Mad March Mumblings

merledogs

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snow write it all down in a blog then PM us all the link

good plan :biggrin:

I am completely bummed out that my Niece's will be heading home on Tuesday I don't have a great family but I do have a fab Niece, because of the age gap we grew up more like sisters than I did my actual sister and I am gutted that I won't know when I will see them again

:GroupHug:

Morning :flowers: Spending all day at one estate today with a couple of colleagues, so we will be having lunch at a pub. :biggrin:

Today stinks!! I mean that in every sense of the word, a load of crap I really didn't need on top of the load of crap that got dumped on me yesterday :rolleyes: and then theres the smells .... started off when I got to work walked into my office to be greeted by the most overwhelming stench imaginable if smell had colour this was olive green, I couldn't work out what the hell it was, there was this barf triggering awful disgusting odour mixed in with a very powerful chemically pine scented air freshener smell - it was like walking into a solid wall of pong :sick01: I sat at my desk and the smell got worse so I went looking for the source thinking maybe Daisy had pooed in the office and they had either not picked it up or done a very good job of cleaning it, but the smell was far far worse than any dog pooey smell - then I got hit in the face by a fine wet mist of pine scented air freshener :grrr: and discovered they'd set up one of these goes off every 5 mins aerosols at face height on the bookshelf. :rolleyes: I went back to my desk but every 5 mins got hit by this mist so turned it off as it was giving me a headache ... only to find that the really powerful bad smell got worse and worse and worse until I was gagging :barf: eventually I had to go stand outside trying to clear the taste/smell of it from my head, which I ended up having to do about every 30 mins or so when I couldn't stand it any longer. The family came home and apologised for the smell which they think is a dead rat in the wall in front of my desk, the smell is getting in because theres a hole in the plaster around the telephone access point. How I made it through this morning without throwing up is beyond me, I drove home with all the car windows open desperately trying to get the smell out of my nostrils ...and then I walked into MY house .... to be met with yet another incredible stench ... poor Nogster has a tummy upset and there was diarrhoea all over his bed and the rug in the lounge *sighs* what a day ....

I have a dog walker coming to see us on Wednesday with a view to walking Archie on a daily basis. I've never used one before - what sort of questions should I ask and what should I be looking out for?

Are they insured? (both for any issues with Archie and for any damage they might cause in your house)

Will Archie be walked with other dogs?

Will they use Archies vet if he needs a vet when in their care?

Are all walks on lead?

Where will they be walked?

How long for?

Are they insured? (both for any issues with Archie and for any damage they might cause in your house)

Will Archie be walked with other dogs?

Will they use Archies vet if he needs a vet when in their care?

Are all walks on lead?

Where will they be walked?

How long for?

I would also asses how they interact with Archie and would want to accompany them on a couple of walks ( or be able to observe them, as I know you are having problems at the moment)

Can they give you details of other clients who you can contact direct for a recommendation

Today stinks!! I mean that in every sense of the word, a load of crap I really didn't need on top of the load of crap that got dumped on me yesterday :rolleyes: and then theres the smells .... started off when I got to work walked into my office to be greeted by the most overwhelming stench imaginable if smell had colour this was olive green, I couldn't work out what the hell it was, there was this barf triggering awful disgusting odour mixed in with a very powerful chemically pine scented air freshener smell - it was like walking into a solid wall of pong :sick01: I sat at my desk and the smell got worse so I went looking for the source thinking maybe Daisy had pooed in the office and they had either not picked it up or done a very good job of cleaning it, but the smell was far far worse than any dog pooey smell - then I got hit in the face by a fine wet mist of pine scented air freshener :grrr: and discovered they'd set up one of these goes off every 5 mins aerosols at face height on the bookshelf. :rolleyes: I went back to my desk but every 5 mins got hit by this mist so turned it off as it was giving me a headache ... only to find that the really powerful bad smell got worse and worse and worse until I was gagging :barf: eventually I had to go stand outside trying to clear the taste/smell of it from my head, which I ended up having to do about every 30 mins or so when I couldn't stand it any longer. The family came home and apologised for the smell which they think is a dead rat in the wall in front of my desk, the smell is getting in because theres a hole in the plaster around the telephone access point. How I made it through this morning without throwing up is beyond me, I drove home with all the car windows open desperately trying to get the smell out of my nostrils ...and then I walked into MY house .... to be met with yet another incredible stench ... poor Nogster has a tummy upset and there was diarrhoea all over his bed and the rug in the lounge *sighs* what a day ....

