UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doodaas

merledogs

I think there may be a problem with BT broadband at the moment - we had issues with it on Tuesday and yesterday at work...

Am so tired this morning, am having to get up earlier than normal to try and get to Buxton on time. There are roadworks at the moment on the A6, which have so far made me late every day I have been over there this week ( despite leaving home an hour and 20 mins before starting work and Buxton is only 22 miles away).

Moaning :tired:

Someone's showing off by staying up late to defrost their freezer just because they don't have to trek to work today :D

Freezing here again, dogs are all snuggled up and the fire is on. I have a Kinky on my lap as well, which makes using the pooter very slow. Mind you I am ready to chuck this laptop out of the window because BT broadband is soooooo slow. It's absolutely dreadful, wish I hadn't bothered switching to them.

Ha ha ha...must be one of the reasons that role was so bad...no way could I have got up at 5.30 this morning and still functioned all day!

It is still very cold here but I turned all te heters off last night and though the flat is 15.5 degrees I feels warmer than yesterday when it was 17.8 odd.

Will hold off from going shopping till a little later in the hope the frost / ice will have melted.

I am on BT broadband and I think ours is ok. When we have had a problem though they have always been really good at fixing it. Hope it sorts itself out. Glad Kinky is sitting on the pooter though.

Saw the lovely osteopath yesterday and have trapped an odd nerve on the front part of my shoulder hence the pain, and what i didn't realise lack of Movement in my hand. I think it might have been Bellydance moves which is a pain as I don't want to have to give up another activity becuse of my shoulders.

I defrost my freezer with a hairdresser and a strong knife..is the bowl of hot water method quicker? I hope you get Trudy sorted out soon Jazz.

I'm waiting to hear whether or not my son and grandson are coming today for a visit, they were coming until Sunday but Aidan (3year old grandson) has a mystery illness. He keeps complaining of headache and tummy ache, and yesterday he said he couldnt walk because his knees hurt. When he did walk it was on his toes. :unsure: My daughter in law took him to the hospital after ringing her doctor for advice but they couldn't find anything so gave him painkillers and told her to take him back if he got worse. After the painkiller he was running around as normal but I texted my son at about 8 this morning and he said he's up on his toes again...very worrying and odd. I would so like to see them..haven't since May..but if he's going to have to go back to hospital it's not going to happen, sadly.

No I think the hair dryer method would be quicker, only I don't have one! The freezer was very badly iced over and as it's a smeg freezer it freezers over the elements so you have to be really careful not to bend or break them.

How your grandson is feeling better soon and they can make their visit. xxx

Hope you find a harness Jazz and that the beta or well x

I am on a massive rant today!!!! On monday my nephew [age 15] was injured playing football at school during pe. His knee is massively swollen with a large lump apparently and he cant walk on it [hes using a pair of crutches i had] and neither bloody parent has taken him to doctors/a+e. He was staying with his dad who told him it couldnt be that bad but kept him off school. My sister has the boys now and all shes doing is shouting what a useless father her ex is and how bad her son is but has she had him seen.. no and shes sent him to school!!!!!!!!! My dad is picking him up later so we've conspired on this and if nephews knee is bad we're taking him straight up a+e. I'm furious over this as my nephew doesnt admit pain easily so if hes been crying over it then its bad.Those two are so bloody ignorant i want to smack their heads together and kick their arses, obviously arging things out is more important to them..........and breathe.....sorry for rant!!

Hope Trudys appointment goes well.

Edited by collies r best

Oh Collies that isn't fair to the lad at all. I don't know why some people have kids.

I had a routine 3 yearly check up mammogram yesterday. Ouch! No really it only nipped a little on the sideways one. The radiographer was admiring my pendant necklace and when I told her it had a curl of George's hair in it and a little bit of his ashes so he's always with me she thought it a wonderful idea. She hadn't heard of memorial jewellery before but said she would tell people about it because she always got chatting to the ladies coming in and an awful lot of them have pets. It might be an idea some of them would love if they didn't know about it already.

