UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jubilee Japes

merledogs

Went out earlier than usual this morning, given that we now have to do part of our walk on a more well-used route. Had a lovely walk and the boys made two new friends : Molly the choccy lab and Dexter the one year old Beagle (who is a typical playful puppy) :wub:

Now going to have a shower and then head off to B&Q to get some paving stones.

Evening all, done bits and pieces on the allotment and in the garden today, but don't think I have achieved much. Don't know why I feel so glum. Just waiting for dinner to cook, then will watch the jubilee concert on tv. The allotment barbie got cancelled as it is a bit nippy out there1

Can I join you in the achey corner. Finished tedious gift aid claim then toddled off into garden to cut back shrubs "for an hour". 3 hours later having felled a tree into the bargain, freezing cold and kernackered. Just about to do dishes then going to have a much needed shower and I'm going to dye my hair.

Sorry you're feeling down Marge. Think the weather has scuppered a lot of expectant plans this weekend. I'm recording the concert at the mo then will kick back and enjoy later on.

Had another run in with gobby fence builder on the footpath this morning.

"Excuse me love" says he. "Can you make sure you walk on the public footpath when you're coming through here".

"Where's the footpath?" says I.

"Down the middle of the field".

"Well when it's signposted, then I'll use it".

"It is signposted"

"Where?"

"Up the top there" (the signpost is at the start of the footpath - lots of turnings and forks after that with no signposts".

"The bit down the middle isn't signposted".

"Grumble grumble" (from him).

He's been whingeing at other dogwalkers as well and being unnecessarily rude and aggressive. I now have the name of his company and will be writing to both the landowner and the Council to make a complaint. I am also going to complain to them about the stiles and bridges across the public rights of way which haven't been maintained properly for years. If they are going to be marking out precise footpaths then they need to be maintaining the bits that you can walk on. See how they like them apples. I'll also ask the question whether the landowner has permission from the council to be erecting stiles (which are very flimsy and not accessible to anyone elderly or not able bodied).

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 2

Had another run in with gobby fence builder on the footpath this morning.

"Excuse me love" says he. "Can you make sure you walk on the public footpath when you're coming through here".

"Where's the footpath?" says I.

"Down the middle of the field".

"Well when it's signposted, then I'll use it".

"It is signposted"

"Where?"

"Up the top there" (the signpost is at the start of the footpath - lots of turnings and forks after that with no signposts".

"The bit down the middle isn't signposted".

"Grumble grumble" (from him).

He's been whingeing at other dogwalkers as well and being unnecessarily rude and aggressive. I now have the name of his company and will be writing to both the landowner and the Council to make a complaint. I am also going to complain to them about the stiles and bridges across the public rights of way which haven't been maintained properly for years. If they are going to be marking out precise footpaths then they need to be maintaining the bits that you can walk on. See how they like them apples. I'll also ask the question whether the landowner has permission from the council to be erecting stiles (which are very flimsy and not accessible to anyone elderly or not able bodied).

I like your conversation.

The Ramblers Association may be of help with the footpath problems.