UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jimmy Jammering

merledogs

Sympathies Murtleyone. I so agree - you MUST give us your mobile number they say so we can keep you informed - do they ever, NO! You can tell I've been there lol. Friday night is one of the worst times for going back to the UK.

Enjoy your chinese and pint Alex. So pleased for you. Confidence will come now you have been made permanent and can now believe that your bosses know how fab you are, which we already did.

Hope Laney's paw is better soon.

Happy Birthday Bracken. Why don't you want to go on thyroid meds Michelle? I know it's not really a comparison but I'm just about to get Tiffy tested for hypothyroidism and if she needs meds I was going to give her them. Should I not?

Snow, tell them at check in you're newlyweds on your honeymoon and get an upgrade. Has worked for us 3 times previously (one was actually real!)

My guess is Sam has got a sooper dooper grant or award type thingy and is going to live and work in Sri Lanka full time. Though the :ph34r: makes me think maybe the Australia guess was right hmm....

• Like 1

There has been a 2 hour powercut in Pembrokeshire and apparenty the boiler at WagTails House has gone in to lockout mode, now the power is back. Not great in our first week of letting :(

Have found it really strange all week if I am honest thinking of people in our house & knowing I'd really like to be in residence myself. This will take a bit of getting used too. Maybe I just need more meths! ;)

(Edited as font shrunk!)

Edited by Whizzie

sams pregnant

That took me a while to work out...I was wondering who had a dog or cat called Sam and was muchly confused!

Those were our thoughts too Eve! They didn't tell us when we arrived either, we happened to see it on the board once we had got to the waiting area! Had we have known we would have grabbed food elsewhere as they don't do vegetarian food there!

....but we are now at sainsburys buying bread and milk and anything else OH decides he desperately needs tonight!

Issie Spinone was on thyroxine for years Eve with absolutely no problems

I don't want to go on the meds cos I'm border line and hoping to get it back under control. If I was to start now I could be on it for 40 years.

Glad you made it safe back to good old blighty Murtle. Mild here ain't it

Edited by Jacobean

Thanks Michelle, it is mild but a but damp here. Great to be home and sleep in our own bed, funny what you miss when you are away!

It is Saturday and I have lots of plans for this year, but first a nice cup of coffee :-)

Hope you manage to manage your weight without the drugs Michelle.

Snow : Which airline are you looking at and what plane ? I use Emirates and even then its highly dependant on the plane. The A380 seats are very wide but the 737s are snugger. I flew Delta to the states last year and I did pay the upgrade to prem economy on the flight to New York , my internal flight to San Diego was on a much smaller plane.

I use http://www.seatguru.com

and also http://www.flyertalk.com

I have been lucky and been upgraded a few times including once to FIRST when I was wearing old jeans , dogstar polo shirt and crocs ( having gone to airport straight from a clinic ) so clearly on Emirates it is how often you fly and not what you wear :D

I've been using seatguru to work out seat sizes etc. because flights to NYC are so frequent I can pretty much choose which airline we want, albeit that Delta use KLM, Iberia and a couple of others as "charters" on the same route which is why it's been a bit complicated working out what seat sizes as it'll depend on which specific flight at what time of day as to what type of aircraft it is, it ranges from 747, 767, 777 and Airbus. The primary carriers are Virgin Atlantic, BA, Delta and American Airlines - we've actually flown with all of them to/from USA over the years. Legroom is probably the biggest problem, we flew with Virgin last time and were able to get exit row seats on the way there which was perfect for Rob but a bit cramped for me as the tray table is in the armrest so made the seat narrower, I was pretty much wedged in and had to stand up every time I needed to get the tray out/put it away, use the remote control thingy etc etc. on the way back for some reason we couldn't have the exit seats and Rob got stuck in an ordinary seat, his legs were jammed against the seat in front and because of the underseat box he couldn't even slip his feet under the seat in front. Then the 2 people in front decided to recline ..... it almost chopped his legs off, we asked them nicely more than once to please please put the seat upright, they wouldn't, the stewardess came and asked and they still refused, by this time Rob had bruises on his legs as every time the woman in front of him shifted position the seat cut into his knees, eventually the stewardess allowed Rob to go stand at the back, but of course he couldn't stand up all the way back. To upgrade to the exit row will cost an extra £50 per person each way, to upgrade to premium economy is approx £150 per person each way (depending on the airline) and according to seatguru its a waste of money on some of the flights.

Went back to sleep and had a lovely refreshing kip on the sofa. Have been carrying a weight on my shoulders the past two weeks which has lifted so I feel refreshed.

Need to go the sorting office to pick up a couple of packets then sainsbos and costco. Not sure I will do them all today. Need to clean the car inside and out too.

welcome home Murtle!!!!!! disgusting that they couldn't send a text message to let you know of the delays.... even our hospital text you and remind you that you have an appointment so it can't be that costly to do.

Jacobean, i hope you manage to sort yourself out without the need for the drugs.

Whizzie, hope your boiler is up and running at wagtails house now

Merledogs, i am glad that you had a good nights sleep and feel rested.... i think your new year resolution (not that i make them) should be to have more confidence in yourself and your abilities