UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Joyful Jawings

Mommy Bear

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back from the study centre - we got let off early for good behaviour :laugh: I was teacher's pet and because I was volunteered to do lots of editing of essays and typing of answers over the past couple of weeks, the tutor gave me a bottle of wine as a thanks. I didn't have the heart to tell him I don't drink red wine :laugh:

RMF : My car was making the noise this morning, but by the time I got to the study centre 45 miles away, it had stopped :unsure: I wonder if it was screeching still because I had put too much WD40 on it, which was making the slippage worse. I read on Google that you should only use a small squirt of it, whereas I'd used loads. I will see how it goes tomorrow, but think I will pop to the garage Monday morning anyway, just to be on the safe side.

sam i hope you have a pain free weekend :flowers:

merledogs i will keep everything crossed it is just the belt on your car and is nice and cheap :flowers:

today i am grumpy..... actually no i am very grumpy :angry: i had a hospital appointment wednesday and to be honest my consultant is a d*ck..... even my mum commented on him, anyway he wasn't there wednesday and i saw the fella who operated on me last time :biggrin: i was very happy, especially when he said "he would see me in 4 weeks" :biggrin: i like this fella, he is very nice and i trust him,he actually tries to help me and has said he will give me a T tube which would hopefully fix me. mail comes this morning...... an appointment for 1 month with my consultant :angry: i will be spending monday ringing the hospital grovelling to the fella i saw on wednesday to see if he will see me instead..... only one problem..... i don't know how the hell you pronounce his name :laugh: i will have to spell it and hope i get the right person :laugh:

My hospital appointments always have the name of the consultant on them buy you don't necessarily see him.

Sometimes he is not there at all, only the registrar, other times it is both but they pick their cases.

Jann wanted to be my friend on facebook. Now she comes highly recommended have accepted most graciously.

Have been studying and am part way through my 2nd assignment which I'll send off tomorrow.

Have a migraine trying to get me so am being careful. Have just been out with Fergus. Saw 2 spaniels from afar and that was our lot. It's getting windy out there.

Good luck San and hope things settle down quickly Liz.

I hardly ever saw consultants on my hospital visits. Hope you finally get sorted by someone who knows what they're doing Griff. :GroupHug:

My hospital appointments always have the name of the consultant on them buy you don't necessarily see him.

Sometimes he is not there at all, only the registrar, other times it is both but they pick their cases.

I hardly ever saw consultants on my hospital visits. Hope you finally get sorted by someone who knows what they're doing Griff. :GroupHug:

i always see the consultant.... never a registrar or SHO , usually i would be greatful for that but i don't trust the consultant and i don't like him :angry: the man on wednesday was dead nice and listened to me and explained things and actually gave me 2 treatment options, i know if i had seen the consultant he would have just sent me away again :angry: i will make a call on monday and ask to see the same man again, if they say no i will go and get a referal from my GP, i don't see the point in seeing the consultant again,it is a waste of my time and my GPs time too as he ends up putting me right 2 days later.

ooooooo who are you visiting sanroscot?

Seriously weird moment tuime

In Rock Band / Guitar Hero games, you can customise the musician that appears on screen playing your instrument? Choose his hair, face, clothes etc, so it sort of looks like you in the game.

Anyway, Mark is seriously into Rock Band at the mo, and has customised his bloke to look, I assume, as Mark sort of thinks he would like to look. And it's my dad. Seriously. My dad, circa 1979. White tshirt, black beard, same hair, same eyes. My Dad was a keen amateur musician...

My Dad died when I was 15, and Mark never met him and has only seen a couple of rather blurry photos, so has no idea. I can't decide whether to tell him or not... It is giving me a major attack of the weirds. :ohmy:

Seriously weird moment tuime

In Rock Band / Guitar Hero games, you can customise the musician that appears on screen playing your instrument? Choose his hair, face, clothes etc, so it sort of looks like you in the game.

Anyway, Mark is seriously into Rock Band at the mo, and has customised his bloke to look, I assume, as Mark sort of thinks he would like to look. And it's my dad. Seriously. My dad, circa 1979. White tshirt, black beard, same hair, same eyes. My Dad was a keen amateur musician...

My Dad died when I was 15, and Mark never met him and has only seen a couple of rather blurry photos, so has no idea. I can't decide whether to tell him or not... It is giving me a major attack of the weirds. :ohmy:

Tell him, its only a pretend image to him but if its upsetting you then its real enough to mention flowers.gif