UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Rambling Mundane Fings

merledogs

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dogstar pudding is the best. We had one last year and were lucky enough to win one this year.

I had one last year and agree they are the BESTEST!

Have another lurking in the cupboard this year, it's the only Christmassy thing I've got round to so far but if there are spares then I'm starting to feel tempted to buy some as Christmas pressies... :biggrin: Or maybe even just to eat, I keep looking at mine... :bigloveye:

I am very cross that I am going to have to pay best part of £30 in postage (both ways) for a tatty pair of curtains that I would never have bought had I known they were faded :angry: I will not pull my punches when I am leaving negative feedback.

watch out cos with the present ebay system you will come off worse with feedback

Ooh, a lot of snow here and it's still coming down. And I don't need to go out anywhere, oh happy day :biggrin:

Are you near Sunderland? Keith was supposed to go and deliver there and stay overnight, but his firm wouldn't risk him going. will be next week now. I was just wondering if it was the right decision, it may be worse next week :unsure:

BIG FAT SALES PITCH

Big fat plug here as its the place most people do still read

Dogstar Christmas Puddings available via the fabbo new Dogstar Shop

http://www.dogstarfoundation.org/shop/christmas-pudding-2010/

later

END OF BIG FAT SALES PITCH

Okay, okay, I give in, just bought one :biggrin:

I am very cross that I am going to have to pay best part of £30 in postage (both ways) for a tatty pair of curtains that I would never have bought had I known they were faded :angry: I will not pull my punches when I am leaving negative feedback.

That's the worst part about ebay, people who just don't tell the truth. :mad:

Trains to Birmingham were good today, but I would have liked to have had a mosey round the German market I passed through on the way to the meeting. I was a bit disturbed by a HUGE santa's head I saw in the distance over the top of the stalls. I never did find out if it had a body! :laugh:

Are you near Sunderland? Keith was supposed to go and deliver there and stay overnight, but his firm wouldn't risk him going. will be next week now. I was just wondering if it was the right decision, it may be worse next week :unsure:

We live quite close to the A1, in Washington, which is part of Sunderland Marge. It's been pretty bad here today, many of the roads have been gridlocked and people have been taking 2-3 hours to do journeys that usually take about 15 minutes. I think his firm made the right choice but like you say, it depends how bad it is next week too. Keith can always stay at mine if he is ever stuck this way, I will turf the cat out of the spare room for him :biggrin:

We live quite close to the A1, in Washington, which is part of Sunderland Marge. It's been pretty bad here today, many of the roads have been gridlocked and people have been taking 2-3 hours to do journeys that usually take about 15 minutes. I think his firm made the right choice but like you say, it depends how bad it is next week too. Keith can always stay at mine if he is ever stuck this way, I will turf the cat out of the spare room for him :biggrin:

Thanks :flowers: it is Washington he is going to. it's good to know there is a place he can get shelter if need be! :biggrin:

I remember a big overnight snowfall in 1990, where I struggled into work, then had to take a woman home with me as she couldn't get home. She didn't get to see her family for three days, even though she only lived on the opposite side of the city to me :rolleyes: My brother-in-law abandoned his van on the M6 and walked up to my house too, bit of a full house that weekend! The local church set up a soup kitchen for all the others stuck on the M6. I hope it doesn't come to that this time :unsure:

Glad your myum is making progress, Karen.

Sorry about piggie, Tikks. Scurry free little chap :GroupHug:

Spins, I will have you know that I really am a little old lady sitting by the fire with a rug over my knees. And considering that I was up at stupid o'clock to get a poundie from Wakefield and haul her down to Nottingham, then spent an hour lopping back some more of the 25 ft tall mutant privet and discovering that a hard hat is freezing to wear, then whizzed through the woods with Wispa, I think I have the right to the rug and armchair. Especially as we are off tracking first thing tomorrow. Tis hard work being an old lady :rolleyes:

The 60s were OK, better than the 50s for a start, but I wouldn't want to go back there. I was more of a beatnik than a hippy, slightly earlier date though the two species coexisted for a while same as Neanderthals and Cro-Magnons. Wonder if anyone here even remembers what beatniks were ... Anyway, before they became extinct I had grown my hair very long so was all ready to fit in with the hippy thing.

