UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Rambling Mundane Fings

merledogs

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very random this...

My mum (who is now conscious and making small bits of progress each day) was trying to convince everyone yesterday that she was on a hospital ship in Scotland and that airsea rescue was going to move her to the new rehab hospital :laugh: - brain damage is an odd thing!

Thats great news that she has come round and she does sound stress free.

Very random this...

My mum (who is now conscious and making small bits of progress each day) was trying to convince everyone yesterday that she was on a hospital ship in Scotland and that airsea rescue was going to move her to the new rehab hospital :laugh: - brain damage is an odd thing!

glad your mum is making progress Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif how are you doing ? do you have some support for you as well flowers.gif

Re mums saying odd things , about 20 years ago Grandma Squirrel had blood poisoning and was in hospital for 2 months ( and came within 8 hours of having her leg amputated ) , in the first 10 days she was totally off her face on meds and said the strangest things including telling everyone in the ward VERY LOUDLY that it was like being at a rave on drugs ( how she knows this we never found out laugh.gif )

:GroupHug: Jules :GroupHug:

:GroupHug: Griff

I suprised myself with how organised I was this morning :biggrin: UPS were delivering a parcel and I left a note asking them to leave it in the conservatory if I was out AND I left a sticker with my signature on it for them :ohmy:. It worked too and they left the parcel :cool: which is a pressie for Darren's birthday in two weeks :wink: .

:GroupHug: Griff

:GroupHug: Jules

Glad your mum is improving Karen :flowers:

have a lovely holiday San :biggrin:

:GroupHug: :flowers: for all who need them.

I haven't been well either, so only good for lurking for a while. Back to work today though and feeling a bit less fuzzy headed.

Anyone got snow yet? If you have, please keep it, I don't want it. :unsure:

I have no RMF's apart from I won't be going anywhere near shops from now until the new year, since the amount of people in them had quadrupled last weekend! :ohmy: Internet from now on and only popping in to supermarkets on the way to work for bits and pieces. Gee, the rush has started early :wacko:

:wavey: :wavey: hello everyone, i have tried to catch up but there is too much for me to go through, i hope everyone is well and if not :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

i have been really poorly and i am not 100% yet so just popped in to have a quick catchup. i have been back and forth to the doctor and hospital and i am not thrilled with my consultant, and i now have to go through another general anaesthetic to hopefully get my hearing restored... i need to try and shift this very persistent infection before they can operate.( had pus running out of my ear for a month)

will hopefully be able to keep up properly when i am feeling better

Yer back ! bigsmiley.gif

Very random this...

Awww laugh.gif, glad she's making progress

Baltic here and I think I'm getting a cold sneeze.gif......sorry if I've snotted on anyone blinking1.gif.

Spud lost his collar in the field, cost me £40 that did tapfoot.gif

Spud lost his collar in the field, cost me £40 that did tapfoot.gif

Might turn up tomorrow if other people use the field? Az lost his collar on the moors near Tavistock once: the first person who read the tag & phoned me told me where it was so I said I'd go pick it up : I then had people leading me a right old dance as they found it, wandered off with it, called me, put it down, someone else found it....

In the end I had to drive round and pick up from someone's house, there was no chance I was going to get it just left at an obvious landmark for me to collect! :rolleyes::laugh:

glad your mum is making progress Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif how are you doing ? do you have some support for you as well flowers.gif

Re mums saying odd things , about 20 years ago Grandma Squirrel had blood poisoning and was in hospital for 2 months ( and came within 8 hours of having her leg amputated ) , in the first 10 days she was totally off her face on meds and said the strangest things including telling everyone in the ward VERY LOUDLY that it was like being at a rave on drugs ( how she knows this we never found out laugh.gif )

The 60s was the real thing you know. Raves were just an imitation. I expect Grandma Squiggs rocked in her day

I've just been up to have a cuddle withthe furries and my Pooh piggie has died :mecry:

I'm really sorry :GroupHug:

glad your mum is making progress Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif how are you doing ? do you have some support for you as well flowers.gifRe mums saying odd things , about 20 years ago Grandma Squirrel had blood poisoning and was in hospital for 2 months ( and came within 8 hours of having her leg amputated ) , in the first 10 days she was totally off her face on meds and said the strangest things including telling everyone in the ward VERY LOUDLY that it was like being at a rave on drugs ( how she knows this we never found out laugh.gif )

I'm doing OK apart from being a bit tired, but thank you for asking!

I've just been to see my mum in the new community hospital and considering that she had hardly said a word until last week, she is chatting away really well. The fact that a good chunk of what she says is a bit wierd doesn't really matter - it was such hard work talking to her in a coma that any conversation is welcome. (Edited to add that although she's making good progress with eating, movement etc - the aneurysm can't actually be "fixed" and if it bleeds again she would probably die)

Could you get Grandma Squirrel to write her life story, you might get to find out about the rave then! It could be a great fund-raiser for Dogstar.

Edited by Karen

V sorry about the little g pig! :GroupHug:

Pleased that your Mum is doing well, Karen. :GroupHug:

Re the 60's - bloody hell what's all this talk of Grannies who rocked in the 60's?? It makes us sound like a load of little old ladies sitting by the fire with rugs over our knees. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Listen you lot, I was there. Saw the Beatles first Christmas Show at the Finsbury Park Astoria and the Stones at the big free concert in Hyde Park. Wore mini (and I mean MINI)skirts and maxi dresses the first time round and velvet loon pants, demonstrated in Grosvenor Square against the Vietnam War and so on and so on.....

I don't feel much older than I did then and I'm still capable of getting up to no good. :wink: