UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

Fingers crossed Maz :flowers:

Congrats on getting confirmation of the V job Alex - have you told the temp job peeps yet?

I have indeed and will be finishing Friday. I did offer to finish earlier but they want me to work until Friday and even though I don't have a contract yet (two weeks after I started) :rolleyes:, I like the lady boss so will keep doing her shite work until Friday.

RMF 1 : Vet rang to say that Max's op went well. They took one teef out and cleaned and scaled the rest of his teefs and I can go and get him at 4. I do worry about him a bit more than the others cos he's bumpy and he's mummy's speshul boy :wub:

RMF 2 : I have the fire on cos it's cold.

giggle ...... i think i know what you are getting at there yantan!!

ooooo gooster, i wouldn't be wanting to meet his little'un for a bit, hope whenever you do go out you have a good time

Jazz, glad the stitches are out and hope the leg settles down

got my chemo done!!!!!! then went and got a chest xray and checked on progress of my scan appointment..... it has been requested but no appointment has been issued, came home, told my mum who called the department and she was told a minimum of 6 week wait!!!!! i have a lump on my neck/throat that is getting bigger and bigger and one of the side effects of treatment is cancer and it is classed as non urgent......... i don't think so, i hope to god my dads health cover thing will pay out for me again to go private (it is benenden so they prefer you to go nhs when you can)

i hope max has got on o.k at the vets merledogs

• Like 1

Have the rules changed then, snow? I know I wasn't allowed to be self-employed with only one client.

Yes apparently so Owl, I thought the same as you and I argued that point when I was told I was self employed for one employer only and didn't think I was, but its the tax office who decide now and they go on different criterion, primarily that there's an element of "risk" involved for you as a self employed contractor/sub contractor, they don't seem to be at all bothered any more unlike a few years ago.

Hilary's blinds lady has been and very nice she was too, no hard sell at ALL, just measured up, showed me samples, talked through my options, gave me some quotes and left it to me to call her if/when I want to go ahead. As far as the quotes go, very surprised to find that the plantation shutters are far less than I had expected, £600 for the 2 I want in the front or £1,053 if I include the back bedroom (which we wont lol) , and thats in hardwood not mdf or veneer, however rather shocked at the roller blinds for the conservatory as that's come in at £863 and thats apparently 50% off in the sale *eep* definitely worth me getting some local quotes now then.

Griff - I ope you manage to get seen and sorted soon mate :GroupHug:

Waiting impatiently for Alex to get back with Max.

My boy is home :wub: He's very groggy still but he's just had some Naturediet and is now on his bed. I suspect he will sleep lots tonight, but I'll take him to bed to keep an eye on him. I shall tell him his aunty Marion was asking after him :wub:

We have to go back on Friday at 4pm (timed that well :)) so I will have to finish this job early. It was only £103 including the long term Metacam injection, although it appears that they didn't do the pre-op bloods. The estimate they gave me was between £250-£300, so am pleasantly surprised.

Edited by merledogs

Thanks Marion and Eve :flowers: I'm leaving him be for now cos he can't stand for long cos his legs give out and he seems spaced out like he doesn't know where he is, so as much as I want to give him huge cuddles, I'm resisting the urge.

I have to go into the office tomorrow to return the mobile phone and laptop, but I just need to stay for a meeting, then I'm working from home in the afternoon and Thursday/Friday. I mean, how dare they make me go into the office a whole three times in two weeks?! Just three more days of this boring drudgery and then I'm free.

Next door neighbour stopped me on the way in. He's just been to Yellowstone National Park and wanted to tell me about the wolves he'd seen. Well jel!

i am glad Max is o.k. and even better news about the bill!!

hope Archie enjoys his fish tails....and you enjoy your fish and chips

i am sure i will get sorted out eventually, i had a look at the bmi site and they reckon around £300 for a scan.... if the health cover won't pay then i will what are overdrafts for if not to be used!!

Archie would like to report that he has had 2 fish tails and more than a modicum of fish from the fillets. He likes fiss, as he calls it, and sat and waited patiently for his share. He was delighted to find it's clean sheets night tonight and has christened my bed for me by sprawling right across it whilst leisurely wiping his fishy chops on the clean duvet cover.

Max will feel so much better in the morning once he's slept the anaesthetic off and I'll bet he'll be all up for cuddles from mummy :)

• Like 1