UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mad March Mumblings

merledogs

Can we see a picture of Starbuck? Or has one already been posted and I've missed the clever chap?

It was just a link, this one: http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_blog.php?dogId=37667

We did our tracking, and according to Wispa's nose and body language there was a loose male dog around there 2 or 3 days ago who headed out on to the main road and into the nearby village, but he isn't Diesel. If she gets Diesel's scent she get really vibed up and is all systems go, ears up, and nose casting for air scent. It is a nice still day here and if he was within a couple of miles she would have got his scent on the air. But it wasn't a wasted journey as we met and chatted with the fishing bailiff who is there twice a day and will look out for him or any other loose dog.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry for your mum Snow, she must be totally fed up with all of this, I hope the hospital will admit her and can make her feel better :GroupHug:

Shame it wasn't Diesel Owl, his owners must be giving up hope. The woman who owned Millie, who went missing from down the road from me, has another pup now..had it for about a month, a little jrt. Very sweet waggy little thing, but she was saying how good he was offlead, always comes back :unsure: There are some big dogs offlead on the field where she was taking him, personally I wouldn't risk a tiny one offlead there.

I am exhausted we got to the hospital at a little before 9 we were the first ones there and we were the last to leave at 5pm mums had a litre of fluids and 2 units of blood her blood shows she has an infection of some kind and that she was very dehydrated, they didnt want to admit her if we could avoid it because her immune system is so low and hospitals aren't exactly "healthy" places to be. I've walked fecking miles!!! Back and forth to pharmacy ...why is it always at the opposite side of the hospital to the clinics? I've also "driven" the worlds wonkiest wheelchair - you can bet that pushing a wheelchair uphill should have been on my list of things you aren't supposed to do when you have just had a biopsy list *eeep* nice lady patient in the heamatology unit showed me where I could nab a sneaky fag which kept me sane lol mums now in bed I've just finished a load of jobs she asked me to do and I'm now officially on my last legs. Fingers crossed mum rallys a bit tomorrow after a good long sleep and some nice fresh oxygen rich blood,

Mum is much better this morning - amazing what a couple of pints of healthy blood can do, she's had a good restful nights sleep and had even gotten up in the night and had another bottle of fortisip, much better colour today and can feel her feet again so is much steadier on her feet. I'm going to stay on until tomorrow and come home in the morning.

I've been to Asda and B&Q. Now knackered after shifting four big sacks of compost and two v heavy paving slabs.

Managed to smash my shin into the towbar while putting all the heavy stuff in the boot. Big lump came up by the time I got home. Ouch.

Glad your mum is feeling better Snow :flowers:

I bought a rhododendron on the market today, the guy said it would be a good 7 ft at maturity but when I got it home, it says on the label about half that size :angry: I've planted it anyway, I couldn't be bothered to haul it back.

I went to the doc yesterday to tell her I can't shift the extra weight I put on over xmas, I feel tired out all the time, my skin is really dry etc and she said "Do you get your thyroxine tablets from Market Street chemist?" yes..says I. "Are they made by Teva?" not a clue..."well, their tablets have been found to be well under strength, you may well be undermedicated." Ok, so if they knew that, why didn't they inform all the patients who have thyroxine about it, rather than waiting to see how many people come in complaining of not being right? I had two unstarted packs, so I've taken em back and swapped for the other brand. Watch this space, hopefully there will be less of me in a while! :laugh: