UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Joyful Jawings

Mommy Bear

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember it being painful at the time - local anaesthetic probably working but when I woke up the next morning I felt like I had been punched.

Not that i have been punched in the jaw but I imagined that is what it would feel like.

My mouth was okay- it was just the bruising of the jaw bone that hurt.

there are certain conditions that give you free prescriptions. well worth having a look, saves pounds.

People who have certain medical conditions

Although there are many conditions requiring regular medication, only the following qualify for an exemption certificate:.

•Treatment for cancer; note this includes treatment for the effects of cancer, or treatment for the effects of a current or previous cancer treatment. (Not available for patients in Scotland.)

•A permanent fistula requiring dressing.

•Forms of hypoadrenalism such as Addison's disease.

•Diabetes insipidus and other forms of hypopituitarism.

•Diabetes mellitus except where treatment is by diet alone.

•Hypoparathyroidism.

•Myxoedema (underactive thyroid) or other conditions where thyroid hormone replacement is necessary.

•Myasthenia gravis.

•Epilepsy requiring continuous anti-convulsive medication.

•A continuing physical disability which means you cannot go out without help from another person.

If you have one of the specified conditions ask for an application form (FP92A England and EC92A Scotland - clearly marked 1 January 2009) from your doctor's surgery. You need to fill it in and your doctor (or an authorised member of the practice staff) will sign to confirm the information you've given is correct. You will then be sent a Medical Exemption Certificate.

If you have a Medical Exemption Certificate all your prescriptions are free, whatever the medication is for

So are you saying being an inmate in Wales is a disability then ? Only we get free prescriptions all the time.

Morning :tired: Took Max to bed last night - big mistake rolleyes.gif

Raining here again, although I have a new found appreciation for it after the snow and cold we've had recently.

Study centre today, then tomorrow and Monday off, although I do have to do a conference call Monday. Tomorrow will be spent cleaning out my smelly car in order that the mechanic doesn't faint when he opens the door on Monday.

sam i hope you have a pain free weekend :flowers:

merledogs i will keep everything crossed it is just the belt on your car and is nice and cheap :flowers:

today i am grumpy..... actually no i am very grumpy :angry: i had a hospital appointment wednesday and to be honest my consultant is a d*ck..... even my mum commented on him, anyway he wasn't there wednesday and i saw the fella who operated on me last time :biggrin: i was very happy, especially when he said "he would see me in 4 weeks" :biggrin: i like this fella, he is very nice and i trust him,he actually tries to help me and has said he will give me a T tube which would hopefully fix me. mail comes this morning...... an appointment for 1 month with my consultant :angry: i will be spending monday ringing the hospital grovelling to the fella i saw on wednesday to see if he will see me instead..... only one problem..... i don't know how the hell you pronounce his name :laugh: i will have to spell it and hope i get the right person :laugh:

So are you saying being an inmate in Wales is a disability then ? Only we get free prescriptions all the time.

Uhm, one could possibly say that, not that I am of course :flowers:

Morning all my gob feels okay which is a huge relief

Missus Murtle how do you feel today ?

I am feeling a little better today thank you, but day three of being confined to bed. Sleeping and sweating...shame I can multi-task so well :rolleyes: I could probably just about cope with each if done on their own...

Good luck with getting the consultant you want Griff.

Jazz - proper licorice is meant to be good for certain tummy problems, but it is a laxative so may make your tummy work too much. The Australian licorice you can buy gives me dreadful tummy cramps.

http://www.springboard4health.com/notebook/herbs_licorice.html

Morning

Glad you're feeling better Sam, but sorry Missus Murtle you are still in bed. Hope you feel better soon :flowers:

I have just gotten up (late night, not just lazy, honest!) and seen the river is completely back up to flood level :rolleyes: Env Agency website says our bridge into town will be out of action within the next two hours so I suppose I should get a shufty on and see if it's open still, though looking at the state of the river here I'd be astonished if it was. Sadly I need to go so it's the long way round for us today. Don't need much but pub's gotta have burgers and I have no mince :ohmy:

Off to prod hubby into action...see you later