UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

Happy Anniversary Suzeanna!!! :) x

Gooster - ooer - sounds like he's keen on yoooooooo!!

Griff - hope your away days go according to plan

Positive thoughts to Max

I've run out of milk so will be forced to have a bacon sandwich for breakfast instead of my usual cornflakes and banana. It's tough...... hehehe!!!

• Like 2

Happy anniversary Suzeanna :flowers:

Hope Max's op goes ok :GroupHug:

Hope baby makes appearance soon :)

I thought he was being a bit full on too, anyway, after I posted that I sent him a message telling him I was having an early night, think he got the hint, as he backed off a bit then :rolleyes:

Got an accountant coming to see me this morning about doing my taxes etc. Want to see if getting a new car would benefit me tax wise :ninja:

Griff you are a genius! I've sent the pattern to a friend asking if she could knit Archie one :) I have no skills in the knitting, sewing area - well no practical skills in any area really. Eye roll.

Suzeanna happy anniversary. How was York? I love going there, such amazing history. I hope your hands are less painful today.

I meant to pick up quotes as I read through but didn't so excuse me if I have missed mentioning something or don't mention names. I get awful brain fog due to a combination of lack of sleep and medication.

Thank feck Tesco are coming today. I might have ordered some bacon which is just as well as Loo's mention of a bacon buttie has me just about slavering. I can even smell it!

Mmmmmm, bacon butty *drool*

Accountant has been and gone. He was supposed to be here for 10, so I got up at 9.15 and had a shower. Was just about to dry my hair when there was a knock at the door - the bloody git arrived at 9.30 :angry: so I threw some clothes on and went downstairs with soggy wet hair (that I hadn't even had time to brush), no socks on, and no jumper. I was freezing. I offered him a brew, which he declined. He is a right misery guts, but tbh, if he can save me money on paying tax, I'm not that bothered. He did tell me I need to do locum work for a few other companies though, as if I do too many for the same company, I won't be self employed, but a part time employee :unsure:

That's what I thought tbh, I don't have a contract of employment. I just show up when they need cover, the fact that I tend to do the same few stores shouldn't count. As they could just choose not to use me any more, also I can choose to leave at any point I want. Have looked through my diary, and every month I have done various locations, so hopefully I will be ok...

(null)

Marion - I have lots of bacon. I bought about 2kg of the stuff the other day in a catering pack and split it into smaller ones for the freezer. You are welcome to some if you like :)

I dropped Max off at the vets and then went food shopping and spent waaaaay too much, but I hadn't done a proper shop for a couple of weeks so haven't had any fruit for ages (I luuurrvveee my fruit and smoothies), so I stocked up on loads and lots of smoothies and other stuff as well. I don't go to Sainsbos much and I love their food so when I do go, I always stock up.

Feel like having a nap now but I've got work to do (claimed a few hours back this morning cos I've done overtime).

Just phoned up to book hair appointment - last amazing haircut I had was done in Alderley Edge. Nowhere has lived up to that haircut experience since, so have decided to go back there next time Ted is at the groomers (25th October). Since my hair has a bit of a ginger tinge at the moment, decided to have a colour done as well, so doG knows how much it will cost, but I am happier to pay more for a good cut and head massage, than pay less and have drinks spilled on me and be ignored (as per the last 2 haircuts I have had done!!)

Need to go to the gym now, but don't have a pound coin for the locker :rolleyes: Really need to get a trolley key ring fob thingy so that I don't have to keep aside money for the locker.

Owl, I spilt my work between 3 main practices, I have 2 employed days at a small opticians. Then I do one, sometimes 2 days at 2 other practices (same company, but franchised). I also do days with other companies when my 2 main practices don't need me (although the other companies don't pay as quickly as my main practices, which pay me within a week!), one company I had to wait until september 1st for work I had done back in June....

Congrats on getting confirmation of the V job Alex - have you told the temp job peeps yet?

Hope Max is being a brave boy at the vets and you get him home soon

Ahem, Marion. Now you've had your pasta and a sleep and hopefully a bacon butty maybe you could finally get round to telling us the gossip on the nasty neighbours you promised yesterday? :D

Hope your chemo is going ok Griff. That is scandalous about having to pay for another scan though because they lost the disc. Surely it shouldn't be down to you?

Good luck for your date tonight Gooster. He's maybe acting a bit too keen as he's been out of the dating game awhile and is a bit anxious and not sure how to be himself. Fingers crossed you both can relax a bit and have a great time.

Happy anniversary Suzeanna - hope you're having a lovely day. 20th is China, isn't it?

Hope the swelling in your leg keeps going down Jazz

Not sure if we are going out tonight, he still has Ella, and I think his parents have gone back home now. Ella goes back to her mum tomorrow, so am thinking we may stand a better chance of getting out somewhere then... As nice as I am sure he is, I don't really want to go to his house to meet him - he may expect something more than just drinks, and whilst I am no prude or nun, it's a definite no to doing anything on the first couple of dates at least!!

• Like 1

I forgot to say I was thinking positive thoughts for Max but I have been and continue to do so. Thanks for the offer of bacon Alex but really try to keep off it and just got the packet I have as a treat :)

Eve - the neighbours! Yes I forgot. The loopy one that takes in all the eastern europeans, including my pal Miss Czechoslovakia, is supposed to be moving! She doesn't own the house - it was left to a local Quaker group but trying to cut a long, complicated story short basically my neighbour gets to live in for free for life. The one stipulation is that if she moves out she loses the right to live there. Interesting eh! I won't say more until I know more - just in case.