UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Random Merry Fumblings

merledogs

So sorry Sam :GroupHug:

Alex, have you asked your doctor for something to help you sleep? I was regularly waking up at just gone 2 every night...lying awake for around two hours, drifting off for about half an hour then staying awake until morning, it was exhausting. I went to the doc and she gave me a scrip for Temazepan, just two weeks supply as she said it's very addictive, just to get me out of the habit. They haven't got me sleeping right through the night, but they have improved things.

Morning :tired: Bluddy woke up at 4 again. Didn't look at the clock but tossed and turned and couldn''t get back to sleep, so eventually looked at the clock and it was 5. Reckon I'd been awake for about an hour by that point, which means I woke at 4 again. Any suggestions for getting out of this pattern would be very welcome :flowers: Once I break up for Christmas next Wednesday, it probably won't happen until I go back to work on 4th January.

I don't think so, because it has that fresh hot pee smell in the morning (you know what I mean). I took him to bed last night cos I couldn't be bothered to get the crate out of the car (was bedtime when I remembered). He had peed when I got home from work as well, which doesn't normally happen :angry:

My mother woke up during the night every night. The doctor told her the worst thing to do was to lie there trying to go back to sleep. The best thing to do was accept it, get up and make a cup of tea, drink it and go back to sleep.

She did this every night. But, she woke my dad up ( who had no problem sleeping) to have a cup of tea with her.

Has Max had a vet check for his peeing? There may be an underlying medical reason such as Diabetes or kidney problems.

My 12 year old dallie was peeing in the house but his urine and blood checks were fine. He can't hold it longer than 3 hours without peeing and then it is a flood, so we have to make sure he can go regularly.

Fortunately, he manages to go all night but he needs to be let out as soon as he wakes in the morning so it is out of bed and straight through to let him out.

If he wakes during the night he will need out but he does bark to waken us. We just have to be quick.

Suzanne - thanks for the advice, but I don't really want to go down that route as I'd probably be half asleep all day (no change there then) :flowers:

Blackmagic - it's only when I'm not with Max that he does it. If he comes to bed he's dry all night, and if I'm in the living room with him all day, I have to get him out of his slumber to take him out, so I really don't think it's anything like that :flowers:

S

Owl, are you ok after your fall? How did you manage it, is it still slippery there? We got up the hill to my daughter's place last weekend to feed her cats and do the litter trays, but if it snows again we might not make it this one.

I might be able to get over to your daughter's place on foot if you are stuck. I was not hurt by the fall, had several layers of heavy clothes on. It wasn't even ice, it was idiocy. Go in door, unlace boots, phone rings, answer phone, Wispa wants out urgently, put lead on and go out of door forgetting laces are undone.

Snowing hard here :angry: It's a bit soggy but likely to freeze tonight so am off out quickly to do a homecheck and grab one or two bits and pieces .

Sorry to hear the news of Gracie :flowers:

Have read back but lost all my quotes so :flowers: :GroupHug: to everyone.

I'm back from a very quickly rearranged trip to Wales and back to do the pressie exchange and see both mums before Xmas, we had intended going today as MIL is off to Tenerife tomorrow but we had been keeping a wary eye on the forecasts and decided that we'd rather go down and back before the snow arrived. So we went down last night, stayed over at MIL's & we were at my mothers 7:30am this morning and got home about an hour ago.

we have snow but it won't settle as it was raining about 2 seconds before the snow started.

my blood is boiling... i am so angry :angry: my dogs were set upon a while ago by a dog whose owner was too busy on the phone to watch the dog... turns out the dog has a nasty streak and my 2 aren't the first it has attacked...one dog was left quite badly hurt and her owners with a hoooge bill, saw the woman who walks the dog today...no lead for the dog, not paying attention and on the s*dding phone again! both of mine have issues with dogs (my oldie staff isn't too bad) but neither go near other dogs...both just want to be with me, if i see another dog approaching i ask it's owners to call it away and if not i pop mine on the lead and move them away. how hard is it to be considerate of others especially if your dog is a biter :angry: i reckon the lad who owns the dog will lose it at this rate

Thank you all for the lovely messages flowers.gif I have started a thread for Gracie in doggie chat and GS will add some bits to it when she feels able in a few days time

I do have some good news , I have had more feedback on my potential new job , rates have been all but agreed ( just need one more persons agreement ) and I am meeting 2 of my potential new colleagues in London next week. Its still not signed and sealed but its getting close

Thank you all for the lovely messages flowers.gif I have started a thread for Gracie in doggie chat and GS will add some bits to it when she feels able in a few days time

I do have some good news , I have had more feedback on my potential new job , rates have been all but agreed ( just need one more persons agreement ) and I am meeting 2 of my potential new colleagues in London next week. Its still not signed and sealed but its getting close

well done :biggrin: :biggrin: i will keep everything crossed for you :biggrin:

That sounds great Sam, fingers crossed here too :flowers:

Being too late for online shopping and too lazy to go to the 3D shops, I want to make some pine cone firelighters (you dip them in melted wax) for a friend who has just got a wood burning stove. Google gave me this cheery prediction: Melting wax may sound like an easy task, but one must keep safety in mind and do it right, or risk ending up with a big mess.

That will be me later then :biggrin:

ooo ggoowwdddd

I was going to be strong when a rescue rang to foster ...

got a 4 month old jack russell coming in an hour! if you know anyone that might be interested in her, im in harlow. shes from a local rescue so homechecks and donations required