UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mad March Mumblings

merledogs

Managed to smash my shin into the towbar while putting all the heavy stuff in the boot. Big lump came up by the time I got home. Ouch.

Ouchie! :flowers:

Woke up early and , for some reason, thought Jack was on the bed. I got up and ended up tripping over him on the floor! Good thing he didn't bite me, he thought it was a great game and wagged his tail, banging the floor loudly. :laugh:

Lots to do again today, but first have to take Keith to the bike shop to get his new to him bike for work. This afternoon he is taking his old broke one to another shop who will take it off his hands and give us a little in return. All this will seriously test my patience as I want to get the polytunnel up and get on with the garden move round :rolleyes:

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Archie had a lovely long walk this morning. The dog walker came for him and took Archie off with his own dog. They had a super time together and because they were clearly enjoying themselves Ian, the walker, kept them out a good bit longer than the hour I paid for.

His dog is a rescue BC and is very timid, having been kept in a shed for 5 years mecry.gifbut she was showing more confidence with Archie along side. They haven't had her long so have quite a lot of work to do. I've told them to go ahead and bring her along for Archie's walks as it's nice for him to have some doggy company now he is an only dog biggrin.gif

Morning.

Your dogwalkers sound great Marion, really caring.

I ache so much after moving stuff yesterday, and have to do loads more today. Lots of stress getting the new bike and taking the old one to be sold. Two trips to Bedworth (don't ask), and then another to Birmingham. I could only get bits done, so really must try and get it done today.

How lovely for Archie and new friend :biggrin:

snow, glad to hear your mum is so much better.

Back to Lincs today, not too far from here. We tracked a jrt day before yesterday, believed gone to ground. After 2 hours we came to a 5 bar gate draped with barbed wire, Wispa thought he went through but we couldn't get over. Owners went back yesterday with another of their jacks and got over, and the little fella led them to a very old and deep network of holes where he made a huge fuss. He has been wanting to go back all evening and this morning but his people are working until midday. They believe there is another way in that Wispa and I can use. Paws crossed! The dog has been gone for 10 days, but the place is heaving with bunnies so if he can move around the tunnel network he can survive.

Fingers crossed Owl flowers.gif

Had a not very nice walk this morning :( First Max went head over heels over a ten foot drop into a stream. I think my heart literally stopped, but he seems find. Also, because we went out a bit later than usual, we encountered some fair weather walkers which I will be avoiding in future.

Afternoon

Hope everyone is ok

Jazz - I know a homechecker on the isle of man if that's the line you're going down. Otherwise there used to be a lady on here with sighthounds who lived there. Was her username YKstar or something. Hasn't been posting here for years.

Snow glad your mum is faring better :GroupHug: I imagine you enjoyed the rugby

Alex that is so scary and sorry your walk was ruined by fair weather types. Funny how all these strange dogs you've never seen before pop up.

Hospital visits are a real drain. I need my weekends back but we've got weeks of this yet and then prob having to sort him out at home.

My sympathy to Max, he is not alone..my OH stepped on a piece of pavement that wasn't there..if you see what I mean...turned his ankle and did a sort of falling roll that a parachutist would have been proud of, landing on the grass rather than the pavement, thankfully. He hurt his shoulder and wrist as he landed but was more worried about Dylan who yelped as Philip went over, as his lead was still firmly clutched in Dad's hand and it must have jarred his neck, which tends to give him trouble at times. Both seem ok now, but if OH is limping tomorrow, I'll be taking photos of the offending bit of pavement (a large chunk has crumbled away) and muttering at the council. :angry:

Absolutely fabulous day here, not a cloud all day and really warm. No doubt it will be raining again tomorrow!

Oh..my haematology guy has proved right, I've got a huuuge mouth ulcer come up inside my bottom lip.