzerland not Mr Portillo! I love trains and the swiss scenery was stunning. I've started googling train holidays now :)

We've really gotten into the train journeys programmes. We bought my Dad series 1 & 2 of the UK programmes and i bought him his own Bradshaws guide :laugh:

I prefer Austria to Switzerland. We did a coach holidays years and years ago it was called Little Trains of Austria and was fab :biggrin:

Edited by lil_angel

AAArrrrggggg I have just spent almost 2 hours cleaning my kitchen after my Tesco delivery. A carton of thick double cream had burst and the delivery guy didn't spot it until he'd carried the crate through into my house, lord knows how but thankfully none dripped onto the hallway carpet, however my kitchen looked like there had been an explosion in a gloss paint factory and there are Spirograph patterns of white greasy cream all over my black kitchen rug!!! Once he spotted it he balanced the crate over my sink, but this just meant the cream ran in rivers all down my cupboard doors of course they are white so I keep spotting dried streaks every time I look up, so I have had to wash the whole lot down. Add to that all the shopping in that crate was covered in cream so had to be washed, just hoping nothing has got water in it now and been spoiled.

I've scrubbed the rug several times and used Mr Muscle carpet cleaner but I can still see where the cream was, and its all along the rug not just one small area, its not a cheap rug either, so I'm not happy. The delivery guy thanked me for not shouting at him and said he'd be reporting it to Tesco so if the rug is damaged theres a record of him having caused the mess. I'm just waiting for the rug to dry and will see if I can still see the marks and if so I'll be ringing them to find out what they intend to do about it.

Snow use the online form to let Tesco know what happened. I always report things like this to them direct and always get the price of the item refunded and any others that might get contaminated by the spillage. They often add a little bonus by way of an apology depending on how bad things were :)

I wish you luck with that, Snow. A few years back now a delivery guy didn't notice a container of bleach was leaking and it totally ruined my hall carpet. I had visits from people from Tesco in varying positions right up to an area manager and I got...zilch! I rang wrote and emailed until I was blue and got precisely nowhere. Fortunately (or not) we got flooded that summer and the kitchen, living room and hall carpets all had to be replaced anyway.

I'm making a stab at Sam's news..I think she has been offered a permanent position in Australia and is waiting to find out if she can get a visa. Close, or no cigar...or christmas pud?!

ooooooooo no Snow, that sounds like an awful mess to try and clear up!! i hope you find a way of getting your rug clean, i also hope you manage to get your holiday booked up at a good price!

Yantan, if i had to power the internet myself i would be cut off from you lot Lol..... i really am a lazy sh*t! i just can't get motivated to do anything

I caught about 5 minutes of the michael portillo programme and had i been on my own i might have watched it.... i was however out voted!

i think i am going to try my hand at henna tattoos as a temporary stop gap until i see my consultant again... now i have the thought of a tattoo in my head i am having to use all of my willpower to resist calling martin my tattooist Lol, i will practice my henna designs on my foot to begin with as nobody sees that!

id like to go away with a friend but we are both disabled, so anyone know of a wheelchair friendly B&B or whatever on the coast, lowestoft, somewhere like that please?

I think sam is going to live with the elephants, or oz

Is this any good for you Alicia? It seems to have a compressive list of disabled friendly holiday accommodation. If I have done it right the link should open at Suffolk but the website also has coverage all over England if you don't like what is listed for Suffolk.

http://www.disabledholidaydirectory.co.uk/search/uk-l23/england-l24/suffolk-l88/