UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jimmy Jammering

merledogs

Ooh Sam, planks are evil things. Can do tricep dips, but not tried with just one leg. Has your trainer done split squats with you? They are evil things, but work wonders on your bum :biggrin:

he calls them lunges and oh yes he loves them , with weights , without weights , backwards , forwards , jumping , you name it I have done them

he used to be in the Navy and trained Marines , I have told him I don't want to sign up but he is getting me ready just in case ( even press ups ! )

Edited by Happylittlegreensquirrel

Have just sent via BACS & also sent you note in contact form. A dog of either sex please!

Thank you :) I will email photos just after 21st January :)

Wish you luck there Murtle shudder

Have been in garden all afternoon tidying up and have chopped a tree down to a more manageable size.

cripes thats impressive , do you have an axe ?

I think lunges are a bit different. Split squats involve 2 step boxes stacked on top of each other, putting one foot on the step box, balancing on your toes (but with no weight on that foot), then your other leg is about 3ft in front of the step boxes, and you squat so your knee is nearly touching the floor. You do this with hand weights in each hand. I can do them ok now, but the first time I did them it was really hard.

• Like 1

I love planks, I hated them when I first started as I couldn't do them and as for suicide planks, I never thought I'd manage them! This year I am trying to find my lower abs, so If any gym bunnies have any ideas I woul love to hear them please!

xxx

I have to do those as well , Marine boy has a never ending list of things to challenge me !

Oh buddyboy I'm pleased that everyone is ok. It's a by law round here that all dogs should be on a lead in a public place but it's amazing how many people ignore that. My Jack is a grumpy old staffy and is unhappy if any other dog gets in his face so he snarls and so do I if it happens. I tell people that he is on a lead and entitled to be nasty if other dogs invade his space.

Back to work today. Bleurgh!

I don't do the gym. :)

Buddyboy I'm glad Jed is OK poor old fella.

Off-lead dogs in town are something that makes my blood boil. I don't think it's just round here Loo I think just about everywhere has now adopted the on-lead rule under the 2005 legislation. The number of people here who walk around my town with their dogs off-lead is staggering. It doesn't matter how well you claim your dog is trained or that you can trust him/her 100% if they are off-lead you do not have control of them and are committing an offence. It only takes a moment for a dog to take off. Ruby was knocked over once by an off-lead collie who first decided to go one way and then another resulting in Ruby taking a hefty tumble over him and injuring her hand quite badly. Almost 2 years on and she still cannot straighten her hand out. The owner just laughed!

Had a really lazy weekend. I had loads of stuff I should have been doing but was in a real CBA mood so did nothing.

Pleased Peugot sent the money back so quickly Murtle - still seems weird they didn't know how to do a transfer back to your card though.

Well done Jayne on the weight loss. You're going to look fab on holiday. You'll be getting withdrawal symptoms though, not going to the gym every day lol

Sam - what sort of stuff do you need help with? Is it all in Sri Lanka or is there anything that can be done remotely from here? I have plenty of spare time these days so if there's anything I could feasibly help with, please do say.

Poor Jed :-( And well done your boys for warning the collie off without attacking him. I don't think Kai would be so restrained if another dog went for Tiffy. We do encounter lots of off lead dogs round here, seems to be how most people walk their dogs, but luckily they're mostly well behaved and we've not had any problems.

Edited by eve

I've just been talking to our stand-in dog walker at the garden gate as she passed with the usual entourage in tow. Archie is out there waiting for the regular dog walker to turn up and he was so pleased to see Esther. Just wait until Cara turns up - he'll be in heaven!

Anyway well done to Esther who took somebody's unwanted and totally untrained dog in and has turned him into a lovely well behaved boy and now has 2 potential new homes lined up for him :)

• Like 1

oh that is a lovely thing to hear Yantan, good luck to the dog finding his new home!!

Buddyboy, what an awful thing to happen but glad everyone is o.k, we get stuff like that all the time round here...my dog is on lead for a reason... he doesn't like other dogs (he is terrified of them) yet despite me shouting can you call your dog away please they continue to stand and stare at me trying to hang onto thirty kilos of lungey dog! proper annoys me. last night was great, we had to walk past a pup on the opposite side of the road, we did the walk on and leave and laney was ace.... we were minding our own business when the same fella decided to follow us so i crossed the road to avoid any issues... he crossed the road to follow, so i crossed again and again he followed me...now being disabled i have 2 speeds slow and stop but managed to hobble far enough ahead and hold laneys attention for him not to kick off, it was obvious neither me or the dog were happy but still he continued to follow our exact walking pattern.

HLGS, Gooster and Murtle, i think you are all ace sticking to your exercise routines, i did about a week and gave up Lol.

trying to decide how long a few days is in Doctors terms, saw my consultant thursday...upped my meds on friday, he said i should be feeling a lot better in a few days, today is monday and i don't feel any different and i don't really want to call him and be told i haven't left it long enough.....hmmmmm perhaps i should call him tomorrow, i just hope he doesn't want me to start the infusions again as my parents are going on holiday and i don't want them to cancel.

Good luck to Esther's boy in finding a new forever home.

:laughingsmiley: @ Jayne. Should have known you'd book a hotel with a gym. There isn't a gym near us, and I probably wouldn't go even if there was, but I really should do something to shift the weight that's been creeping on. I seem to be more active now than when I was working but I think stress and meeting impossible deadlines must have making my metabolism burn off the fat lol.

Hoping your meds kick in soon Griff but I'd give it another couple of days before phoning the doctor.

Sam - what sort of stuff do you need help with? Is it all in Sri Lanka or is there anything that can be done remotely from here? I have plenty of spare time these days so if there's anything I could feasibly help with, please do say.

A lot can be done remotely and yes we would love your help ( and anyone else who wants to help ) we are always looking for online folk to help

ooh by the way I can share my news now

http://www.therefugeforums.org.uk/forums/index.php/topic/52830-my-news-finally/