UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Joyful Jawings

Mommy Bear

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow Eve how exciting! Thrilled to bits for you, although gutted I probably won't get to meet you now. :flowers:

You can always come to France for a holiday :biggrin: Though it's not hot and sunny south of France so you might not want to. But you'll be very welcome if you do. And I'll be back to the UK regularly to see family so perhaps we can arrange something. Now all I have to do is learn French properly :biggrin:

Ooh, Sophie kinsella is ace! Which one is it you have?

Just got in from work, finished late as my pre reg (not yet qualified optician), finished her last eye test late. However she and a few others were going out for wine after work. Had an ace time, didn't want come home, but was feeling a bit pizzled, so got the earlier train home!!

Eve, I wish you the best for your move :flowers:

Our temperamental central heating has finally gone kaput. It's the controls, I'm certain. The timer has always had a mind of its own, turning on and off at random but behaving perfectly when the engineer was here :angry: It is now permanently off and can no longer be turned on at the boiler itself. Good thing a different engineer/plumber is booked to visit on Tues. Meanwhile we have coal fire and fan heaters, and there is always hot water via the electric shower. Just wondering whether to have a fan heater in the chilly bedroom tonight or lug a mattress into the living room so that Polly and I can share the coal fire with Wispa.

Morning :tired:

Appointment went well although was a bit draining but I am going to be referred on somewhere else for a full day of tests, providing they can get the funding for it.

Sorry about your hot stuff Owl flowers.gif

Eve, how luffly, I am jealous flowers.gif

Jayne, glad you had a nice time flowers.gif

Pay day today thank feck, it's been five weeks.

Edited by merledogs

Eve that is very exciting stuff :biggrin:

Hope you managed to keep the owl residence warm and the heating is fixed soon :flowers:

Glad your meeting was ok Alex, hope they sort whatever it is soon :flowers:

I am contemplating taking the ginger boy out for a wander today for the first time since they removed a chunk of my brain and messed with my motorskills - as he pulls like a train for the first 10mins this could be amusing :unsure:

Eve that is very exciting stuff :biggrin:

Hope you managed to keep the owl residence warm and the heating is fixed soon :flowers:

Glad your meeting was ok Alex, hope they sort whatever it is soon :flowers:

I am contemplating taking the ginger boy out for a wander today for the first time since they removed a chunk of my brain and messed with my motorskills - as he pulls like a train for the first 10mins this could be amusing :unsure:

You need a skateboard and a harness

eeek - 2 more days at work and then I'm done! My choice, had a chance of (very :laugh: ) early retirement and took it. Moving to France next weekend - scary stuff, but exciting too.

Good for you. Life is too short not to grab tha chances

Eve, I wish you the best for your move :flowers:

Our temperamental central heating has finally gone kaput. It's the controls, I'm certain. The timer has always had a mind of its own, turning on and off at random but behaving perfectly when the engineer was here :angry: It is now permanently off and can no longer be turned on at the boiler itself. Good thing a different engineer/plumber is booked to visit on Tues. Meanwhile we have coal fire and fan heaters, and there is always hot water via the electric shower. Just wondering whether to have a fan heater in the chilly bedroom tonight or lug a mattress into the living room so that Polly and I can share the coal fire with Wispa.

Owl, I have two small fan heaters which are pretty powerful, and a plug in oil filled one...you are welcome to borrow any or all! just let me know, I could bring them on Saturday.

Owl, I have two small fan heaters which are pretty powerful, and a plug in oil filled one...you are welcome to borrow any or all! just let me know, I could bring them on Saturday.

I have a useful fan heater but will take you up on loan offer re oil-filled rad, thank you!

The heating decided to come on again at 11.30 pm last night and didn't switch off until morning, so we had a nice warm night. Since then it has been running as long as the fancy takes it before cutting out and needing switching off and on again at boiler.