UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mad March Mumblings

merledogs

I do intend to say something if its as bad (or worse) today - I am not spending another morning trying not to throw up the entire time. Problem is that due to the 2nd load of stuff that got dumped on me yesterday I want to put my foot down and insist that I work ALL of next week from home as I'll be editing & putting together the magazine again and its now a much bigger project than it used to be with double the readership and far more commercial advertising not to mention being done with publisher which is not a software that I like or use ( I utterly loathe publisher) the magazine has been taking the guy who took it on over a week at a time to get ready for the printer and he doesn't have any distractions like the office phone, callers popping in and the general interuptions of a busy vicarage (or dead rats stinking). I have already said that the magazine HAS to be my ONLY job next week and thats been agreed but it does mean that this week I need to bring a few jobs forward that would have been done next week and which cannot be left until the mags finished and which cannot be done from home, I'm off to Wales tomorrow and I had expected I was going to have to go back again next week (which I don't now) so I'm already under pressure before this got tossed in my lap.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:biggrin: :biggrin: I'm thrilled to say that Ian walked last night with help. The doctors are amazed at how quick hes now recovering. Yesterday morning was not good for him but hospital said it was a form of delayed shock and the relief that he had stood the night before which reduced him to a shaking wreck unable to do anything but they let him rest and last night he walked. Apparently after a few steps Ian broke down and cried for ages :mecry:

:GroupHug: Snow

CRB that's great news about Ian taking steps flowers.gif

Steph start planning your visit to your niece and then you have something to look forward to and have a goal in mind Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

It's a lovely day here weather wise. It's nice to see some blue sky even if it is perishing

The rat sounds vile Snow, but presumably they can only guess that is what it is until they get it looked into properly? Hope that it's sorted out soon.

This is my unexpected labrador Starbuck :wub: At least, he will be officially mine in a week's time if his owner doesn't surface. Not for long though, as he will be signed over to breed rescue. He is starting to put weight back on and get a bit of confidence.

http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_blog.php?dogId=37667

He's lovely :wub: - we very much like working type labs here!

Morning.

My Niece is on her way now and I'm sobbing worse than the baby :rolleyes: Back to work as well today :rolleyes:

:GroupHug:

:biggrin: :biggrin: I'm thrilled to say that Ian walked last night with help.

Fabulous news!

Just found out that one of my newly adopted rabbits has a tumour, she's not a youngster by any means but it seems sad when she's just found a new home. Hope that she can be with us for a good bit longer.

Steph start planning your visit to your niece and then you have something to look forward to and have a goal in mind Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

I'm putting my holiday form in as soon as I get in work laugh.gif I'm pretty devastated TBH that they have gone, didn't quite think I would feel this upset. I guess I'm just a big softy rolleyes.gif

Fab news about Ian cool.gif

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gifGood thoughts for your bunny Karen.

Oh well better get ready for work rolleyes.gif

:GroupHug: Steph.

Thanks for all the good thoughts for Ian, i'm positive they helped :flowers:

I have a slight confession along the rat lines..sorry snow. I 'might' have a got a pet one on sunday :rolleyes: I love rats and couldnt resist, i'd nipped to pet shop for food and the lady was just dropping off a litter of rats. Pet rats are very hard to comeby over here so i couldnt resist cuddling them. They're all very well handled and i took a real liking to a beige and white with red eyes so he came home with me :rolleyes: I was cleaning out Ben before and he was climbing over me and got tangled up in my hair, that was fun :laugh: Its a long time since i had a rat, my last one Max had to be pts through breathing problems :mecry: Ben got his name so i can sing to him Ben by michael jackson :laugh:

I love rats too but hubby won't let me have one (and I prefer mine alive lol)

Smell was awful again and seems to have invaded most of the house now :wacko: I've told them again its making me feel sick but as they were both out most of the morning I took to spending time outside smoking and enjoying the sunshine whenever I could. I am working from home all next week so just need to get through tomorrow.

Just got back from the vets, Nogs had a bad tummy since Saturday, imodium didn't make a difference so I wanted him checked out, theres no vomiting, no blood, temps fine and he's not dehydrated but his tummy is sore so just a bug of some kind came home with pro-kolin which I've never used before got the tube out and hubby said blimey if I knew we could use polyfilla I had some in the shed :laugh: also got AB's, 6 tins of Hills and a follow up appointment for 48 hours all for the bargain price of £73 :ohmy:

:GroupHug: poor Nogs.

Will try to get pics up later. Must admit feeling guilty as Ben is on his own. After the breeder left and i was deciding what to do the pet shop assistant said male rats cannot be kept together as they'll fight badly. As my last rat Max was given to me as a result of his brother badly attacking him i assumed she was right. Now i've googled things it says they should be kept in a minimum of pairs and you can introduce a new one with little trouble up till aound 12weeks old. So do i go get one of his brothers or not :unsure: I'm really unsure...any advice please? :flowers:

I used to Skype with my Niece but I lost my ear piece so I'll have to buy a new one.

:GroupHug: Nog.

No advice about introducing rats but would love to see some pictures please :biggrin:

OH came home with flowers, a Xbox game, cake and some menthol filters (as I've developed a taste for them after my Niece bought me some cigs over) to cheer me up :wub: she's not bad as far as OH's go :biggrin: