UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Random Merry Fumblings

merledogs

To anyone who needs one for whatever reason :GroupHug:

Norty Max. Alex, do you think you might sleep better when he's in his crate and you know you don't have to have an ear cocked for him wanting to go out :unsure:

Hope so. I would love to take him to bed but he is such a fidget - he wakes up in the early hours and decides that he needs to be right in front of me (I sleep on my side facing away from him) so gets off the bed, plods around it and jumps on me for a cuddle, then squirms on his back and goes all wriggly squiggly :rolleyes: :wub:

Just wondering whether I could put a crate in the bedroom instead of downstairs. Might try that one night when I'm off, so it won't matter if I have interrupted sleep or not.

RMF: Will see how the meeting goes with my black-hearted, power freak, micro-managing boss, but I may be about to resign from my part time job this morning. And in the teeth of the recession too. Gulp :ohmy: All the silliness at work is just doing my head in and I am not putting up with it.

Hope you get it sorted :flowers:

Karen - pleased your mum is doing better :flowers:

have been asked to submit my rates now , ooh lord my nerves are in pieces because nothing is for real untill I have a offer in writing

Ooooh, how exciting. Am holding my breath! I'm probably teaching my granny to suck eggs, but it might be worth mentioning that those are your standard rates, but they are negotiable :flowers: As a buyer, it's certainly something which has worked on me a few times because it gives a bit of leeway rather than dismissing a supplier out of hand.

Good luck HLGS, you deserve some. :flowers:

Pointers can be destructive, I know from experience :rolleyes:

Having lost beds, carpets, furniture, cameras, mobile phones etc, actually the list is endless. Over the years its cost us a damn fortune. They need company almost 24 hours a day until about 5 years old, then they start to grow up. It sounds like a boredom problem, no-one at home "I'm bored, lets have some fun". Kongs etc have never worked with any I've had, they just end up in little bits like anything else they can get their teeth into.

Sorry I'm not helping, but tell your friend they are the most loving, loyal dogs you could wish for. Just for that I have forgiven my pointers past and present everything. :)

I've just been stood in the garden with the dogs doing wees, checking on rabbits etc and I could hear music. I wondered where it was coming from and then I realised it was 'Merry Christmas Everyone' by Slade and it was being played into the playground of the infant school at the bottom of the road. The sound of 250 kids singing the chorus at the top of their voices was lovely and brought a tear to my eye :rolleyes: Who'd of thought such an awful song could provoke such a response? :laugh: They've been having their Christmas dinner today and it's good to know they're having a good time :santa:

Question about 'out of control' wire haired pointer :wacko: Someone i was chatting to took a 16mth old one on 4mths ago and basically hes wrecking their house big time. He eats handbags , shoes, tarmac :ohmy: furniture and anything he can get hold off. Apparently hes a loving dog but just destroys everything in sight. They work [the woman does school hours]and go home at lunchtime , the dog has kongs etc but nothing seems to work. To me it sounds as if its the wrong dog for them , i dont know how much exercise he gets although i know he goes out daily. They're lovely people but at their wits end with the vandalism. Is this normal for the breed and any ideas what to do?

Pointers are not my favourite dog for this reason. Without being indelicate, Ive seen an owner bitten and bullied by one. Can I suggest you put them in contact with Dibs as she has them bang to rights and will do a phone consult if neccessary

http://www.safepets.co.uk

RMF: Will see how the meeting goes with my black-hearted, power freak, micro-managing boss, but I may be about to resign from my part time job this morning. And in the teeth of the recession too. Gulp All the silliness at work is just doing my head in and I am not putting up with it.

Hope all goes Well :flowers:

hopefully going to fetch the crimbo tree tonight it is a pop up one with all the decorations already attached..... i despise having to faff with the tree, lights and decorations

Where are you getting it from? Sounds ideal to me :biggrin:

:GroupHug: whizzie

Glad your mum is improving Karen :flowers:

Fingers crossed for you Sam :flowers:

Good luck Val :unsure:

Well, I have been out of the house for the first time since Friday

:partytime: Still not 100%, but I want to get back to work tomorrow.

We heard today that Keith's brother-in-law is in hospital undergoing tests. he's 71 and always been fit as a fiddle, so it's a bit of a shock all round. Theories so far are Gall stones or Pancreas problems. Fingers crossed he's going to be ok.

Houndzrus it is from tesco, order online collect instore....bloody reduced now! paid £20 the other day

http://direct.tesco.com/search/default.aspx?search=pop+up+xmas+tree&confirm.x=49&confirm.y=6

i looooove slades merry christmas....even though i am not keen on xmas :laugh: reminds me of being very very drunk on several occassions... usually followed by being barred with my workmates :laugh:

there does seem to be a lot of poorly people and relatives at the moment :GroupHug:

My friend had a Wire Haired Pointer and he had to be kept in the porch when they were out as he was so destructive when left alone, my friend didn't work so he was on his own for only a few hours at a time, he was eventually re-homed to the RAF to be trained as a sniffer dog, at which he excelled.

I spent 40 min's in the field this afternoon doing roll reversal with the dogs, seems frozen rabbit trottles are very delicious but my dog's are carp at finding them, so the three dogs had me trotting about the field going " there's one " laugh.gif.

Thanks everyone for the good wishes , as time zones are involved we are not expecting any feedback today ( well not today here anyway ! )

Ooooh, how exciting. Am holding my breath! I'm probably teaching my granny to suck eggs, but it might be worth mentioning that those are your standard rates, but they are negotiable :flowers: As a buyer, it's certainly something which has worked on me a few times because it gives a bit of leeway rather than dismissing a supplier out of hand.

any and all advice gratefully received flowers.gif . I did put in it was negotiable ( as part of a package ) so hopefully that will work in my favour

We heard today that Keith's brother-in-law is in hospital undergoing tests. he's 71 and always been fit as a fiddle, so it's a bit of a shock all round. Theories so far are Gall stones or Pancreas problems. Fingers crossed he's going to be ok.

Healing thoughts being sent to you and Keith's BIL :GroupHug:

Neighbour who had a stroke is home again now. We aren't sure if he remembers what happens, but will see how he goes.

Hope his recovery is swift :flowers:

RMF : I am rather loving my new door curtain :wub: Not everybody's cup of tea I'm sure, but I think it's gorjuss.

P1030216.jpg

P1030218.jpg

Edited by merledogs

Evening

I agree with the comments re the GWP. They're Hunt point retrievers so have loads of stamina, need lots of attention, exercise and don't like to be left. Especially if their an only dog. They are wonderful dogs in the right hands and well worth the effort. But not everyone has the lifestyle that they need and can imagine how bad things are. 16 month old is going to be completely potty and testing them.

Such a lot of posts which is nice to see.

Jules I'm sorry about your friend's ex and I hope the meeting has gone ok. :GroupHug:

Sam hope this job comes off. :flowers:

Helly we'll be expecting piccies

Karen pleased to hear your mum is improving. :GroupHug:

Marge sorry to hear about poorly relative :GroupHug:

Lots of these to all that need them :GroupHug:

Alex could Max be doing his tinkle as soon as you go upstairs?

Hoping to do my Xmas cards tonight.