Glad your myum is making progress, Karen.

Sorry about piggie, Tikks. Scurry free little chap :GroupHug:

Spins, I will have you know that I really am a little old lady sitting by the fire with a rug over my knees. And considering that I was up at stupid o'clock to get a poundie from Wakefield and haul her down to Nottingham, then spent an hour lopping back some more of the 25 ft tall mutant privet and discovering that a hard hat is freezing to wear, then whizzed through the woods with Wispa, I think I have the right to the rug and armchair. Especially as we are off tracking first thing tomorrow. Tis hard work being an old lady :rolleyes:

The 60s were OK, better than the 50s for a start, but I wouldn't want to go back there. I was more of a beatnik than a hippy, slightly earlier date though the two species coexisted for a while same as Neanderthals and Cro-Magnons. Wonder if anyone here even remembers what beatniks were ... Anyway, before they became extinct I had grown my hair very long so was all ready to fit in with the hippy thing.

:laugh:

Yeah, well, actually when it's really cold I'm quite happy to do the fire and rug thing (but only in private) and my secret to looking like I don't need warm woollies is thermal underwear. I went to our M&S outlet store today and bought a nice long-sleeved vest. :wink:

I do remember beatniks well - always had a bit of a hankering to be one but was too young and my Mum wouldn't let me grow my hair. :rolleyes: As soon as I got away from home I grew it as long as I could and did a bit of spectacular misspending of my youth. Along the way I did somehow manage to get married fairly young and train to be a teacher so it wasn't long before I was quite respectable.

Now I'm perilously close to being 62 so I'm working hard on growing old disgracefully. :laugh: :laugh:

Finally got round to getting my hair cut tonight, its been in dire need for months but it's all short and chopped again now so that's one thing ticked off my to do list.

Fleur makes me laugh, for about 2 hours she's been sat leaned against me for an ear and head scratch then keeps dozing off and her legs go so she slips below hand height then brr jumps up and starts again :laugh: she's finally given up and gone to bed.

NN :flowers:

:laugh:

Yeah, well, actually when it's really cold I'm quite happy to do the fire and rug thing (but only in private) and my secret to looking like I don't need warm woollies is thermal underwear. I went to our M&S outlet store today and bought a nice long-sleeved vest. :wink:

Where is the M & S outlet store near you please?

I've been looking for one of those ever since I moved up to Middlesex.

And I agree, M & S thermals are brill :biggrin:

Morning :wavey: Woke up a few times in the night cos I took Max to bed and he likes to wake up halfway through his sleeps and come and bug mummy for a cuddle :dry:

watch out cos with the present ebay system you will come off worse with feedback

Last time I checked (unless it's recently changed) a seller can't leave negative feedback for a buyer (and if they try to do so under the guise of positive feedback, it gets deleted). I, however, will be leaving negative feedback for her once I get my money back.

I always have a nice fleecy blanket over my legs when I'm sprawled out on the sofa, does that mean I'm getting old? :unsure:

ETA : I have now lost a stone :biggrin:

Edited by merledogs

Well done Alex :flowers:

Ebay feedback is now very much on the side of the buyer so you should be safe Alex, I too have just had to send something back which has meant that I'm now £8.50 out of pocket & the new winter coat I bought for Nog which was a bargain has turned out to be not as big a bargain as I had wanted. Seller has been cooperative so far despite saying they wont accept returns or exchanges on the listing and they have agreed to exchange for a smaller size (the one I got would have fit a donkey) I measured exactly as per their instructions, both Nogs measurements and the coats measurements are accurate but it's far far too big, I can only think that they made it from a template for very deep chested and broad greyhounds rather than the slim hipped narrow waisted Nogster version of a greyhound :laugh: Hopefully a smaller version will be a better fit as the coat itself is actually very nice and looks lovely and warm.