Snow

I hope they are going to get someone in to investigate the source of the smell.

Many years ago my father was a headmaster and one of the teachers reported a bad smell in her classroom.

It turned out it was a dead rat under the floorboards and the guy told them that it had hardly started to decay so the smell would not have gone away anytime soon and would have got considerably worse.

These scented fresh air sprays make my eyes stream.

Snow

I hope they are going to get someone in to investigate the source of the smell.

Many years ago my father was a headmaster and one of the teachers reported a bad smell in her classroom.

It turned out it was a dead rat under the floorboards and the guy told them that it had hardly started to decay so the smell would not have gone away anytime soon and would have got considerably worse.

These scented fresh air sprays make my eyes stream.

Oh feck no! No they haven't said anything about getting it investigated - I'm already dreading going in tomorrow as I expect it will be even worse :mecry:

Thank you Snow and Blackmagic for the advice flowers.gif

Yak, Snow I hope the smell situation gets sorted. We had a decomposing rat in our house once - I was blaming Ruby's feet until I found the body - and it is the most nauseatingly awful pong sick01.gif

Well bugger me.... yesterdays load of crap which when combined with todays load of crap really did have the potential to push me beyond my limits and send me running to the Dr for happy pills if I didn't have a total breakdown in the meantime "appears" to have slightly eased off, either something I said got through to the person causing the stress or as I have been told the person I spoke to yesterday was acting unbeknownst to the third party and has been told to back off and mind their own business (I know thats cryptic lol) but either way the potential disasterous consequences hopefully will not materialise.

Thank God for that!

tell them you will work from home while the bad smell is there. if they dont like it, tell them to stay in there for an hour with the doors shut! some people!

Im glad things are being sorted out with the other thing xxx

If there is a decomposing rat it is a health & safety issue, you can't be expected to work in that environment.

My auntie had a very difficult lodger who was a nightmare. Eventually she had a good reason to give him notice, as her son was moving in for a few months. Lodger was furious, and left her a present - a dead rat up the chimney, presumably from the yard where he worked. It was unspeakable.

This is my unexpected labrador Starbuck :wub: At least, he will be officially mine in a week's time if his owner doesn't surface. Not for long though, as he will be signed over to breed rescue. He is starting to put weight back on and get a bit of confidence.

http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_blog.php?dogId=37667

If there is a decomposing rat it is a health & safety issue, you can't be expected to work in that environment.

My auntie had a very difficult lodger who was a nightmare. Eventually she had a good reason to give him notice, as her son was moving in for a few months. Lodger was furious, and left her a present - a dead rat up the chimney, presumably from the yard where he worked. It was unspeakable.

This is my unexpected labrador Starbuck :wub: At least, he will be officially mine in a week's time if his owner doesn't surface. Not for long though, as he will be signed over to breed rescue. He is starting to put weight back on and get a bit of confidence.

http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_blog.php?dogId=37667

Sweet little dog.

Snow It has to be a health issue which your employer cannot ignore. You do seem to get treated as part of the furniture. They need reminding sometimes that you simply sell them some of your time not actually your soul.

http://www.doglost.c...php?dogId=37667

What a babe wub.gif

Morning :tired:

Had a frost here overnight, good job I brought the young climbers in or they'd be curling up their toes.