UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Joyful Jawings

Mommy Bear

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not keeping up - again. I've not been sleeping so have tred keeping off the t'Internet to see it it helped. It hasn't. Also life the universe and everything is getting in the way a bit.

Lots of :GroupHug: :GroupHug: for those in need.

I must try harder, I must try harder, I must try harder to keep up. :rolleyes:

Morning :tired: Woke up at 3.30, got up to let the dogs out - Max had already pizzed so he went in the crate. Got back to sleep about 6, alarm went off at 6.30 :tired:

Amy, hope today goes as well as these things can be expected to go :GroupHug:

Congrats Julia :flowers:

Henry Honda has been making a funny noise for a few days now and I really can't afford to get him fixed at the moment :( I am going to put some oil in to see if that works, but if not then I may have to find another way to get to work.

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: Amy.... thinking of you today :flowers:

:GroupHug: spins

lesley...very glad the horses have been reunited with their owner

well done Gemstone :flowers:

Merledogs... what type of noise is it??

got laney checked at the vets..... the emergency vet is a div :angry: he has virtually no plaque on his teeth so a dental would be completely unecessary :rolleyes: we are going to keep an eye on him to see if the tooth needs to come out but other than that he seems fine :biggrin:

:GroupHug: Amy

Great news griff :flowers:

I feel washed out today ... the past 2 nights around about the same time I've gotten very hot wasn't too bad the first night but last night I felt like I was on fire. I ended up turning off the heating and opening all the windows upstairs, I sit right next to one so I was hoping that the cold night air would cool me down... it didn't, so then I took Nog into the garden around 11pm and I stood in the rain in a sleevless vest and pj bottoms and still felt hot - Nog went in long before I did for once :laugh: came back in and decided to go to bed ... that was a mistake even just laying on top of the coversI just felt that I was getting hotter andf hotter and my feet & ankles were really hurting and burning so I ended up going and soaking a hand towel in cold water and draping it over my feet and calves. I've been googling hot flushes but that suggests that they only last around 30 mins at a time ...this was a couple of hours ...and whilst my face, neck and chest did feel like they were really hot it was my ankles and feet which were burning the most and those aren't mentioned in the symptoms so feck knows what it was/is.

Snow - could it be menopause?

I lifted the bonnet on the car this morning, poured more oil in (even though it didn't need it) and then turned the engine over. The noise was coming from a fanbelt type thing (although it wasn't rubber, it was metal :unsure: ), so I sprayed it with copious amounts of WD40 and the noise went away :biggrin:

Snow - could it be menopause?

I lifted the bonnet on the car this morning, poured more oil in (even though it didn't need it) and then turned the engine over. The noise was coming from a fanbelt type thing (although it wasn't rubber, it was metal :unsure: ), so I sprayed it with copious amounts of WD40 and the noise went away :biggrin:

Ah yes my fan belt squeals from time to time especially on a damp morning and WD40 cures it straight away :biggrin:

I think it could well be menopause I'm 48 so it's definately something thats going to happen one of these days :rolleyes: I was tested a while back and was told I wasn't premenopausal but thinking back that was at least 3 years ago now so I suppose lots of things could have changed in the meantime. I've just found a menopause forum and there are lots of women there talking about burning and painful feet so it seems like it could be a symptom after all - I dunno I just assumed I'd know because my periods would change first but those are like clockwork :rolleyes: tho hmmmmm I did think this last one had gone on a bit longer than usual even asked hubby if he could remember which day I'd said was day 1 cos I had it in my head my last day would have been last Thursday and it ended up being Sunday ..... hmmmmmm

:tired: morning

I'm trying not to sleep so much as lately I've been notching upto 15 to 18hrs a night :wacko: I've had about 7 hours sleep the past three nights but I kept falling asleep yesterday despite being up, out and active. I'm resisting the desire to fill myself full of caffeine but I'm struggling to keep my eyes open today :tired:

Snow - I don't think the test they do to tell if you are perimenopausal is very accurate - I've read somewhere that it's a bit hit and miss. It does sound like the hot flushes that everyone describes (and if it is the start of your menopause I am v jealous cos I can't wait to stop having periods) :flowers:

ermmm

is a symptom of ther menapause, not having periods? I havent had one since october :unsure:

Yup most dfefinately a symptom - doesnt mean they are gone for good tho apparently. :wacko:

Snow - I don't think the test they do to tell if you are perimenopausal is very accurate - I've read somewhere that it's a bit hit and miss. It does sound like the hot flushes that everyone describes (and if it is the start of your menopause I am v jealous cos I can't wait to stop having periods) :flowers:

I'll be honest Alex I'm the same I want mine gone gone goneeee but I could happily not have the horrid burny feet thing either :laugh: it really did feel like my feet were in a fire and I could NOT cool down, when I put the wet towel on them I was half expecting it to hiss and steam come off it :wacko: been doing a lot of reading on menopause this morning - it's amazing really that as a woman I thought I knew a lot about it - turns out I don't (should put that in the other thread perhaps lol) I'm being cautious about reading too much into things and convincing myself I have something that I don't but theres been a few OOOHHHHHHH moments reading other womens experiences and recognising stuff thats been happening to me off and on, such as

low grade a throbbing continuous headache that I'd dismissed as too much time on the pc, or eye strain reading in poor light with a cataract, blood pressure, too many fags, too much coke etc.etc. the tingling in my fingers and boobs...dismissed as weird but nothing to worry about LOL the fact that my right hip has started to click a bit and hurts like feck when I try and put socks on... totally dismissed by me as me needing to lose a bit of weight or maybe just getting a bit older... similarily being really stiff first thing in the morning and walking round like an old woman ...dismissed as being my age/weight/sleeping in one position for too long... but every single one of those are menopause symptoms I never knew about! I honestly thought that to be even perimenopausal meant irregular periods... the biggest thing I learned today was that in fact perimenopause starts when your periods are regular!

I don't watch a lot of telly but as I am sitting in waiting for a parcel I thought I would watch This Morning whilst sorting out my emails

was expecting a cookery slot and a section on high street fashion but instead they were interviewing 2 couples who go to swinging parties !

daytime telly has come on rather since the days of good morning with Anne and Nick laugh.gif