UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

Jazz - take the pills. Hopefully the pain will ease soon.

Great news about your insurance Griff. Fingers crossed you get the scan soon and they don't lose the disc this time.

Bet Dragon's Roost looks fabulous Snow. I love dragons too. We have a couple of very small stone lions in the front garden. My son rescued them from an old house he was renovating and gave them to me. Don't particularly like them but he was so pleased about it I feel I have to keep them there lol

I heard on the radio they are searching the river for that little girl, it doesn't sound good. Her poor parents must be in bits, and if it turns out to be the father of one of her playmates how dreadful for his wife and child/ren too, I can't imagine they'll be able to stay living in the area.

Don't like rubbishing the guy when it hasn't actually been proved he was involved but several news reports are saying he had six kids with 4 different partners all living in the area, none of which he currently lived with, so hopefully no one will hold it against any of them if he has abducted April. Really feel for her poor parents, but you're right Suzeanna, it doesn't sound good at all.

Fabulous news Griff, hope you get it done quickly.

I haven't got any ornaments in the garden, but I do have a pottery pig doorstop. He's lost a few bits..toes, ears...but he's useful so he's staying! I've downloaded four books so far, one free the rest cheap ones but all authors I enjoy.

Evening

Suzeanna Happy Anniversary. Pleased you have had a lovely time and been spoilt

Griff hope you are now seen urgently as they shouldn't be leaving you like that and having lost your records you shouldn't have to pay!

Pleased Max is ok.

Congratulations and tons of happiness to the family of Amelia.

Jazz hope you've taken the pills. Hope you are behaving yourself and taking it easy

I had an ornamental duck but the head fell off it. I suspect an Issie Spinone knocked it over but she never fessed up.

Hope Jayne's date went ok and I hope chap has met elsewhere and treated properly.

Thanks for asking guys... Didn't meet up with him last night. He still had his daughter, and there was no way I was going around to his for a first date. His text messages have been quite, erm, forward, which has kinda put me off a bit. Yesterday I sent him a message about how it's true that blokes think about sex all the time, which seems to have made him back off a bit. He has hardly messaged at all today, first one asking if I had had a nice day and if I had ridden Blue. When I repled I was still at work (work till 7 on a Wednesday), he replied with the fact he was on his own tonight. I sent a message back telling him I wanted to meet in a public place for drinks before doing anything else, as I'm not that kind of girl... I think he has got the hint now. He seems like a nice guy, but he's not my usual type, and I don't really see it going anywhere, but feel I have to at least meet up with him, so he doesn't think I'm a tease. Gaaahhhhh, why is nothing ever straightforward :unsure: :rolleyes:

Moaning :tired: When will I ever learn that four dogs and me in a bed does not make for a good night's sleep :rolleyes:

Griff - that's great news :flowers:

Jayne - it's a shame his forwardness has put you off, but you are right to at lease give him a chance. If you do like him then you'll have to lay down some ground rules. Hope you enjoy the date in any case :flowers:

• Like 1

Jayne, a nervous man often can cover it with bluster, this might not be the "real" man speaking! If of course it is, tell him in no uncertain terms that if he's looking for what I believe is termed a **** buddy, he's looking at the wrong person, if he's looking for a good female friend you could well be one, but if he doesn't interest you romantically don't waste your time or his trying to let him down lightly, just always be busy if he calls.

• Like 3

Well you should take your proper place on the floor Alex. What sort of parent are you stuffing yourself in with the dogs on their bed?

:D

Funnily enough, I was speaking to a woman in the vets the other night who in with her Dogue de Bordeaux. She was telling me she also had a Vizsla, a Bull Mastiff and a Boxer. I said to her "where do you sleep?" rather than "where do the dogs sleep?" Funniest thing was, I didn't mean to say it like that, it just came out :laughingsmiley:

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 1

Very excited! The elf service has managed a concession on tickets to see the St Petersburg Symphony Orchestra in Carlisle for only £10!1 I have booked myself a ticket and will be going to see them tomorrow. Woooo!! God love the elf service!!

Am posting at work which is highly ill eagle but I had to share before I burst!! :) :)

• Like 3

ooo nice,enjoy xx

I found some stronger pills for bed time,treasure! didnt sleep well,but it would have been worse without.

the study floor is finished. lewis is just getting up on his day off. lewis is going to be busy. dont tell him yet lol

Lucky you Loo. I missed that one but in any case couldn't have gone as I can't sit still for that long these days. I have been to some cracking performances in The Sands (which I am presuming is where your concert will be held) it's a bit like a building from the old Soviet Russia days with an interior to match but the acoustics are smashing. Enjoy!

Oh Loo do you know anyone over your way that our dog walker could approach about her horse? She needs somewhere to keep her with a store for her grub. She's been offered a field at Lazonby but it's just that and nothing else and her horse needs winter shelter plus somewhere to keep her feed.

Loo, have fun

Merledogs, i used to share the bed with diez but when we got laney she abandoned me!!! so i am spoilt and get the bed to myself!

Jazz, glad your floor is finished

Gooster, i agree with the others, meet him somewhere public and see how you feel, he could be a bit insecure and playing at how he thinks he should behave (if that makes sense)

appointment came through for my Nhs ultrasound.... 1st november! i will deffo be going private. i have to sit and do my questions for my consultant tomorrow, i will need to have a think.

• Like 1

welcome Amelia

Hope you get your scan soon Griff

I forgot to thank you for the dog biscuit recipe Marion! I have tried them out and they are great. Will have to do some more, maybe next week ;)

Sorry, can't remember who asked where I was going....I am off to Symonds yat later this evening, once keith finishes work.

good luck with the noo fella Jayne.

Belated happy anniversary Suzeanna

hugs for Max

I've been back to the vet's with jack this morning he has had nettle stings in his eye, causing a few problems over the last couple of week and had been getting over it well. Trouble is, he has somehow managed, even with a buster collar, to scratch his cornea again. I had to hold his head while Milly (the vet)swabbed his eyeball and cornea with an antibiotic cream with anaesthetic. good thing I'm not squeamish!! At least I will be able to monitor him 24/7 for the next few days, before he goes back on Tuesday.

• Like 1