Our dog walker is off sick with this awful sickness bug that's going around. She became ill whilst visiting her mum with the baby so has stayed put and her mum is looking after her and little Evie. Not that I wish illness on her but I am glad it came on whilst she was at her mum's so she could be properly looked after.

Her partner Ian, bless him, came on his days off to walk Archie. Archie adores Ian and got him all to himself for those two days as Sadie had also gone to visit her grandma with her mum. I've had to take him out yesterday and today so he didn't get far but I took him where I knew there would be a lot of rabbit scents to follow so he did get a reasonable run round. No bunnies were harmed during this foray!

Ruby is off work with one of her migraines due to the sinus problem. She has been getting pains in her face as the medications work on the impacted sinuses but we've been taking it that that is a sign that things are shifting!

All our old outside lights seemed to give up the ghost this year so Ruby went to buy some new ones. We'd left it too late and there wasn't a lot of choice so she had to splash out £25 on this one particular set. It said it had 480 lights so we both assumed it was going to be a very large set that would reach the front of the garden to be draped around our newly trimmed bay tree. No such thing! It's tiny - the lights are clustered together. Ruby put it in the cherry tree that's outside our front window and it's barely covered a couple of branches. It looks pretty on but we really could do with another to make it look more like but there's no way we are shelling out another twenty five quid! Disappointed-dot-com.

Jazz, I wonder if Trudy could have a blocked salivary gland.

I hope Aidan is well and can visit you.

Our freezer defrosts automatically but my fil used a spray to defrost his.

Poor nephew, I hope somebody can get his knee looked at. It is sad when kids end up between two warring parents. Just as well he has his auntie looking out for him.

Yantan, you do have conscientious dog walkers. I hope normal service is resumed soon.

• av-225.jpg?_r=0
  • Established Member
  • 2,968 posts

Posted Today, 09:32 AM

I defrost my freezer with a hairdresser and a strong knife..is the bowl of hot water method quicker?

That is SOOO posh

Also a bit dangerous. Electric hairdryer and water from the freezer are not a good mix! Go with the bowls of hot water.

Has anyone heard from Claz? I was wondering how she was doing after her knee op.

CRB, I think you can feel free to kick both their irresponsible backsides and give them extra from us as well. Good thing the lad has you and grandad to look out for him.

suzeanna, that is worrying for the poor kid. If the knee pains and other symptoms continue, ask his parents to make sure he is checked for rheumatic fever. It's a staph infection so should be spotted if they are looking for it, but it's not so common these days so can get overlooked.

Suzeanna, i hope your grandson i soon feeling better and i agree keep going until you find out the cause

Collies, tell your nephew if he ever hurts himself like that again to take himself to the hospital himself if neither parent bother..... i think if he is over 14 he can be treated without a parent but under that he will need a parent but the casualty department will send for a parent/relative..... why the hell would you leave your child like that???

Jazz,hope trudy gets on o.k at the vet

my mum uses the bowls of hot water method for defrosting the freezer...... takes a few hours but we found the defrost spray didn't work too well.

Yantan, xmas lights can be sooooooo expensive, i was dead tight and got them of amazon..... they will probably be crap and end up in the bin! these are what i got

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Christmas-Frosty-Icicle-Sculpture-Outdoor/dp/B005M1QD4O/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1355403502&sr=8-2-fkmr0

he wanted the falling type and i don't think i have ordered the right ones.... never mind

Collies, I hope your nephew gets some attention, sounds as if neither of his parents give him any!

Oops, I meant hairdryer not hairdresser....my hairdresser is very obliging but I think she'd draw the line at defrosting my fridge. I'm very careful not to let any water drip onto the hairdryer but I'll try the bowl of hot water method.

Had a text from son, they are coming but his wife isn't too happy about it...but she is a very highly strung type and gets stressed over a lot of things. I did ask did Aidan's knees look swollen at all or feel hot and look red, negative to all that so hopefully it's nothing serious. I've told him to assure Julie that I will take Aidan straight to my doctor if he seems worse at all (only my boys coming as her disabled mum has to looked after and the awkward old bat won't go into respite even for a few days.)