UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

Griff - it seems to be ongoing so just sending you more hugs :GroupHug:

Hurry up baby Amelia :flowers:

suzannea - how very lovely of your OH :flowers:

I'm back from town. Went to Aldi on the way home so best get stuck into some work. The manager was gutted that I was leaving, even though I've only been there for a couple of weeks. He told me (twice) that if I didn't like my new job I should "please please" call him. The boss woman has also told me a few times that she's very pleased with what I've done so far and that if I need a reference she'd be happy to provide one. That must be why they've given me a shedload of work to do before I finish! I can work from home for the rest of the week though, so I don't mind doing a few extra hours. It's nice to be appreciated, hasn't happened for a very long time!

ETA : Max seems a bit better and is begging for some of my apple. Still a bit wobbly on his tootsies bless him :wub:

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 1

Its lovely to be valued isnt it Alex - lets hope V feels the same way - onwards & upwards now xxx

Just had a text from Nick mother & baby doing fine, more details to follow :) Welcome little Amelia xxx

ETA: just had a photo of Amelia sent to my phone - shes gorgeous :)

• Like 3

i do hope that find that little girl safe and well but i don't hold out much hope.

Suzeanna, how lovely and thoughtful of your OH.

Welcome to the world Amelia

Merledogs i am glad that you have had such a positive response from your job... i have told you time and time again your last company did not deserve you!!!

Loo, the nurse will moan at me as she isn't happy that i haven't been seen by my consultant since i was discharged from hospital in early july.... she isn't happy that they have left me with the lump in my neck and is generally unimpressed with the care i am being given now i have left hospital, i can't fault my gp practice though, they have been ace!!!

Jazz, has your leg settled now??

i am wondering did Gooster go on her date last night or was it deffo postponed??? you don't have to tell though if you don't want to!

• Like 1

Aw I've just heard a plea on the radio by the mother of the little girl missing in Wales and have filled up. Poor woman :( I do hope they find little April safe and well and very soon.

Give Max a gentle hug from me Alex please.

I really really hope that for once the child is found safe. Her poor parents, what they must be going through I can't imagine :( They should bring back the death penalty for paedophiles. There is no worse evil in this world than hurting children or animals because both are defenceless.

I will give Max a hug shortly - he's currently sitting by the open patio door sniffing the outside world (but it's far too cold and windy for him to actually go out unless he wants a wee) :wub:

The boys are having their tea. For the cats, I just chuck it in their bowls and they nomnomnom it down. For the dogs, I've poured boiling water on their kibble, then I've added some sardines in sunflower oil and some hot smoked salmon, then waited until the water has completely soaked the kibble (and cooled down), then mushed up Max's kibble so he can hoover it up without having to chew on his sore gum.

Very rare that I just give them their kibble. They usually have something mixed in. In Autumn/Winter they like it hot, so I usually make a 'stock' out of boiling water and a quarter of a tray of Naturediet, which soaks into the kibble.

We don't spoil our dogs much do we? :rolleyes:

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 2

Lol, you are right Merledogs.... totally spoilt!!!! mine are still on home cooked and mixer, i am giving them deer ears for treats, rabbits ears and chicken feet... costing a fortune but worth it!

nurse was livid at the hospital and has threatened to attend my appointment with me Lol

I had 6 eggs. I had bacon and eggs last night for tea, but left some eggs to make the dogs flapjacks, who wont be back for another week

*rolls eyes*

hip is very sore today. My leg isnt too swollen, so now feeling the real pain. I *might* be stoned later

Don't suffer Jazz take the pills and enjoyyyyyy lol

I have finally unpacked my dragons so Dragons Roost really is now appropriately named :thumbsup_still: I have a dragon on the house nameplate, 2 stone dragons guarding the front door, and a conservatory absolutely overflowing with dragons along all 3 sides plus stuffed dragons sitting in the basket chairs :biggrin: Rob said "you don't have to put them all out.... less is more..." sadly for him I don't agree .... more is perfect!! LOL

Jazz, take the pills before the pain kicks in!

I hope your dragons will be happy in their new home Snow...thanks for the info re the biopsy, I've passed it on.

I heard on the radio they are searching the river for that little girl, it doesn't sound good. Her poor parents must be in bits, and if it turns out to be the father of one of her playmates how dreadful for his wife and child/ren too, I can't imagine they'll be able to stay living in the area.

Jazz take the pills and enjoy the trip :lmaosmiley: :lmaosmiley: :lmaosmiley: shame about the dogs but i guess at least they are asking something for them

Snow, i am glad your dragons are now all unpacked and i hope you will all be very happy!!!

Suzeanna, i agree i don't hold out much hope for that wee girl, i hope she is found safe but i think it is going to be another tragedy.

Great news........... my insurance will pay for my ultrasound!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i see the doctor on monday to get a referral letter faxed over and will hopefully get the scan done within the next few days

• Like 2