UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mad March Mumblings

merledogs

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had my psychiatrists report - it bares very little resemblence to the words that came out of my mouth..... :mecry:

K9fran, there is no reason why you cannot write to your psychiatrist with a copy to your GP explaining and clarifying what you said and how you feel you have not been understood. Be civil but clear, say that you want to work together with your psychiatrist but this can only succeed if there is good communication.

Part of the problem with psychiatrists and psychotherapists (in my experience) is that they sometimes listen to what you do not say, and to what they think you really mean but aren't saying. Taking people's words literally doesn't seem to come easily to them. You have to make things very clear to them, and there is no rule saying you can't ask them if they have understood what you said.

I remember the Gower one and the performance of phoning. Its a frightening thought of a poor little dog being stuck underground. Its an added advantage of having Giant breeds that I dont have to worry about.

Agreed. It tears me apart whenever one goes to ground. I would never have a terrier or dachs for that very reason.

Alex, at least there will be variety :flowers:

CRB - that is the best news ever for Ian, hope his recovery continues at a good steady pace.

Owl, hope you find lost doglets :GroupHug:

I have been tidying up and came across an exert from a book that my Aunt gave me a few years ago about the rescue of her animal, I didn't realise the book had been published but googled it today and it was published a few years back so I have just purchased it. 'Innocent Victims: Rescuing the Stranded Animals of Zimbabwe's Farm Invasions' by Catherine Buckle. I think it will be a very sobering read.

quote name='owl' timestamp='1332007300' post='932130']

agreed. It tears me apart whenever one goes to ground. I would never have a terrier or dachs for that very reason.

It must be very scary when a dog goes to ground. Have to say though (thankfully) although Louie is a dachs x terrier he has no interest in digging and is friends with all neighbourhood cats. Do wonder if living with a house bunny from a young age has curbed any form of prey drive forming :huh:

I think there may have been a big match today considering my Facebook and my neighbour both went a bit mad this afternoon :laugh:

Morning :flowers:

Looking forward to the Edible Garden show today as we are meeting up with some people from the allotment forum too. Should be fun as none of us know what the others look like and there are no dogs to give me even the slightest clue. :laugh: it's all indoors, so it doesn't matter if it rains.

I've walked the dogs, been to Morrisons for some bits and pieces. Left my card in the till machine and walked out - thankfully a lady ran after me rolleyes.gif I'm turning into a batty middle aged bird cos I've done it several times recently wacko.gif

Timmy's turn for a bath - well actually we jumped in the shower. He wasn't amused but was good as gold wub.gif

The sky's gone a bit grey again, which is a shame as I wanted to do some gardening. Might have time to plant up one pot before it starts raining again.