UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jubilee Japes

merledogs

Good luck with the beagle Owl, hope you have your waterproofs as Sunday is meant to be very wet!

Not long now until our holiday...and if OH is unlucky with the redundancies, life will be one long holiday, but with no money to enjoy it! :unsure:

Ditto what Sandra says. Am supposed to be camping tonight and tomorrow and would prefer it to be dry.

Our auction has started and with our vet bills in May hitting 9K (eek!) we could do with the money.

So many things to do today but just lacking the motivation lol

One of my friends is rowing in a boat in the Jubilee Thames Pageant on Sunday, so I hope that it will be dry for her. They will be on the water for hours and have been told to smile whatever happens as the world will be watching!

Morning.

My neighbour and I need to get going on the bunting for the Jubilee weekend but with both of us having bad hips and shoulders and only one good arm between us I foresee it will be a long and trying afternoon of bunting hanging. Swearing may be included.

I hope the weather turns good over the weekend for you campers and anybody else attending/holding outdoor events. It's quite nice here today unlike yesterday.

I'm just about rejoining the land of the living today but I feel as though I'm only visiting rather than actually taking part fully - I have had the most AWFUL head cold. I am wracking my brains to remember if I have ever had such a bad cold before in my entire life. The worst aspects of it have been the non stop whole body wrenching coughing fits which leave me gasping for breath and which have wrenched my back and strained all my chest & stomach muscles and lets not mention the box of tena ladies I've gone through!. I have barely slept in the past week and have left the house only once which was to attempt to go to work on Wednesday ... just driving 9 mils left me so exhausted I couldnt get out of the car once I got there!! During last weekends heatwave I had an average temp of 101.4F only just controlled by regular doses of paracetemol and standing under an ice cold shower.

I've been left feeling absolutely weak as a kitten, I still have a cough, I've totally lost my voice, my head is still all bunged up & I'm deaf in one ear but at least I can go about an hour between coughing fits now and had a whole 4 hours uninterupted sleep last night.

We're off to Wales later and tomorrow I'm supposedly going to see Wales vs Barbarians something I have been looking forwards to since February but I am so weak that I have serious concerns about whether or not I can actually manage to walk from the bus stop to the Millennium Stadium - in fact if the weather is in any way like last Saturday I won't even attempt it as I wouldn't be able to breathe. I know I'm not the fittest of people and I'm overweight and a heavy smoker but that distance walk is something I wouldn't even think twice about normally, yet I seriously am doubting that I'm up to it. Because of a cold ffs!!

I'm told that its hit me so hard because I was/am run down after the year I have just had and with all the back & forth to mums etc which is still ongoing while we sort out her affairs and stuff, but right up until the first little sniffle I had been feeling fine - OK a bit tired now and again, but as I have been so busy thats to be expected, I haven't neglected myself, I've tried to eat properly, yeah the smoking went up and stayed up, but I had been sleeping - sort of - and making up for lost sleep in the afternoons, and I have NOT allowed the nasty spiteful stuff thats been said and done to prey on my mind and upset me other than as an immediate reaction when it has been happening. Yet a flipping cold has totally wiped me out and left me feeling like I'm 100 years old!

I was so looking forward to joining in the singing with the 1000 voice Male Voice choir prematch but at the moment when I open my mouth all the comes out is either a hacking cough or a feeble hhhhhuuuuhhhhhhhhheeeek sound mind you Rob says thats an improvement over my singing lol

Snow I was just wondering how you were this morning. I'm sorry to read you're not so grand and I will think positive thoughts for a full and speedy l recovery. I am not surprised you've been felled like this given the stress you've had for some while now even though you are shrugging it off a bit. Take care of yourself missus :GroupHug:

That's not nice Michelle :GroupHug:

Stay dry thoughts being sent.

Good luck in your hunt Owl.

Hugs for everyone else that needs one :GroupHug:

Had a hell of a day, but am now having pizza and gin.

Hope everyone has a fab weekend :flowers:

RMF : I've not seen a single bit of bunting up near me - not in any of the businesses or any of the houses. Everywhere else apparently has loads.