UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

Hope Martyn's job is safe Michelle :flowers:

:flowers: Nice pics Sandra

Good luck with the family Griff, they will just have to take you as you are. :flowers:

Morning all,

Went to the allotment last night...OMG the weeds!! Ah well, just have to do bit by bit. Potted on some cucumbers and started taking plants outside to harden off this morning. I would really like to stay at home all day and finish the job, but work beckons. Have a good day all. :flowers:

RMF: I have a ickle tiny cucumber on one of the plants :cool2: )there were two, but I knocked one off when repotting :worried_anim: )

what lovely photos sanrosscot

Jacobean, i hope Martyns job is safe, frustrates me when companies do stuff like that as he could have looked for another job in the mean time and been settled there.

Kittycat, i hope your hayfever settles down, have you tried one of those things that you pop up your nose? it is 2 prongs and it glows red (you don't want to do it in view of family members as they laugh!!) lloyds pharmacy do them

http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/en/allergy-reliever-15677

Houndzrus, work is very inconsiderate... i think you should only have to work rainy days so you can get your veggies sorted!

Sandra what fabulous photos. The looks on their faces are ace.

Michelle that's an awful situation for Martyn :mad:

Kittycat, i hope your hayfever settles down, have you tried one of those things that you pop up your nose? it is 2 prongs and it glows red (you don't want to do it in view of family members as they laugh!!) lloyds pharmacy do them

http://www.lloydspha...-reliever-15677

No I agree don't use it in front of the family but I demand we see photos here!

Looks like another smashing day ahead weather wise :happystrange:

Flippin' boiling in this office :confused02:

Friend in work's birthday today - she's 36. Much hilarity teasing her that her biological clock's ticking.

Another colleague said to me (about a male colleague who's turning into a big girl's blouse) that he's "growing a mangina" :biglaugh:

Chuffin hell I must be mad. It's roasting here and I've spent ages over a hot stove making the innards for a meat and tatie pie for tea. I'd have just plumped for salad in this heat normally but it's almost 2 weeks since my last Tesco order and I'm scraping the barrel for ingredients. Anyway I have made and filled it's pastry top and bottom and it's now in t'oven. There's plenty if anyone wants to pop in for their tea.

Yep, I'll have some of that please Marion :flowers: Can you share the recipe please?

Boiling here - have watered the front garden again from the water butt, in which I'd collected my shower water for the last couple of days. Hopefully the shampoo and shower gel won't kill them.

RMF : Put the air con on in the car and it wasn't working very well. Then when I got home there was water dripping from underneath the car. Just what I need.

Afternoon :guitar:

Hope the hayfever sufferers don't suffer too much :flowers:

Me too Marion :flowers:

fingers crossed for your air con Alex, loving the mangina! :laughingsmiley:

Well another day in lala land. Spent the day on an estate doing a few visits. One joint visit with a housing officer was investigating a complaint from an elderly lady, regarding her electricity going off, her phone and tv being affected by radio waves which would only stop when she shouted down the basin in the bathroom for it to stop. She locked the front door and wouldn't let us go until we had looked at the box in the bathroom which sent the signals. It was the boxed in downpipe. :unsure:

Another visit to a man who's is an alcoholic, hoards everything and lets his dog and cat pee and poo everywhere. The place absolutely reeks and your feet stick to the carpets because of all the dirt etc in them. Myself and someone from Age UK have been trying to work with him since last October, and finally had a breakthrough today. There's a lot to do to get to the goal, but we're well on the way. He actually likes living how he is and can't see anything wrong with it and when he said to me "you must see some sights in your job", he couldn't see the irony. :worried:

I'm off to pot on my plants in the polytunnel, and maybe pot on some seedlings if I have time. :thumbsup_still:

RMF: I have my shorts on. Not a pretty sight, but needs must and all that... :whistle: