UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Random Merry Fumblings

merledogs

:wub: max in his crate

:wub: millie

trallwm farm :laugh: that did make me laugh, it is something my nan would have done

Snow do you think you MIL's phone is off as she is boarding the plane? (do you still need to turn phones off...it's years since i went on a plane)

i am very grumpy..... the snow has come back and is settling, i had an afternoon of creativity planned creating a gift, the lad who was collecting me isn't too confident at driving in snow and said if the weather was bad we would have to cancel :mecry: i can't even use public transport as my mum has just called me to say they have stopped the buses.... there isn't much snow :rolleyes: so now i have a day of listening to hammering and banging from next door :mecry:

Morning

Griff how's your dad?

Oh my word Millie is a puppy version of Scooby. Can we see some more pics please. :wub: Do the rescue know what mix she is?

We've had a titchy bit of snow and hailstones. Wellies for walkies required.

Apparently we're expecting a delivery today. Fergus is doing his usual trick of barking like mad every now and then making me whizz to the front door. :angry:

Yup MIL's phone was off until they got to the gate - she rang to say she was boarding! Yayyyyyyy and I've just checked the airport board and it shows her plane as departed :biggrin: apprently it was a nightmare journey to the airport but at least she got there and has escaped the snow.

Meantime I just had another phone call which has set me all of a wibbly doo dah all over again :rolleyes: :laugh: I've been offered a chance to switch hospitals to have my eye surgery much sooner - it will now be at a brand new purpose built treatment centre rather than at the big hospital, I'll meet the consultant for my preop meeting and he'll be the same one that actually does the operation, it looks a fabulous place and best of all free parking! Now for the wibbly bit ... instead of the op being end of April/May time it will be as soon as early Jan for my preop meeting with surgery end of Jan/beginning Feb *gulp*.

Morning

Griff how's your dad?

he is not too bad thankyou :flowers: i took him to the hospital a couple of weeks ago and the consultant ran through the results of his tests (cameras both ways), they couldn't see anything that would account for the amaemia which they are adament is coming from a bleed somewhere, he did have a few small ulcers (like mouth ulcers..tiny things) at the start of his bowel but they didn't think they were the cause... soooooo they have decided to give him an MRI scan to see if that shows any inflammation in his bowel, if that shows nothing they have said they will probably give him a Pill Cam...... he was most narked by that and said why didn't they just give him that to begin with...he would have happily paid for it. his blood has now gone back to normal thanks to the high doses of iron but if he misses doses you can tell straight away as he starts being tired and grouchy again :rolleyes: he is very annoyed that he will have to go and see the gp regularly and have regular blood tests (he doesn't do needles)

Snow can you go and meet the guy and see what you think and if you don't like him then revert back to the original plan? i prefer to see the person who is doing the op...last 2 ops i have had has been done by somebody other than the consultant :rolleyes:

I don't see why not - but tbh I like the idea of having the same guy I meet whereas at GWH that wasn't necessarily going to be the case - also whats good about the new treatrment centre is they are far more geared up to private patients, and whilst this op for my bad eye is on the NHS I am seriously considering paying privately to have my "good" eye done as well at a later date I may also price up multi-focus lens implants which would mean I would not even need glasses for reading! Though I suspect thats going to be totally out of my price range. I'll also need a quick appointment with the optician after I meet the surgeon to sort out getting a contact lens for my "good" eye which I'll need for after the surgery so I can actually see :laugh:

Ooh Jazz, she's gorgeous :wub:

Snow, what operation are you having? I must have missed something if you posted about it. The last I can remember is the posterior thingummy detachment, and possibly a cataract I think :unsure: You're braver than me, the very thought of a sharp implement near my eyes *shudders*

If there are any cat people around I'm a bit desperate for advice, have put a thread in Cats and other animals section. Thanks :flowers:

Edited by JulesB

Phew just finished my online Tesco shop for Xmas - I was one of the fortunate ones who got a xmas delivery slot so I've ordered all the booze and heavy stuff inc the turkey to be delivered which means when we go do the 3am xmas eve shop in store (family tradition) I only have to get the short use by date stuff and the stuff we fancy as we go round and anything we cant get then hubby can go off and look for in other stores during xmas eve whilst I'm prepping the turkey and veg :biggrin:

Does anyone know if Vodka goes off? I know thats a daft question for a fugee :laugh: but we have discovered an unopened bottle of Vodka at the very back of the cupboard which has a sell by date of 2003! :ohmy: I don't want to chuck it out and buy another if its still OK.

Ooh Jazz, she's gorgeous :wub:

Snow, what operation are you having? I must have missed something if you posted about it. The last I can remember is the posterior thingummy detachment, and possibly a cataract I think :unsure: You're braver than me, the very thought of a sharp implement near my eyes *shudders*

If there are any cat people around I'm a bit desperate for advice, have put a thread in Cats and other animals section. Thanks :flowers:

I'm having the cataract removed and replaced with a mono focal lens implant - the PVD has now "completed" and the cataract whilst it hasn't grown any larger and hasn't reduced my vision any further according to the barrage of tests I just had IS however rather getting on my nerves now and starting to impact upon my daily life - I've totally given up driving in the dark unless I absolutely positively can't avoid it - I can still see and I am legally allowed to drive (passed the field vision test with no problems) BUT I personally don't like it.

I don't have to have the cataract done, even if I lost the vision totally in that eye I can still drive etc. and of course because I have a tear in the retina in that eye the risks are higher for me having the op then they are for most people which is why I put it off last year, but I'm fed up with it now so went back to ask what the risks were etc and got told that whilst the risks are higher in actual fact I'm living with pretty much the same degree of risk of a detachment whether I had the cataract surgery or not and they can do a "repair" on the tear at the same time as the cataract surgery which might make things a bit more stable. It means the surgery is not quite as straightforward as usual but it's not that uncommon thankfully.

I was given several options, they can replace the lens with one which matches the prescription of my right eye - which means I'm back to the status quo and having to wear glasses the rest of my life or I can opt to have the "bad" eye totally corrected to perfect distance vision but then my "good" eye will stop working :wacko: so I'll need a contact lens for the "good" eye or glasses with only 1 prescription lens and 1 plain glass ORRRRRRRR in 6 months or so time when everything has settled down with the bad eye after surgery and all being well I can elect to have the "good" eye done privately and not have to wear glasses apart from reading ever again! The NHS will only use mono-focal lenses which means they correct for distance and normal daily activities but not reading or I can pay privately for multi-focal lenses which would mean no glasses ever ever again even for reading - obviously thats what I'd love but I suspect that might be a bit on the expensive side. As it is I'm looking at between £1,000 - £3,000 just to have the "good" eye done privately with a mono lens.

I may not have the "good" eye done if I can put up with just 1 contact lens as with the tear issue in the left eye I don't want to risk the "good" eye but on the other hand the thought of not needing glasses the vast majority of the time is very very appealing.

Sophie...good luck with the floor

to be honest snow i haven't a clue..... i know that wine can go a bit iffy if not stored properly but vodka is like "proper" alcohol so i wouldn't have thought so...... would bacteria survive in 40% alcohol? i reckon that useby dates on spirits is like useby dates on bottles of water..pointless! just my opinion of course.

my creative afternoon is back on :biggrin: Mark feels the weather is o.k so he is coming to fetch me :biggrin: