UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Random Merry Fumblings

merledogs

Morning :tired:

Some good news here on Harriet the missing senior lurcher girl. She is definitely alive, she was spotted not far from her home. Paws crossed!

Great news that she's alive. Hope she is home soon flowers.gif

Grandma Squirrel & Gracie are staying with us for a few days as GS hurt her foot very badly when she slipped on her stairs a few weeks ago. Tomorrow I am going to teach her how Facebook works !

Hope GS's foot is better very soon flowers.gif

RMF : I seem to have put a couple of pounds back on this week. I don't know why, I have been really good. I knew I would reach a plateau at some point, so trying not to be discouraged. We are having a working lunch and then going out for a chinese tonight, which I am really not looking forward to, so I will try to be as good as I can.

Hope all poorly folks are feeling better :flowers:

Fingers crossed Harriet is home soon :)

Happy Birthday Lewis :bigparty:

My SIL phoned yesterday evening, she had attempted to turn right across the snow outside our house and got stuck - she is fully mobile and sighted but stupid here had to get her wellies on and do the dash of death across 2 lanes of rush hour traffic to dig her out because she had new boots on and didn't want to ruin them :rolleyes:

My SIL phoned yesterday evening, she had attempted to turn right across the snow outside our house and got stuck - she is fully mobile and sighted but stupid here had to get her wellies on and do the dash of death across 2 lanes of rush hour traffic to dig her out because she had new boots on and didn't want to ruin them :rolleyes:

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Good grief. :rolleyes:

RMF, there is an upside down icicle forming by our back door, where water has dripped off the gutter and frozen!

Edited by cycas

I'm very proud of Talyn - he passed the assessment at our obedience classes last night and now moves up to intermediate. I really wasn't expecting him to since we have had so much trouble with waits and stays - he moves as soon as I even shift my weight.

Well he did, after some work over the last couple of weeks he managed to sit and down for over 15 secs at a time with me also moving away from him. For a dog that basically finds it very hard to be still or do anything below warp speed I'm very pleased.

He is also trying very hard with walking to heel, and will correct himself as he charges ahead, just a shame that it only takes 2 steps before he is ahead and having to correct himself. Still when we started he couldn't even manage to sit to the side of me and I couldn't take half a step without him being way out in front.

He even manages to settle on his mat between exercises which is a really hard thing to do for many dogs not just him. He even manages it when other dogs are up and working around him.

He tries so hard and is so focused. I just love that little man :wub:

Hello, I'm back from two days at my mum's frozen caravan in East Yorkshire. I swear she will freeze to death one night, it was -9 degrees inside the caravan when her boiler broke :ohmy:

Well done Talyn, clever lad :wub:

Absolutely great to hear Harriet the lurcher has been sighted, everything crossed for her being caught soon.

The sighting we thought was Harriet is of a very similar dog who lives near there ... but another sighting has been phoned in which is now being checked out. We are going there tomorrow instead of today, owner has a friend helping her to extend the postering and search area today. Owner has a cast on her foot and is on crutches, just had a foot op.

Poor Harriet's owner must be beside herself with worry.

RMF: Being forced to go to an awards do tonight. Debating whether to just brush the smell of horse out of my hair and ram myself into tights and frock, or have another shower, shave my legs and all that flipping malarkey. I don't even want to go but the boss makes me as she knows how much I hate it. AND I'll be missing corrie :angry: