UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jimmy Jammering

merledogs

This is worrying especially as the Wildlife Crime unit appear to be doing some very valuable and successful work:

http://www.independe...tors_picks=true

crikey that is worrying..... i hope they manage to find funding for it

Jazz, hope you get your holiday booked and when it is time for you to go you get some lovely weather

got to the bottom of the sad laney...... his paw is all red, i guess in all the wet weather it has become irritating him again, i forgot he is allergic to wet mud (or something in the wet mud) and as the rest of him was o.k (no rash on his tummy) i didn't bother putting his boots on, whoops! he will have to have pavement walks until his paw settles down and stay off the fields until they dry out a little bit (if they ever do!!)

i am wondering how the Merley one got on at her meeting.....i do hope she was worrying over nothing

Edited by griff

RMF : Meeting with my boss this morning.

Hope it went well, I am sure it did :)

Well done Jayne, we (I) expect photos on their outings please!

yes indeed we do expect / need / demand photos :)

Frustrating for you (and us!) Sam and no doubt nerve wracking too. Hope you get through the weekend without combusting.

Its touch and go but I will try , currently I believe I will be able to explain all on Monday after 16.00hrs

Morning - hangover from the meths is not too bad thanks Murtle ;) I must be a natural!

Meths ? cripes :)

Michelle - do come & find WagTails on Twitter. I'm also there are WhizzieC but not using that one. I am hoping that Oldies Club will link up, retweet etc so you have as much chance as possible of getting your commission bookings. Who is it who would do this please - Victoria or Angela?

I have done a few RTs , between us all we can get the message out

Evening :)

Meeting was absolutely fine and he said I was a great addition to the team. You'll never guess what he did say though (I know you'll all be gobsmacked when I tell you) - that I should have more confidence in my own abilities :rolleyes:

I am off to the Chinese to treat myself to a takeaway and will have a nice pint while I am waiting.

• Like 3

Ha ha I've just said that to you on facebook. I don't know shakes head. Happy forever and ever job

Pleased you've got to the bottom of what's wrong with Laney and hope it clears up quickly Griff.

Austria & Switzerland do look very scenic. No chance of me going abroad cos I won't leave my furry types but have fun to those who do manage it

Have been back to the docs. Levels have changed again but doc says we'll monitor it every few months. I don't really want to go on meds for thyroid to be honest but the weight is a worry to me. I've put on more again and he does understand my concern. He also thinks there is a possibility HRT is giving me migraines as they are becoming more frequent so he's changed that yet again.

I don't run on the treadmill - too much impact on my joints :) I do a fast walk instead (usually 3.7mph).

ahh that explains it , I run at between 8 and 9 km an hour. I am not a natural runner so 12 -15 minutes is the best I can manage

Laney is acting very odd this morning, i don't know whats wrong with him but he isn't himself, i could really do without him getting sick

oooh no , fingers crossed he is better soon

I watched a Michael Portillo program about trains journeys around Switzerland last night and I'm smitten. That's with Switzerland not Mr Portillo! I love trains and the swiss scenery was stunning. I've started googling train holidays now :)

Train holiday sounds awesome :)

Snow : Which airline are you looking at and what plane ? I use Emirates and even then its highly dependant on the plane. The A380 seats are very wide but the 737s are snugger. I flew Delta to the states last year and I did pay the upgrade to prem economy on the flight to New York , my internal flight to San Diego was on a much smaller plane.

I use http://www.seatguru.com

and also http://www.flyertalk.com

I have been lucky and been upgraded a few times including once to FIRST when I was wearing old jeans , dogstar polo shirt and crocs ( having gone to airport straight from a clinic ) so clearly on Emirates it is how often you fly and not what you wear :D

I've had a brainwave - and after having had a sleepless night that's a major miracle in itself! Reading the chat here about typing and reading whilst on, or off, a treadmill the following idea came to me.

What if we could only get on the internet if we provided our own power? A half-hour on a treadmill or exercise bike or cross trainer or anything else of that ilk created the power for a certain amount of internet time. It would not only help reduce the problem of greenhouse gases but turn us into a nation of fit people.

OMG thats such a good idea , I would be like a rake if I had to earn my online time

I am currently testing an upgrade to the DS site and I am online hours each day

Happy birthday Bracken!!!!!!!! i hope the change i your tablets sort your migraines out.

Merledogs............ congrats on a great meeting and will you please please believe us when we tell you you are ace and your boss is lucky to have you!!!

i am going to attempt a pavement walk later... can you please send some no other dog thoughts our way, not sure i could manage to hold onto a lunging dog tonight

hmmmmmmm i reckon HLGS is going to get a mbe/cbe/obe (she deserves one!!) oooo ooooo no she has won the eurosquillions and is waiting for the amount to be confirmed Lol

hmmmmmmm i reckon HLGS is going to get a mbe/cbe/obe (she deserves one!!) oooo ooooo no she has won the eurosquillions and is waiting for the amount to be confirmed Lol

My ex boss just got an OBE in the new years honours if that counts , unless they have a section for "services to squirrellyness" I am not expecting a call from :king:

How I wish I won the eurosquillions guess if I buy a ticket that would increase my odds a bit :pinkie:

• Like 1

Made it to Calais, now just waiting for the delayed chaos at the channel tunnel! Why can't companies understand about communicating with their customers...it's not difficult they manage with the two million marketing emails I constantly receive so why not share te "what is happening now" bit!!

Good luck with your pavement walk Griff, lots of no dog thoughts for you both!

Sam, don't see why they can't have a for squirrelyness services they seem to have them for every other service!

Brain gone...ah, well done Alex...maybe this can be your year to believe in yourself?

Marion, I don't like your idea! I am actually too lazy in comparison to Internet one I would like xxx