UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jimmy Jammering

merledogs

Good Luck with the search Owl

hospital again for me today..... i hope he doesn't keep me in!!!!

got a blackberry playbook the other day, very good value for money......... it was in the pc world sale before new year at £124 by new years day it was back up to £149 so checked currys website... £129, collected from the same branch of pcworld at the cheaper price, 64gb 7inch tablet and i haven't needed to try and find any instructions for it yet!

Morning All

Dashing about as work beckons and I am still catching up there after the holiday break.

Asking friends to share my page/website has generated a nice new flurry of likes.

HLGS I have resolved to join Twitter for WagTails House. I set it up for the charity I work for so hopefully should be able to do it again & link with Facebook/website blog. I don't really like Twitter for personal use but it is more productive than Facebook at work as organisations seem to use it more. Should be done before weekend is out! Maybe Oldies could ask Marc the Vet for a retweet for their commission bookings? I hope to support other charities in various ways in future but will give Oldies Club a fair crack at getting up to their max 10 bookings first this year.

Good grief...the garage couldn't get the parts needed in time so are refunding a card transaction via a cheque to MIL who then has to transfer funds to us...not muchly impressed with them :-(

And the cheque will take a week...it is for rather a lot of money too :-(

That sounds a pain Murtle. Why can't they just put it back on the card like other firms do?

Hope all goes well at the hospital Griff and you don't need to be kept in.

Good luck with the search for the little old terrier Owl.

It's a bit dreary here today but at least it's not raining and it's very mild. Might get some work done in the garden today.

what a nuisance Murtle...does seem odd that a main dealer doesn't know how to issue a card refund, hope it all gets sorted quickly

well i am home from the hospital....not good news as i am no longer in remission, i already suspected it anyway as i have felt odd since before xmas, i have to increase my steroids and chemo tablets, my kidneys are playing up again so along with my fortnightly blood tests i now get fortnightly urine tests too.... i am under strict instructions that if i am not doing well in a few weeks then i am to call him and he will have a chat with me, if i haven't improved by my next appointment he said i may need to go back on the infusions. he is a lovely man though, wrote down all the instructions for me and was intrigued how my coat can be called "superdry" yet not be waterproof Lol, i can only guess he doesn't have kids.

Everything crossed that the extra meds/treatments/monitoring resolve things for you Griff.

Sorry to hear about the car problems Murtle.

I feel a bit self-centred posting this now, but WagTails House is now on Twitter @WagTailsHouse for HLGS and anyone else who might be interested. Now what to say for the first tweet.....

Thankyou Yantan and whizzie , it was hard having to call and tell my mum and even worse having to tell my dad, i have every faith in my consultants and i know they will do what is best for me..... could have been worse, he could have decided he wanted my company for the next few days and kept me in hospital Lol.

ooooooooo whizzie i don't do twitter but the best of luck with it, i have no idea what you could put for your first tweet.

Sorry to hear that Griff, hope the new meds help stabilise things. I love the superdry confusion!!

Well done on the twitter account Whizzie, it is good to be able to share good and bad news.

Thanks for the thoughts on the car, any other time wouldn't be such a pain but we leave France tomorrow for a 7 hour drive home so could do with the stuff being fixed...

Murtle I hope your trip home is uneventful. Would an independent garage by an good? I use one over here and when they need parts from the different manufactures they order them in from a supply place and generally receive them the same day. I appreciate though that's it's probably too late to do all that. It was just a thought!

Does anyone have experience or knowledge of CoQ10?

HLGS I have resolved to join Twitter for WagTails House. I set it up for the charity I work for so hopefully should be able to do it again & link with Facebook/website blog. I don't really like Twitter for personal use but it is more productive than Facebook at work as organisations seem to use it more. Should be done before weekend is out! Maybe Oldies could ask Marc the Vet for a retweet for their commission bookings? I hope to support other charities in various ways in future but will give Oldies Club a fair crack at getting up to their max 10 bookings first this year.

I think Twitter is very good for business / charity / brands , great idea to get Marcthevet & Oldies to RT each other promoting it , I will RT them as well ( poke me if I don't see them ) we have other 2000 followers on Twitter and you never know someone might fancy a holiday ?

what a nuisance Murtle...does seem odd that a main dealer doesn't know how to issue a card refund, hope it all gets sorted quickly

well i am home from the hospital....not good news as i am no longer in remission, i already suspected it anyway as i have felt odd since before xmas, i have to increase my steroids and chemo tablets, my kidneys are playing up again so along with my fortnightly blood tests i now get fortnightly urine tests too.... i am under strict instructions that if i am not doing well in a few weeks then i am to call him and he will have a chat with me, if i haven't improved by my next appointment he said i may need to go back on the infusions. he is a lovely man though, wrote down all the instructions for me and was intrigued how my coat can be called "superdry" yet not be waterproof Lol, i can only guess he doesn't have kids.

Sorry to hear that Griff , I think you are amazing and I am in awe of your spirt and you made me giggle re the coat

funny question but humour me , do you like xmas pudding ?

I feel a bit self-centred posting this now, but WagTails House is now on Twitter @WagTailsHouse for HLGS and anyone else who might be interested. Now what to say for the first tweet.....

I shall go and find you now

Murtle sorry you have car troubles

I am waiting for a phone call , it may be one of the most life changing calls I ever take and I am looking at the phone willing it to bloody ring

I will be back later to find out if Griff likes pudding and if I have not exploded to share my news