UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Joyful Jawings

Mommy Bear

Dentist can see me at 2.30 this afternoon which is fantastic , I am hoping I caught this early ( rather than wait days like last time as I thought it would go away and ) basically my gum is mad sore , swollen and throbbing on the top right hand side but I don't have a toothache

what ever it is I am hoping my lovely dentist ( and she is lovely ) can make me fit to fly in 2 days

woeeeee issss meeeeeeee

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to the doctors and he's done blood tests that came back normal and has given me some "tips" to try and resolve the problem but I seem to like sleeping more than being awake :rolleyes:

I'm very envious of my snoozing dogs right now :tired:

Kitty, could it be the food you are eating? I struggle with certain foods as they put me to sleep.

Some people eat when stressed, some people smoke, I sleep as I can avoid the world :flowers:

(or are you just living up to your name :biggrin: )

What ever the reason, I hope you can find an answer to resolve it

Mxxx

Morning :wavey:

Poor you Missus Murtle, does indeed sound like flu - are you feeling any better yet?

And lots of 'get it sorted please dentist' thoughts going to Sam :flowers:

I am supposed to be tidying the front room so that when our lovely neighbour comes over later to help us plan our first phase flat renovations he is not absolutely horrified with the state of the place :laugh:

ahhh o.k, the serpentine belt is the same as a fan belt on an old car :flowers: it probably just wants tightening up.... 5 minute job :flowers:

Thanks Griff :flowers: I will take it to the garage but it will have to wait until pay day on 27th, so am hoping it lasts me until then :unsure:

what ever it is I am hoping my lovely dentist ( and she is lovely ) can make me fit to fly in 2 days

I hope you get it sorted :GroupHug: If all else fails, you could get one of the Dogstar vets to treat you :laugh:

Later today I collect Reuben :wub: , our new deaf rescue puppy. I am nervous & excited, happy & sad all jumbled together.

Ooo how exciting :pinkie: Don't forget lots and lots of photos :biggrin:

I rang the garage to ask for a quote for a replacement serpentine belt - they'd never heard of it (the site google pointed me to was American). They said it was the alternator belt and to replace it would only cost about £50. Hopefully it is just that and nothing else.

(or are you just living up to your name :biggrin: )

Prehaps I am :laugh:

I fell asleep early last night and slept through my alarm, OHs alarm and dogs getting up :rolleyes: it was half ten before I eventually woke up!

:GroupHug: I hope you're feeling better soon

Hope the dentist goes well Sam :flowers:

Very exciting news about Reuben's arrival :biggrin: looking forward to pics.

Thanks Griff :flowers: I will take it to the garage but it will have to wait until pay day on 27th, so am hoping it lasts me until then :unsure:

google your make and model of car and serpentine belt and either how to change or adjust it.... you will probably find loads of info and possibily a youtube vid... if you were feeling adventurous :biggrin:

kittycat has the doctor done a water test? several years ago i was really sleepy and as soon as i was out of bed i was asleep again, i had a Strep A water infection

Whizzie looking forward to piccies

Sam i hope you get sorted quickly :biggrin:

Later today I collect Reuben :wub: , our new deaf rescue puppy. I am nervous & excited, happy & sad all jumbled together.

looking forward to seeing more of Reuben wub.gif

I hope you get it sorted :GroupHug: If all else fails, you could get one of the Dogstar vets to treat you :laugh:

lordy I hope not , dental is not an area that they really offer and we don't have any equipment ohmy.gif I can get pain killers and antibiotics from our pharmaceutical supplier in Sri Lanka if needed

I had an abscess on my leg drained by one of the elephant vets before , all went well till he punched my calf muscle with the same force he uses on elephants and I nearly passed out.....

Exciting news about Reuben, Whizzie. You'll be fine, and so will he. :wink:

Sam, I meant to ask re floods in Sri Lanka (I think?) For various reasons my ability to keep up with world news in the last couple of weeks has been dire, but I'm sure I heard about it - once - as oppose to Australia, every day! Which I suspect means that if it is happening just means that the decision makers feel it has less pulling power than Australia. :unsure: Just don't want you getting wet out there - oh, and most importantly, no hurty toothies/mouth. Does oil of cloves help poorly mouths as well as toothache?

Sam, I meant to ask re floods in Sri Lanka (I think?) For various reasons my ability to keep up with world news in the last couple of weeks has been dire, but I'm sure I heard about it - once - as oppose to Australia, every day! Which I suspect means that if it is happening just means that the decision makers feel it has less pulling power than Australia. :unsure: Just don't want you getting wet out their — oh, and most importantly, no hurty toothies/mouth. Does oil of cloves help poorly mouths as well as toothache?

there is less coverage overall of the Sri Lankan floods than the Australia ones so its easy to miss out , the rains this Monsoon session are far heavier and prolonged ( normally January is very dry ) estimates are that over a million people have been dispatched and 1/5th of the countries rice paddy is now flooded ( rice is the staple food source in Sri Lanka ) the army is becoming involved in the distribution of food

We have been using this map to keep an eye on events, the areas most affected are the eastern district which was heavily damaged by the tsunami and also the war

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=209106781059924152516.000499a844a170c763b27&source=embed&ll=7.661997,80.326538&spn=2.727234,4.921875&z=8&iwloc=000499aa4bb769f510b56

areas affected are getting closer to us ( about 1 hour drive ) and our area was flooded on a small scale in Nov/Dec totally overwhelming our drainage at the House/Clinic and we are hoping the local river does not burst its banks again

I love water, it's beautiful and life sustaining and is one of my most favourite things on the planet. I love looking at it, listening to it, drinking it and swimming in it (that sounds rather odd I know) but I have a healthy respect for it and the the damage and devastation it can cause :(

Edited by merledogs

Purple_mog - four nutty collies...hope you are having a fun time with them

Sam I can only imagine that you would rather have passed out with that pain from the abcess resolution!

Good luck with car fixing merley one.

I have just woken up again. Wonder how long for this time. I will batter the next person that comes into work with germs. It's generally one of two people, and this time I am really :mecry: I worked last weekend to get on par with my work, which now feels for nothing as two days in bed and meetings cancelled means next week will be a nightmare.

woe woe and thrice woe