UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jubilee Japes

merledogs

Michelle that's not very nice :sad02:

Cheryl you just made me laugh with the re-mortgage comment :flowers:

People here must have decided to run out and get bunting at the last minute as there was loads of it for sale in town yesterday but when a neighbour went down today to get some more it was sold out everywhere.

We have had some bah humbug comments directed our way today over our garden "decorations" so I have told them all I will be playing the National Anthem on the hour every hour over the weekend and I expect to see them all lined up on the street standing to attention :king:

Right that's me orf to bed. N'night all.

Morning :tired:

I've done my morning check of the plants and sprayed the roses and the mini cherry tree for aphids (little gits). I use soapy water rather than anything with chemicals in cos I don't want the poison to spread up the food chain.

Morning :flowers:

:GroupHug: for poorly peeps and those having hard problems

Off to the lotty soon. I managed a couple of hours last night and planted out some french beans and beetroot. The weeds are groing too fast for me though, so it's a bit disheartening looking at them. Hope the rain stays off for today. :worried_anim:

Went to where we usually park this morning, to see that they had fenced off the field and workman told me that it was a private road and I wasn't allowed to park there. They were going to put clamping signs up apparently and it's going to be gated. It's the only road through to a nursing home, which regularly has ambulances going up there, so if they gate it then that's going to delay things in an emergency :rolleyes: It is a public footpath through the field and although they had put a tiny narrow style in, the bottom of it was fenced so the dogs wouldn't have been able to get through and I'd have had to lift them all over.. Gutted that we can't park there any more, but we can park the opposite side of the fields and walk through another field to get to this field, but it's a bit of a faff because I have to walk all four dogs on lead for a short while next to a busy road. The bloke doing the work who told me I couldn't park there was a right miserable git - anyone would have thought it was his land (it isn't) :mad:

On a brighter note, this is Max's tactic when he wants to sit somewhere which Taffy is occupying - simply sit on him until he moves :biggrin: :wub:

P1000813.jpg

Edited by merledogs

Oh Max :laugh: :wub: That's more than a bit crappy of them to stop the parking and making the access to the field awkward.

I forgot to say that Archie was introduced to my auntie's new dog, Joss, yesterday and they got on famously :cheer:

My aunt loves Archie and likes taking him out and so she desperately wanted him and Joss to be friends so that they can go for walks together. After the introductions were made and they had wandered around her garden for an hour together she walked them both back to here and they walked nicely side by side. I could tell Joss has lost some weight too. He's got the start of a "waist" now.

On the other hand things aren't going so well with my nephew's dog, Taz. My auntie has been looking after him on the days my brother and his family are all out at work and college but he's too much for her. He pulls like a train on his lead and harness and is naughty in the house wrecking anything he can get his little paws on. Oh and he won't leave Joss alone and Joss being a laid back boy just wants peace and quiet. She can't train him because it's not being followed up once he goes home. She doesn't want to say anything to them as she doesn't want to let them down but it's really not fair on her and they should have thought of all this - as I urged them too - before they got the puppy. In actual fact they shouldn't have got him because non of them are around enough to look after him but no they put their own wants before the pup's needs :mad: Apologies for the rant!

Edited by Yantan

Sorry to hear that Marion. People just don't have a bloody clue sometimes :rolleyes: Unfortunately it's usually others who pick up the pieces.

Glad that Archie is getting on with Joss though, that's two new mates he's made recently :wub: and more importantly, two new playmates :wub:

When we were walking back to the car earlier we came across a toddler and her dad. The kid was loving the dogs and the dogs were having a little sniff (they were on lead). The dad said : "Oh she usually just walks up to our dog and clunks him round the head, then walks off" :ohmy: I pulled the dogs away and resisted the urge to say something but shall be avoiding them if I see them in future. I don't know how my dogs would react if someone 'clunked' them but I don't want to find out either.

Arternoon

Raining here a bit on and off and feeling cooler

Have had my hair done, scoobs has been swimming. There were some ponies in the field at the side, which set him off with his little hunting bray. Just having poached eggs on toast. Am starving. The males in the household are having kidneys. Yuck

Wonder if it really is a private road Alex. Shame that's happened. Max you tinker. Ours sit infront of chair and eyeball until the other can't put up with it any longer and gets off. Scoobs sits there and whines at the other 2 to give him a lift up so I then pop him on and he snuggles up.

Sorry nephews puppy is proving difficult for auntie. I tried to talk my dad and her out of getting a bichon pup but they don't blooming listen. He's now 3 and neither of them can look after him. Thankfully they have a friend who dotes on him and is taking him out every day but it must be a burden for her. She won't let me go round to the house. Can't say I give a flying erm fig. We used to have to make appointments when dad was there as it was.

Have decided to give our little hall a lick of paint to smarten it up. Will miss the lilac colour but it needs doing. So getting paint on the way back from seeing dad.

Aw

Back home. Have hardly been here all day! Got a nice colour for the hall. Will be doing the white stuff tomorrow and then painting with that the following day.

Starving as haven't had chance to have anything else yet so having some toast while we're waiting for a casserole.

Dad's room is rather cluttered which is rather ironic. Not exactly disabled friendly in my view. Met several members of staff who are all lovely. Kept asking us if we wanted a cup of tea. Think he's in a good place. It is very close to home so she can go round in her scooter to see him. So we wait.

Sorry to hear that Marion. People just don't have a bloody clue sometimes :rolleyes: Unfortunately it's usually others who pick up the pieces.

A friend's daughter arrived at her house with an 8 week old lhasa pup and said " But the problem is , mum, we go on holiday on Saturday."

So her 70 year old mother was left with the pup.

When we were walking back to the car earlier we came across a toddler and her dad. The kid was loving the dogs and the dogs were having a little sniff (they were on lead). The dad said : "Oh she usually just walks up to our dog and clunks him round the head, then walks off" :ohmy: I pulled the dogs away and resisted the urge to say something but shall be avoiding them if I see them in future. I don't know how my dogs would react if someone 'clunked' them but I don't want to find out either.

My neighbour was walking her GSD round the local park when a woman and a little girl approached her and asked if the little girl could pat the dog.

As the dog loved kids my neighbour agreed and put the dog in a sit.

The girl approached the dog then whacked it over the head with a stick she had in her hand. Her mother commented' Oh, she always does that."

My neighbour felt terrible that she had let it happen to her dog but she wasn't to know the girl would do that.

How can some people be so stupid ...

We are back from beagle hunt, got lots of scent and have worked out the area he is running round. He seems to be trying to get himself back home. The area Wispa indicated is now receiving a flyer drop and poster blitz. There are lots of oilseed rape fields, and shortarse beagle can get down the bunny routes which go through them. Long legged Wispa can't so we had to work out various detours. Wispa is fast asleep. A couple of days off now.

• Like 1